Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Newbie iMatch quick hitch and JD Ballast box question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-04-2017 @ 02:00 PM
    Thanks

Newbie iMatch quick hitch and JD Ballast box question

Hello,

I purchased a JD Ballast Box today for my new 1025R. I also purchased the iMatch quick hitch. I read that I needed the bushing kit and purchased one. (BW15056)

I am a little confused on the install. I think I have the lower bushings for the Ballast box correct, please see the picture with the roll pin. (Assuming I just hammer the roll pins in?) But, I am confused on the top pin on the Ballast box. I have taken a picture of what all came in the bushing kit. I saw another thread about putting the two smaller bushings in the kit together, but I cannot see how they will stay in? Am I missing another kit or just clueless, lol.

I appreciate the help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0073.jpg   IMG_0074.jpg   IMG_0075.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    The ones with the knobs get roll pinned on the lowers with the knobs out. The other ones just slides over the pin you put through the top. I have a Heavy Hitch so you can't see the top pin when engaged but there is a bushing over the pin the iMatch is engaged on

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0822.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	310185

Name:	IMG_0823.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	310193

Name:	IMG_0824.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	310201
    Last edited by MeagerHair; 02-06-2017 at 07:40 PM.
    Levi likes this.
    2007 2305, New to Me 12/15
    62c MMM, Independent Mid Lift
    H130 FEL, Heavy Hitch, , IMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks,
    N1 Sunshade, 48" Flex Hitch King Kutter,
    72" CTA Snow Pusher, CIDAttachments Forks
    LP 60” Grader Scrapper, R2 Edge Tamers
    Hitch'N Can

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MeagerHair For This Useful Post:

Nospleen (02-06-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MeagerHair View Post
    The ones with the knobs get roll pinned on the lowers with the knobs out. The other ones just slides over the pin you put through the top.

I can go get some pics if it would help.
    That would be very helpful. Does it appear I am missing parts, or do my pics show that I have all that I need. (Besides a clue)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    You have all that's needed for bushings. Will need a pin for the top hook. The bushing you show on bottom pin in pic will go over pin for top hook. The bushings with the "lip" goes on bottom pins of implement for bottom hooks of quick hitch to connect onto
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 02-06-2017 at 07:41 PM.
    Levi likes this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    Added the pictures in above.
    ky_shawn likes this.
    2007 2305, New to Me 12/15
    62c MMM, Independent Mid Lift
    H130 FEL, Heavy Hitch, , IMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks,
    N1 Sunshade, 48" Flex Hitch King Kutter,
    72" CTA Snow Pusher, CIDAttachments Forks
    LP 60” Grader Scrapper, R2 Edge Tamers
    Hitch'N Can

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MeagerHair For This Useful Post:

Nospleen (02-06-2017)

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ky_shawn View Post
    You have all that's needed for bushings. Will need a pin for the top hook. The bushing you show on bottom pin in pic will go over pin for top hook. The bushings with the "lip" goes on bottom pins of implement for bottom hooks of quick hitch to connect onto
    Does the pin for the top hook not come with the imatch or the JD Ballast box? Assuming I can pick one up at tractor supply or Home Depot. But, I just wanted to make sure they did not short change me.

Any tips on removing a half installed roll pin. Let's just pretend I tried to install the bushings on the bottom in my pic and have a half installed roll pin.

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Yup you can get the pin at tractor supply. I've used a bolt when in a pinch but a pin is better. If the roll pin isn't fully knocked in just turn it over and use a punch, small bolt, etc to use as something to rest against roll pin and pound it out with a hammer. The top pin doesn't come with imatch or implements
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 02-06-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    Levi likes this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Yup you can get the pin at tractor supply. I've used a bolt when in a pinch but a pin is better. If the roll pin isn't fully knocked in just turn it hitch over and use a punch, small bolt, etc to use as something to rest against roll pin and pound it out with a hammer.
    That is exactly what I tried, but it is not budging. About 5/8" is still sticking out. Ugh...

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I suggest a B.A.H. I installed the bushings onto my box blade and then discovered it wasn't quick hitch compatible, haven't had time to make it compatible yet but needed the blade so I had to remove the bushings. I had to beat the snot out of the roll pins to get them out.
    Levi likes this.

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    I suggest a B.A.H. I installed the bushings onto my box blade and then discovered it wasn't quick hitch compatible, haven't had time to make it compatible yet but needed the blade so I had to remove the bushings. I had to beat the snot out of the roll pins to get them out.
    Okay, I just took that roll pin out to the wood shed. All is good now. Now I just need the top pin and should be good.

Thanks everyone!
    Levi likes this.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast