Top Link minimum length too long
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Top Link minimum length too long

  1. Top | #1
    jcrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Last Online
    09-29-2019 @ 08:38 AM
    Location
    Alexandria, Kentucky
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Top Link minimum length too long

    Hello everyone,
    A short while back I bought a 2305 with a rear grader blade. It didn't come with the top link, so I bought the standard length CAT 1 link from Tractor Supply. Yesterday, I hooked everything up, however with the top link adjusted to it's shortest position, the blade is too far pitched forward. Meaning the hitch side of the implement frame is higher than the blade side.

    I know that several folks have mentioned that they run these TS links, so I'm scratching my head a little... I assume that I need to find/order a shorter link. I notice that TS has 2 CAT 1 links. A standard length (which is the one that I bought) and an extra long one which obviously I don't need.

    Has anyone else ran into this problem before? Does the 2305 require a short top link?

    I'm also wondering if this blade that I have is just an odd-ball piece of equipment. I looked the model number up and it's a Howse Implement 4' Grader Blade, model # SXSSGB4.

    I'm leaning toward just selling it and buying an JD quick hitch and a better 5' blade, but I'm still concerned about the top link length. It's easy to take one back to the local store, but before I go ordering a different one online, I want to be certain that I'm ordering the right one.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4746.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	312498

    Thanks!
    Gizmo2 and Levi like this.
    ---------
    2015 JD Z930M, 60" 7 Iron Pro
    2009 JD 2305, 62c MMM, 200cx loader, 49" bucket, Piranha Tooth Bar, Folding ROPS, LP25000 Canopy, Frontier BB2048L, iMatch Hitch, JD LP25001 Hitch Receiver
    2004 JD X495, 62c MMM, rear PTO, 16s cart, 54 blade front snow blade on quick hitch
    1994 JD 265, 48" MMM
    2008 JD TH 6x4 Diesel Gator, power dump, deluxe light kit, bed liner, floor liner, bumper, brush guard, fender guards.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Firemark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    Millstone, N.J.
    Posts
    908
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 185 Times in 109 Posts

    Adjusting implement.

    When you say, "Forward", I'm not sure if you mean top is too forward or bottom, re: toward the tractor. You could shorten the part of the bracket and redrill holes on the 45 degree struts on the bracket, if the bottom of the blade needs to be away from the tractor more. If it's the other way, simply lengthen those struts via welding, or sister some metal stock to match. I did a similar thing on my pine rake to make it QH compatible(thread is in implements section and fairly recent). My upper link bracket swings up and down to match the QH hook height setting to match my other implements. However, if used direct on the 3 pt, I could move the link bracket up or down to gain or lessen distance and change height from the tractor. Hope this gives you some direction. Pretty easy fix.
    Last edited by Firemark; 02-12-2017 at 08:56 AM.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

  4. Top | #3
    Fit Rite Hydraulics MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:40 AM
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    633
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 128 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrist View Post
    Hello everyone,
    A short while back I bought a 2305 with a rear grader blade. It didn't come with the top link, so I bought the standard length CAT 1 link from Tractor Supply. Yesterday, I hooked everything up, however with the top link adjusted to it's shortest position, the blade is too far pitched forward. Meaning the hitch side of the implement frame is higher than the blade side.

    I know that several folks have mentioned that they run these TS links, so I'm scratching my head a little... I assume that I need to find/order a shorter link. I notice that TS has 2 CAT 1 links. A standard length (which is the one that I bought) and an extra long one which obviously I don't need.

    Has anyone else ran into this problem before? Does the 2305 require a short top link?

    I'm also wondering if this blade that I have is just an odd-ball piece of equipment. I looked the model number up and it's a Howse Implement 4' Grader Blade, model # SXSSGB4.

    I'm leaning toward just selling it and buying an JD quick hitch and a better 5' blade, but I'm still concerned about the top link length. It's easy to take one back to the local store, but before I go ordering a different one online, I want to be certain that I'm ordering the right one.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4746.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	312498

    Thanks!
    What works really well in these circumstances is to show us a picture with the blade hitched to the tractor showing us the problem. Descriptions tend to get mis interpreted and gets you many different solutions because of that misinterpretation.
    Brian

    Manufacturer of Fit Rite Hydraulics

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Location
    Near Roa. VA
    Posts
    3,616
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 440 Times in 340 Posts
    There does seem to be top links with 16 inch bodies,,
    then,,, there is the CAT 1 top link with the 13 inch body,,,

    https://www.amazon.com/CAT-1-Forged-.../dp/B000UVHE5I

    I can not find specs for the 13 inch,,,
    maybe the 13 inch is for CAT 1 Limited??

    The 13 is available multiple places,, but,, I did not find specs,,,

    The 16 inch works fine on my JD 650,, I guess it is not "Limited"?
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to CADplans For This Useful Post:

    jcrist (02-14-2017)

  8. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Location
    Near Roa. VA
    Posts
    3,616
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 440 Times in 340 Posts
    I just found a 9 inch body with specs,,,

    https://www.amazon.com/TISCO-JSA1009.../dp/B00BW5PYGW

    So, get out the tape measure,, and decide if you need a 9 inch,, or 13 inch!
    Levi, BigJim55 and romcjr like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to CADplans For This Useful Post:

    jcrist (02-14-2017)

  10. Top | #6
    Firemark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    Millstone, N.J.
    Posts
    908
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 185 Times in 109 Posts

    Shorter link arm

    cad, wouldn't it be easier to mod the implement than change the entire top link every time you use that implement. I guess if the shorter link works with your other implements than that might be easy.
    Levi, BigJim55 and CADplans like this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Firemark For This Useful Post:

    jcrist (02-14-2017)

  12. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Location
    Near Roa. VA
    Posts
    3,616
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 440 Times in 340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    cad, wouldn't it be easier to mod the implement than change the entire top link every time you use that implement. I guess if the shorter link works with your other implements than that might be easy.
    I think that tractor is in fact CAT I Limited,,, the 16 inch body top link is just wrong for any use.

    I do not own one of the Limited tractors (YET!! ) ,, but,, they sell the 9 and 13 inch for something,,,
    I think this tractor is IT!
    Levi likes this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to CADplans For This Useful Post:

    jcrist (02-14-2017)

  14. Top | #8
    jcrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Last Online
    09-29-2019 @ 08:38 AM
    Location
    Alexandria, Kentucky
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    What works really well in these circumstances is to show us a picture with the blade hitched to the tractor showing us the problem. Descriptions tend to get mis interpreted and gets you many different solutions because of that misinterpretation.
    Here's a picture of it on the tractor with the top link adjusted to the minimum/shortest length.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TopLink.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	931.1 KB 
ID:	313090
    ---------
    2015 JD Z930M, 60" 7 Iron Pro
    2009 JD 2305, 62c MMM, 200cx loader, 49" bucket, Piranha Tooth Bar, Folding ROPS, LP25000 Canopy, Frontier BB2048L, iMatch Hitch, JD LP25001 Hitch Receiver
    2004 JD X495, 62c MMM, rear PTO, 16s cart, 54 blade front snow blade on quick hitch
    1994 JD 265, 48" MMM
    2008 JD TH 6x4 Diesel Gator, power dump, deluxe light kit, bed liner, floor liner, bumper, brush guard, fender guards.

  15. Top | #9
    Fit Rite Hydraulics MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:40 AM
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    633
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 128 Times in 103 Posts
    Perfect. Clearly the top brace on the boom is to long, as is your top link. The boom and the hitch should be at 90*. Your top link should be able to retract about 3" minimum from it's current position. So if you want to correct the problems that you currently have as shown, both the top link and the boom's brace need to be shorter.
    56FordGuy, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Brian

    Manufacturer of Fit Rite Hydraulics

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to MtnViewRanch For This Useful Post:

    jcrist (02-14-2017)

  17. Top | #10
    Bonehead Club Lackey Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Location
    NE Tenn.
    Posts
    10,153
    Thanks
    2,990
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    What I noticed about the 1026r the first time I seen one was that the space between the tractor and the tiller that was on it had more space. I asked about it and the salesman told me that they made the 3PH lift arms longer. Seeing as the 2305 and the 2210 are more or less the same then I's say that is where your problem is. You probably have a center link for the 1 series. You need the center link for the 2305 which I'd say is shorter because of the shorter lift arms.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

    Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Levi For This Useful Post:

    jcrist (02-14-2017)

  19. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •