Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DeanB

Thread: Weighing lighting options

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 07:42 PM
    Thanks

Question Weighing lighting options

I've long thought some more lights would be a good addition to my 1025R. My employment has changed a bit and I will need to do more in the dark now, clearing snow. So better lighting is a necessity. But what do I choose? I want to add more/better front lighting and rear lighting. I see two directions to go:

• Add something like the JD rear light kit and also find some forward facing lights to mount to the side of the ROPS/on top of the flashers.
    • Add a forward-facing light bar to the top of the ROPS, and a backward-facing light bar to the top of the ROPS.

I'm not sure what my desired wiring would look like, but I think the front and rear lights should probably turn on with the work lights. That is, I don't believe I see need for a separate control for them. (A separate project, though, is that I think the flashers should have their own switch. Some day.)

I've seen lots of people adding various kinds of lights. But what's not clear to me is why they chose the lights they did. Is there a reason one option might be better than another? What sort of additional lighting did you add, and do you like it/would you do it again? Or maybe opt for something different? Feedback appreciated!
    1025R TLB with the 53" loader bucket and 12" backhoe bucket, 54" mower deck (no AutoConnect!), 54" snowblower, 647 tiller, and a ballast box. Fitted an RIO override, added several KBOGH products (a pair of hooks on the loader bucket, a clevis mount to the backhoe, and the diff lock pedal), a GoPro mount on top of the ROPS, R2 Manufacturing 2x 4" Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders. What next?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Thanks
    I'm also thinking about adding some lights. I want my lights as high on the ROPS as I can get them. The goal is to reduce the shadow in front of forward implements, like the blade or snow blower. With the headlights alone, its hard to see what's very close to the front implements
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:16 PM
    Thanks
    I added 4 led lights to my ROPS for snow blowing, 2 spots facing forward, one flood forward and one flood backward. Mounted with some 75# rated rare earth magnets. They hold amazingly well, don't move until you want to move them. Powered off the 12V socket since it's a winter only setup. Added a toggle switch for each set, floods and spots so I can use what I want. Have to say I'm very happy with how they turned out and I can take them off come mowing season, lots of trees and the keep the ROPS down all summer.
    Viper21 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danwolfgang View Post
    I've long thought some more lights would be a good addition to my 1025R. My employment has changed a bit and I will need to do more in the dark now, clearing snow. So better lighting is a necessity. But what do I choose? I want to add more/better front lighting and rear lighting. I see two directions to go:

• Add something like the JD rear light kit and also find some forward facing lights to mount to the side of the ROPS/on top of the flashers.
    • Add a forward-facing light bar to the top of the ROPS, and a backward-facing light bar to the top of the ROPS.

I'm not sure what my desired wiring would look like, but I think the front and rear lights should probably turn on with the work lights. That is, I don't believe I see need for a separate control for them. (A separate project, though, is that I think the flashers should have their own switch. Some day.)

I've seen lots of people adding various kinds of lights. But what's not clear to me is why they chose the lights they did. Is there a reason one option might be better than another? What sort of additional lighting did you add, and do you like it/would you do it again? Or maybe opt for something different? Feedback appreciated!
    I added two Rigid LED lights up over my head on ROPS. Seen a lot of the being blinded by the lights on flashers, then having to add blinder shields.
    Figured a couple powerful floods forward and back would be worth a try. I love them.
    Put in a separate switch to just control them. Could of tied into the exsisting auxilliary light JD pigtails but they would of came on with other lights and wanted the option.
    And luckily, i can still back into my garage.

...and the pics are without any of the other lights on 1025 on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image5-vi.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	313441

Name:	image3-vi.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	313449

Name:	image10-vi.jpg 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	313457

Name:	image25-vi.jpg 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	313465
    Last edited by blue87fj60; 02-14-2017 at 04:43 AM.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 06:55 PM
    Thanks
    I added front and rear facing LED under the top of my ROPS. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we have had NO snow this year so I can't attest to how well this is working for me. Since my 2305 does not have a folding ROPS, I was forced to go under the ROPS for both overhead door clearance and concerns with tree limbs while I mow. That said, having them below the ROPS leads to my head causing a shadow on forward facing lighting. Regarding the two switches, I went that route with the thought that I may want the back light off when I am doing mostly forward snow blowing. My neighbor and I have always worked together clearing our shared drive. If he is out there with me, I want to be able to turn off the rear light so that I am not blinding him.

I also chose to run the forward lights on a separate switch from the headlights so that I can run without headlight glare from the blower or loader.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ml#post1108722
    2305, 200CX loader w/53" bucket, 62C MMM, and 47 SB.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements