1025r price...this good or bad
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 1025r price...this good or bad

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-18-2018 @ 02:44 PM
    Thanks
    After buying my tractor I have been wondering if I got a deal or not...so here is what I got 1025r with loader and 54 inch fronteir rear blower, block heater, rear work light, ballasr box,original cab with glass front and wiper, also a heater that runs off the coolant. Also made it wet on the back and the blower is all hydraulically run. 21000 even
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20161227_073928_1487367828076.jpg  
    Last edited by Maineguy77; 02-17-2017 at 03:44 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 673 Posts
    My belief is, if you still have a smile on your face, you got a great deal.
    fdmars, OldmanX, hodge and 8 others like this.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    11-18-2018 @ 02:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyM View Post
    My belief is, if you still have a smile on your face, you got a great deal.
    Yeah i keep smiling...i love this tractor

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Thanks
    ^^^^^^^^ What he said^^^^^^^^^both of them
    Drifterbike and ky_shawn like this.
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    I know where your coming from. I spent 6 months after buying my 3520 looking at sites and looking through papers trying to compare tractors against what I bought wondering the same thing you are. Finally I just let it go, I freakin love my tractor and obviously I was ok with the price otherwise I wouldn't have coughed up the money. If I keep looking I will find one cheaper but by the time I got to it, checked it out, and got it home my costs may have still been close to the same. Maybe you could have saved a grand, could have just as easily cost you an extra grand to get it as well. I enjoy my tractor even more so now knowing it's what I wanted and by golly I got it. Wished it had some "extras" that I was finding on others for sale but the prices and/or hours and condition wasn't the same. I purchased mine used with 60ish hours on it but it would have made no difference. If I bought new from dealer I still would have been price checking so I get what your going through. It's a lot of mental anguish, or was for me anyways. Let it go man, be happy with your tractor. It's a dang good looking setup you have!
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 02-17-2017 at 04:15 PM.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Thanks

Congrats on new tractor

Don't drive yourself nuts, the deal is done. Enjoy the tractor! Now you can spend your time on researching implements, tools and fun add ons. Good luck with your new rig.
    RandyM, BigJim55, OldmanX and 2 others like this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:30 PM
    Thanks
    When you bundle things together they are able to typically get you a better deal. However, if you're looking to compare line by line, then you need to post what each item was line by line.

I just bought a 1025R TLB with 60" AutoConnect and 48" Box Blade and paid just about the same as you, but the tractor has a completely different setup and options.

The only quote I got for a plain 1025R with no bucket, mower, etc, was $11,821.02. Each additional item added cost, but perhaps you could share what the base tractor price you paid was?
    BigJim55 and Drifterbike like this.
    2016 John Deere 1025R TLB, 60" Autoconnect Deck, iMatch, 48" Box Blade.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    08-22-2018 @ 12:06 PM
    Thanks
    My experience. I had 3 local dealers give me a price for my 1025r. 2 were within $100 of each other and the other was $750 higher. One of the 2 lower dealers was the one I had been doing business with. I asked them to take another $500 off and the deal was done. If you got quotes from a couple of dealers and got a little more off the lowest, then you got a good deal. Don't dwell on it, just enjoy the tractor.
    BigJim55 and Drifterbike like this.
    2016 -- 1025r, turf tires, 54" mower deck, h120 loader, ballast box, 54" snowblower, 54" front blade, 3 bag rear bagger, Imatch, Post Hole Digger, 5' Landscape Rake with wheels, 3 pt rear hitch receiver, rear light, bush guards, OTC cab with wiper and lights.

Upgraded from a 2001 -- GT235, 48" mowing deck, 3 bag rear bagger, 47" snow plow, dump cart.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Thanks
    Many years ago I managed a custom products operation for a major electronics company. Our primary business was automated test systems for electronic manufacturing. In order to test the customer's electronic device, customized mechanical fixturing and software was required. Some projects also required customized electronics. We did roughly 20 of these one-off projects each month. They had to be quoted, designed, contract negotiated and finalized, and then fabricated and installed. Each project was very unique. Therefore, the price of each one was unique. Because customers saw the price as variable, they also believed it was highly negotiable. The negotiations were fierce.

In the price I quoted, I always included a little pad for customer breeches of the contract. I had done this for a while and I expected them to miss their deadlines on providing us with design parameters. I also knew that typically they would have to revise the design of their device (fix a bug) at some point during our project. If they beat this pad out of me during the negotiations, I would have to go back for more money when they breached our contract. This would drag out the project at a time when they were very pressed for time. But my job was to make sure we made money on these projects. You don't lose a little on each one and make up for it with volume. So the customers that thought they got the rock-bottom deal usually ended up having to come up with more money along the way and saw their project schedule slip in a business where time to market is everything. We actually had customers that we "fired" who would not tolerate us making any money on their project. Customers that generate no profits for your business are a waste of your time.

When you're making a major purchase, it always pays to negotiate a bit to make sure that you don't pay the price the guy pays who is afraid to ask for a lower price. However, if you go overboard and compromise the seller's opportunity to make a decent profit on the sale, you will likely find them very inflexible when you run into a problem down the road. Everybody needs to make a buck. Most businesses want to take care of their customers, but the money has to be there for them to do it.

I was trained and functioned as a ruthless negotiator. I had customers ask my management if they could have someone else to negotiate with. (The answer was always "no".) But what they didn't like was my insistence on deals that were fair to everyone involved. You need to look out for your own interests and make sure the other guy comes out okay as well.

About a year ago I was purchasing an implement from a local Deere dealer. We were working out the price and focused on delivery. If I picked the implement up at their store, I would have to pay the local city sales tax. If it was delivered at my home (outside of any city limits), the tax would be about $100 less. But that was about what the delivery charge would be. So it didn't really make any difference to me. But I told the salesman that I wanted it delivered because I would rather he get the $100 than the taxing authority. He gave me this weird look like he'd never had a customer worry about him getting more money before. And he said "I'll split it with you." So I got the delivery for $50 and he got $50 more in revenue. I was happy, he was happy.
    RandyM, OxPath, BigJim55 and 6 others like this.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

12. The Following User Says Thank You to keane For This Useful Post:

Ray_PA (02-18-2017)

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    09-27-2019 @ 09:45 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maineguy77 View Post
    After buying my tractor I have been wondering if I got a deal or not...so here is what I got 1025r with loader and 54 inch fronteir rear blower, block heater, rear work light, ballasr box,original cab with glass front and wiper, also a heater that runs off the coolant. Also made it wet on the back and the blower is all hydraulically run. 21000 even
    Like others have said, it is hard to compare. Everyone has slightly different configurations, and different implements. For what you got, that price seems ballpark. I don't think it is a smoking deal, but I don't think it is out of line to the high side, either.

I would be interested in knowing how the tractor handles that blower, though.......
    Drifterbike likes this.
    JD 1025r; H120 loader; Howse 48" rotary cutter; Deere 647 tiller; County Line post hole digger; County Line middle buster; County Line carry-all; Ford 5' 3-point blade; Heavy Hitch receiver hitch/weight bracket; Heavy Hitch tooth bar; Titan pallet forks; Ken's bolt-on hooks.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast