My used snowblower had a bent impeller and huge gap between the impeller and housing so repairs were necessary.
While the impeller was out of the machine getting straightened, and the blower getting 5 new bearings:
I matched some cut steel for a backing, clamped it to the blade and drilled two holes per impeller blade, and reinstalled it into the blower.
Once in the blower, I cut rubber rectangles, matched them to the blade up tight to the housing, and marked the rubber through the drilled holes.
Using a punch, I punched holes in the rubber, sandwiched the rubber to the impeller with the cut steel and bolted them in with nylock nuts.
I ran the blower for about 3 minutes with no load to wear the paddles in.
Here are a few pics, pretty basic stuff. The machine works great now even though all I did was use it in a snow bank and some mud - snows melting fast in Massachusetts.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk