• 5 Post By Adamq
  • 1 Post By wentonbrown

Thread: 260 backhoe pins loose

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-20-2018 @ 12:05 AM
    Thanks

260 backhoe pins loose

I installed my new 260 backhoe on my 2006 2305 a couple weeks ago and just used it for the first time last week. I was disappointed at the amount of slop in the bore's where the attaching pins go. I thought it was excessive but I tried to dig with it anyway, bad choice! it had around .060-.080 clearance in the pin bore and when I put down pressure to dig and then curled the bucket and raised the boom it would bang harshly. I only tried a couple buckets then quit. I was going to ream the bores and then turn pins to fit but I came up with a quick fix for now and will ream and machine pins later if at all. I simply measured the clearance between the backhoe frame and the tractor subframe. It was close enough to use 1/8th " flat bar, I just broke a one inch by two inch piece and drilled a 17/32 hole in it. then slipped it in between the two frames and transfer punched the spacer block. I drilled and tapped 1/4-20 treads and then bolted in place. It took up almost all the slop and is not hard to align the pins either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2120.PNG   IMG_2103.JPG   IMG_2104.JPG   IMG_2105.JPG   IMG_2119.PNG  

OxPath, DennisM, romcjr and 1 others like this.
    eosenga

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eosenga For This Useful Post:

chex313 (03-11-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Thanks
    That is a great fix. I am surprised there is so much slop in the pins. The 260 on my 1025 is quite tight and have to be quite precise when I attach the backhoe to my tractor. I guess if things start to get loose on mine I now know how to fix it.

Adam
    2019 2025R, H120 Loader, 260b Backhoe, 47 QH Snow BLower, EL23 Kuhn Tiller, I-match, Heavy Hitch and misc. attachments

2016 X758, 54" HC mower, Quick Hitch, 60" blade, 3 pt hitch

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Thanks
    My pins seemed tight but I had one fall out because I didn't close the keeper all the way. I had driven the tractor to my Dad house and was using the backhoe for a while before I noticed the pin was gone. Found it just down the road from my house. I put zip ties on the pins so if that ever happens again they stay attached and will just hang there. Other than human error that one time I haven't had any issues. I have to make sure it is lined up almost perfect to take pins in or out when switching attachments.
    etcallhome likes this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Thanks
    eosenga, Thats a great solution to a problem I didn't know I had... I may have 200 hours on the BH and never thought about reducing that slop.
    Dave's 2012 1026R TLB,54"MMM Auto Attach,Ken's hooks&clevis,Artillian 36' Forks and a KennyPedal WH 520H 48" Snow Blade,48" Deck379 Peterbuilt (3 Million Miles in a big truck)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    06-17-2019 @ 02:51 AM
    Thanks
    I had my pins fall out as well. I replaced them with hitch pins. Never had one fall out since. Nice Mod.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements