Green Tractor Talk banner

Winter is coming ...

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  TC Plowing 
#1 ·
With winter coming I am thinking of gettin a Snow pusher box John Deere 4066r with Cotech EXT REV 6-10 - YouTube (that is a whole nother story) but I also think I'm going to need some more rear weight for traction. Wanted to add chains but read here that isn't a option on the 4066 w/R4's; not enough clearance. But what if I added spacers??

I'm considering beat juice fluid fill $450 (roughly 60gal x2 for 1020lb) and or a wheel weight kit. (not sure of the total weigh of this as the JD parts site is kind of confusing on the 3 different weights)
Any of you guys have the 4066 wheel weight kit that can tell me the rough cost and weight of the kit?

My concern is I really don't want that extra weight in the spring when my land is soggy. (Made a heck of a mess this spring with no extra weigh.) So I don't really want to go fluid as it cant be taken out easily. Also How big of a job is it to install and remove the wheel weights solo? I'm a big boy with a shop full of tools but only 2 hands.

Any ideas suggestions are welcome.

#4 ·
I have a set of the 110 wheel weights on my 4066R, but I do not know the cost as the tractor came with them. Not near enough weight. You need rear ballast. That way, it can be removed as necessary in the spring. I have the JD ballast box with extensions. Filled with concrete, it weighs 1043#. You need at least that much on the rear. The more the better.

Dave

#5 ·
#8 ·
thats a badass snow pusher

Reactions: JD4044M
#9 · (Edited)
Spacers and chains may be the answer. I can't do a ballast box as I'll be carrying a PTO salt spreader on the 3 point.

Now to find a good set of chains for them big ass R4's

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JD4044M
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.