Green Tractor Talk banner

Finally Brought Her Home. New 1025R my first real tractor

5K views 32 replies 25 participants last post by  Viper21 
#1 ·
Picked her up from my local dealer, literally live so close that I just drove the tractor home. Here she is:

I was very pleased with the price I paid, my salesman was very polite and professional and went over all operations with me in extreme detail. I love the tractor, can't wait to have some real fun with it. The only thing I had a problem with is I didn't get a full tank of fuel, not even 1/4 tank, it was filthy when it was delivered, and couple scratches on it I'd love to see them at least try to fix or give me some free paint.

Besides those small issues I love it, my dad came over and drove it around and loves it, the kids love it, heck I think even my wife loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats man on the tractor purchase. Sure looks shiny and new in the pictures! Jump on it and before you do anything else just drive it under a tree with low hanging branches. Put a couple scratches on it yourself, let the heart ache of it pass, and then you will be ready for many years of enjoyment with it.

#3 ·
Congrats good looking tractor. It's nice you live so close to dealer hopefully a great one. Glad your wife likes it that half the battle. Have fun and Be Safe:good2:

Reactions: jhays and Levi
#4 ·
Congratulations! Fun for the whole family alright. Your weather looks mighty nice compared to mine right now. My 1025 would sink if I pulled it out of the barn. Good on you for splurging for the backhoe, they are very fun to operate and work surprisingly well if you don't try and wrestle with heavy tree roots too much.

#5 ·
Looks great! And it looks like you have some work waiting on it. If you're going to use it and not just look at it you won't see any scratches after it's used. None that will matter anyway. They will blend right in with the ones you put on it. :bigthumb:

#6 ·
You got that right! I was more proud of my JD than any other tractor I have had. The first BIG scratches hurt a little but I got over it fairly quick. It's impossible to use it and not acquire scratches. I wax the tractor once a year for several reasons. One of those is to help with resale when the time comes, but I suppose the main reason is simply because I like shiny green paint. The waxed surfaces does seem to help limbs, weeds, briars, and everything else that one can encounter slide on the surfaces rather than having a surface they can get some traction on.

#7 ·
jhays, do you mind if I ask where you bought the childrens tractor toy and bout how much it set you back?

#11 ·
I bought it at Christmas at Tractor Supply. It's made by Peg Perego, there are several different models including a pedal powered tractor so be careful to read what you're getting before you buy. It's normally $399 for this model with loader and trailer. It was on sale for $299. However, check your JD dealer because mine sells it normally for $275.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Enjoy the new tractor

Best wishes for you and your new machine. I have the same one. You will love using it.

Don

#9 ·
Nice to have it home for the first time, nice and shiny new. Having the wife liking is great, mine thinks it was the best purchase I made. :bigthumb: You have the same color and model truck in the back ground as mine. What year Tundra is that. Mine is a 2014.

Reactions: Levi and jhays
#16 ·
:congrats::greentractorride::bigthumb::bigthumb:

Reactions: Levi and jhays
#17 ·
:bigthumb: Congrats on the new tractor. Time to accessorize, the little ones tractor has a jump on you with the toothbar and wagon! :laugh:

#18 ·
Looks like your new tractor already found itself a little buddy. lol

Well at least you didn't run out of fuel on the way home.
Some dealerships aren't smart enough to have a skid tank on the property to fuel up whatever you're selling. One place I worked for would send the clean up guy for gas almost daily. He would load 6-5 gallon cans without lids into the back of the shop truck. Whatever was left in the cans when he got back was dumped into a gas buddy with a funnel. Maybe 4 of the 5 gallons purchased actually made it into a bike.

#21 ·
Congratulations:bigthumb: What can I say. Nothing your photos said it all....:cheers:

#22 ·
:congrats::greentractorride:

Enjoy, you will find working on those brush piles and fallen trees such easier on the back.

#27 ·
Brush piles

What's the best way to work with brush? I've seen videos on using the FEL for the trunk, cut to size, roll in, level with splitter, roll out and split....very very nice.

But as for the brush??? Just throw a chain around a bunch of it and drag it? Welcome to any tips and tricks as brush is the worst! I am also one of these people who cuts up for kindling anything about 1.5" and up within reason.

Reactions: Levi
#23 ·
:congrats: and really like the "mini me" toy . :kidw_truck_smiley:

#24 ·
Great looking tractor and setup you have there. Be careful if the wife gets to liking it too much, you might find yourself riding the little one:laugh:

I don't like scratches when it is new but don't do what I did. Less than 50 hours and the left rear tire grabbed a loose root and it cracked the fiberglass fender in two places. The wife was standing there when it happened and she did not say anything, she knew from the look on my face that I was fussing at myself enough:lol:

#26 ·
Thanks

Thanks for all the comments. Looking forward to breaking out the box blade soon and fixing the driveway. Need to order about 7500sq ft of gravel for it to spread on the top.

Then I have a couple low spots around my pond that are wet, any suggestions on type of dirt to build it up, dry it out? Clay?

I want to build a cart for the backhoe ASAP so I can push it around the garage much easier. I see a few people have them, very nice.

As for the scratches (as well as a little rust), I'm not so much worried about the scratches...I just want to be the one to put the scratches on it MYSELF. haha. I still think they should have been fixed at the dealer prior to bringing it home, as well as a full tank of fuel and a wash....I mean they had it a week to put the 60" deck on it, I assumed they kept it that long to clean it up, etc. Another thing that's small but kinda irked me, my dad bought a small mower from the same dealer and got a couple free hats. Was expecting to get myself and my boy one out of the deal considering my tractor cost 5x what my dad paid...ended up just buying them myself :unknown:

Either way I'm really happy with the tractor and can't wait to get some more seat time!

#28 ·
Check your paperwork, you should have something where you send it in and they will send you an "owners edition" hat. As for the brush, get a tooth bar. Helps a lot. You can also wrap a chain or rope around them, hook it to the tractor and pull. I use a chain and the Kenny's Bolt on Hooks myself for vines. Most of the brush can be had with a tooth bar.

#31 ·
I only got 1/4 tank of fuel if even that much. But, I did get two keys . A black one for regular use and the high speed red on.

Reactions: Viper21
#29 ·
Just ask your salesman for some hats next time your there. Heck, I'd even ask him if he's gonna fill it up for you next time you bring it in. Never hurts to ask and lots of time these things get over looked or are an honest mistake

Brett

#30 ·
One question. Which one is yours and which is for the kids? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

just kidding. Enjoy and be safe.

Reactions: jhays
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.