Thread: Dewalt Power Tool Review Thread

1. Top | #1
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,898 Times in 2,874 Posts

Dewalt Power Tool Review Thread

I decided to start a thread on DeWalt Power Tools cause it's hard to find information sifting through a bazillion threads/posts.
    Maybe we need/could use other "XXXX Power Tool Review Threads" also.

Ordered this on Thursday, should have it Monday...

Click image for larger version.

Name:	Imageresizer.ashx.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	346746
    20V MAX* XR Brushless Compact Reciprocating Saw (Tool Only) - DCS367B | DEWALT

Anyone have experience with this little guy?
    In as much as I already bought it I'm only looking for good views.

BTW, Bubber got me to thinking about this with his new saw purchase.
    ralphtt, pcabe5, 56FordGuy and 9 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

RetiredDoc(04-15-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    I decided to start a thread on DeWalt Power Tools cause it's hard to find information sifting through a bazillion threads/posts.
    Maybe we need/could use other "XXXX Power Tool Review Threads" also.

Ordered this on Thursday, should have it Monday...

Name:	Imageresizer.ashx.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	346746
    20V MAX* XR Brushless Compact Reciprocating Saw (Tool Only) - DCS367B | DEWALT

Anyone have experience with this little guy?
    In as much as I already bought it I'm only looking for good views.

BTW, Bubber got me to thinking about this with his new saw purchase.

I have the reciprocating saw, but don't use it too much - maybe every few months, usually to finish a cut through 6x6s that I've started on all 4 sides with a circular saw. I actually bought it more for metal cuts, but...

After finally having my own real shop at home in my barn, I've collected quite a number of Dewalt cordless tools. I have to say that my absolute favorite to date is the deep cut band saw. The only down side is that its bulk prevents nice close cuts of bolt threads if anything is in the way. So I still have to resort to the arm-driven hacksaw alternative from time to time. Crap, now that I think about it, I wonder if my oscillating saw with a metal cutting blade would cut off those excess bolt lengths!

Name:	dewalt.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	346938

I may change my mind about my favorite Dewalt cordless tool, since the Dewalt cordless grease gun is coming from Amazon this afternoon, along with a Lock-n-Lube coupler.

Name:	dewalt2.jpg
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	346946Click image for larger version.

Name:	dewalt3.jpg
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	346954
    Last edited by RetiredDoc; 04-15-2017 at 11:54 PM.
    Gizmo2, Bubber, rtgt and 8 others like this.

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    West of Carlisle PA, At the base of the Mountains
    Thanks
    Let me know how you like that Grease gun. It's on my list.

I've had no problems with my desalt stuff. It I also buy the higher end XR brushless series.
    My builder has the whole set. His were beat to death and kept working perfectly.

I told him that it's not really fair. I give him all that money to build my house then he takes all his tools with him.

So far I only have the driver and drill. They are indispensable.

Even though good tools are more expensive up front in the long run they are cheaper.

And if anyone is from the south Central PA area I highly recommend Lantz Hardware in Newburg as the place to get this stuff. Prices are decent but customer service is awesome.
    1998 955, 70A Loader, 54 Blade, 72 Deck
    1995 F525
    1957 Farmall Cub - Technically belongs to my son.

If it ain't broke, You're not trying. - Red Green

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    I have pretty much all DeWalt tools, with the exception of corded when needed. All mine are of the 18V variety. No complaints.
    Gizmo2, rtgt, OxPath and 6 others like this.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    I find that having two drills has gone quickly from a luxury to a absolutely-must-have. I do a lot of horse jump building as a hobby, and having two drills makes assembly much smoother. One to drill the pilot hole, and the other to insert the screw.

I almost can't recall the last time I used a hammer and nail.

The post-woman just arrived with the grease gun, so I'm off to the barn to get dirty.

With the grease gun.
    Last edited by RetiredDoc; 04-15-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    Gizmo2, ralphtt, 56FordGuy and 9 others like this.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:05 PM
    Thanks
    I've been a DeWalt fan, for years. I know that there are other good products on the market, but DeWalt is everywhere. It is easy to find batteries, accessories, etc.
    Two things that I REALLY like about DeWalt- they cover more ground than all other manufacturers, combined. They make tools for uses that others don't. If you have a need, it is most likely that DeWalt has a tool for it.
    Second- I was a tile installer for many years. I've owned quite a few different styles and brands of wet saws, and my absolute favorite was, and still is, DeWalt. The wet saw that they developed weighed less, is better thought out, and does more, than any other in its class. I bought an early one, and it had bearing issues. But, it's still running, and I'd buy another in a heartbeat.
    Which goes to my first point- DeWalt meets more needs than any other manufacturer.
    Bubber, rtgt, OxPath and 3 others like this.
    Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ..."

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Can't really say anything bad about DeWalt Power Tools, yet. I sort of like 'em...

Name:	Dewalt Power Tools 1.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	702.9 KB
ID:	347034

One of my favorites ↓↓

Name:	Dewalt Power Tools 2.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	665.2 KB
ID:	347042 X2
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    I have the reciprocating saw, but don't use it too much - maybe every few months, usually to finish a cut through 6x6s that I've started on all 4 sides with a circular saw. I actually bought it more for metal cuts, but...
    I'm buying the saw along with this Click image for larger version.

Name:	51fye-ipPML._SL1000_.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	347058 to cut smaller branches off larger branches that won't fit into our chipper because of the smaller branches.
    Last edited by Gizmo2; 04-15-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    Keith

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:32 PM
    Thanks
    I have all 18V cordless tools form dewalt. I used to have 18V black and Decker, but the batteries would only hold a charge under load for about 2 minutes. The switch was inevitable, and I have no complaints about the tools.

The batteries are a different story. every once and a while one will go bad. The older ones (the big bulky black and yellow ones) are more prone to this than new ones (small 100% black batteries). I did have an issue with terminal corrosion a couple weeks ago. I had to remove the top covers and sand the terminals to get it off. Not a huge deal but still aggravating.
    Gizmo2, rtgt, OxPath and 4 others like this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Thanks
    I've got several different brands of cordless tools, get suckered in when looking for something that only one brand seems to have at the time, then after I buy, everyone has it.

I've got Ryobis, mainly because of a chainsaw and stapler, then Black & Decker because of a blower and polesaw, and DeWalt because of impact and greasegun. And of course have drills and other tools in all of them due to package deals. Sometimes it's cheaper to buy a package with tools and batteries than just the batteries alone, especially around Christmas.

But I've decided now to start concentrating on just DeWalt. 'Course I started with their 18v stuff, now their new stuff is 20v. I recently bought a converter and some 20v batteries, allowing the use of a 20v battery in an 18v tool, seems OK so far. The first I've ever seen to do that which makes me like them more. So from now on any new tools I might buy will be 20v.

I didn't know CPO was on Ebay but ran across this recently and since I now have some 20v DeWalt batteries I ordered one. It looks brand new but haven't used it yet. Can't find it online now but this was it.

Name:	trimmer.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	347082

Something I really want is a cordless ratchet, been hoping that DeWalt would come out with one. Milwaukee is the only brand I ever see that has one. But I am not starting another collection because of one tool again. (maybe)
    Gizmo2, pcabe5, rtgt and 3 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast