Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Cordless Leaf Blower?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-20-2019 @ 04:33 PM
    Thanks

Arrow Cordless Leaf Blower?

I'm looking for a battery operated leaf blower to blow the dust, grass and other debris off my new X590 lawn tractor and my good old 1995 1070. I probably wouldn't be using it for much else. Maybe a bit of driveway cleanup after mowing. No heavy duty leaf moving. I'd like to stay around $200 or less. Any suggestions?
    balrog006 and Robnik like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 02:34 PM
    Thanks
    Dewalt makes one for the 20 volt system that I believe is the best around.
    raco232 likes this.
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robnik For This Useful Post:

tguil (08-03-2017)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tguil View Post
    I'm looking for a battery operated leaf blower to blow the dust, grass and other debris off my new X590 lawn tractor and my good old 1995 1070. I probably wouldn't be using it for much else. Maybe a bit of driveway cleanup after mowing. No heavy duty leaf moving. I'd like to stay around $200 or less. Any suggestions?
    Do you already have any cordless tools, or will the leaf blower be your first?

Black and Decker 20V is very light weight, and does for me everything you say you want. You can find it for less than $60 including battery and charger. I have 2 of them, one for garage and one for my barn, both blowers for at least 10 years with no problems.

When I started to switch from Black and Decker to Dewalt cordless tools 2 years ago, I bought their 20V 5Ah leaf blower. In my opinion, it's not worth the added $100+ cost over the B&D considering your planned limited use of it. It's a decent leaf blower, just to much money for blowing off the tractor and a patch of driveway.

But, if this will be your entry into Dewalt cordless, and you anticipate adding drills, impact wrench, saws, etc. later, you might as well get your first Dewalt battery and charger now.
    Robnik likes this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredDoc For This Useful Post:

tguil (08-04-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 09:06 AM
    Thanks
    Why not try a $25 blower,, for machine cleanup,, it will be perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/Greenworks-24...ds=leaf+blower

If you really need more, the $25 education will be cheap.
    DO NOT spend $200 on the first one,,

I have had the corded blower for over 2 decades,,
    Only recently, I decided I wanted a more powerful one,,
    I now, also, have a $500 Stihl backpack blower.

After cleaning our deck one time,, I was convinced I waited too long to get the Stihl.
    Superglidesport and Robnik like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 10:07 AM
    Thanks

Handheld blower

Battery power tools are getting better all the time. I gave up on corded leaf blowers. I have 2 Stihl gas powered blowers that are incredibly reliable. I have battery powered drills, saws, lights, impact drivers, hedge trimmer, and lights. My blower needs at the farm are for long drives, extensive parking areas. I have one for the main house, garage, drive, patio. The other is for the long drive, barn, driveways and parking areas there. The Stihl blowers are light enough to do the job, and they are strong enough, too. The battery powered ones were about the same weight, but I wasn't convinced they'd last. Im tired of all the receptacles needed to keep all the tools charged. Battery technology is improving, but not up to my standards for longevity and power vs weight. Handheld Stihl blowers are superior, in my opinion - especially for my use. At another home I have a Stihl backpack blower/mosquito fogger. Because I need the fogger, it's great, but as a blower it's too cumbersome for the farm. YMMV
    H-D dealer dude and Robnik like this.
    2016 1025R FILB with Flames, iMatch, 647 tiller, 2048 heavy box blade, LP20840 Sprayer, SS1036B spreader, Fit Rite Top 'n Tilt, 54" MMM & BM 0827 mulch kit, Mower Deck Axles & Wheels, Loyal 4x4 drag harrow, Ken's Bolt-On Grab Hooks, BXpanded BH dolly & Piranha tooth bar, Heavy Hitch ripper with 8" & 12" plows, Suitcase Weight & Receiver Hitch, Front Weight Bracket, 8 x 42# weights, Artillian 36" forks with backrest & hitch receiver, hood & side panel sound insulation. And a Smile!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minuteman17 For This Useful Post:

Ralph (08-05-2017), tguil (08-04-2017)

11. Top | #6

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 07:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robnik View Post
    Dewalt makes one for the 20 volt system that I believe is the best around.
    My daughter has this one. Works great and she loves it. Plus she has other tools in this line. Length of use is her biggest complaint. However she loves not having to deal with gas.

My girlfriend just bought a Stihl BGE71 blower. However it runs on 110AC vs a battery. It replaced a B&D POS that had a problem. She absolutely loves it. Blower also has 2 speeds witch is nice. She's another one that doesn't want to deal with gas. Plus for her the gas ones are too heavy and hard to start.

I have a Stihl SH86C-E handheld blower/Vac. This is a 2 stroke unit. The battery tools just don't have the power or run long enough for what I need. I also have back problems so the backpack models are out of the question. This tool also uses the easy to start technology. Before it I had a small Weed Eater 2 stroke handheld blower. The thing was so cheep it didn't even have a throttle. Just a choke/run lever. Let me tell you that thing was like pull starting a Mack truck. The pull rope was what finally did it in. It got to the point where the rope wouldn't retract any more. Took it apart to try and fix it. Ended up using my arm to clean my work bench off and into a trash bag. lol
    Also use the Stihl to blow my tractor off after every use.
    Last edited by H-D dealer dude; 08-04-2017 at 05:12 AM.
    OxPath and Robnik like this.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to H-D dealer dude For This Useful Post:

tguil (08-04-2017)

13. Top | #7
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,151 Times in 3,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tguil View Post
    Check out these two threads. I think someone has talked about them.
    When funds are available I will be getting the Dewalt

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ew-thread.html

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ew-thread.html
    Last edited by Gizmo2; 08-04-2017 at 07:08 AM.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

tguil (08-04-2017)

15. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,176 Times in 2,607 Posts
    I have the DeWalt one and am VERY happy with it, we use it all the time to blow the deck off and garage out. My neighbor has the Milwaukee version that's identical except for the color and battery configuration.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

16. Top | #9
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    Hiya,

I have a Ridgid vacuum that the power head is detachable and functions as a hand held blower. It's only drawback is that it's AC powered so I don't know if it will meet your needs however. I find it worked great blowing off my 2520 after mowing.

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/12-gal-...achable-blower
    OxPath likes this.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

17. Top | #10

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 07:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd999 View Post
    Hiya,

I have a Ridgid vacuum that the power head is detachable and functions as a hand held blower. It's only drawback is that it's AC powered so I don't know if it will meet your needs however. I find it worked great blowing off my 2520 after mowing.

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/12-gal-...achable-blower
    Years ago I had a Dirt Devil shop vac that did the same thing. It did work pretty good as a blower. However it was not up to moving yard debris. Plus if I killed it doing blower work I'd be out a vacuum.
    It probably would work good for blowing off a tractor.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast