Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: grease gun ?????

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-16-2018 @ 11:47 PM
    Thanks

grease gun ?????

what brand grease gun is the best that wont leak grease everywhere im looking for one with the pistol grip pump and where to buy . would like a electric one just cant justify the price vs how many times it gets used it would sit most of the time so a hand pump one is what im looking at. thinking of getting the locknlube fitting on it the only thing i grease is the 1025r
    Robnik likes this.
    2014 john Deere 1025r h120 ballast box 54d auto connect belly mower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,143 Times in 2,585 Posts
    The JD branded one is very good in my opinion, not sure who makes it for them.
    WifeSaidOK and Robnik like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Alemite 550 hand operated, dual position lever controls volume/pressure. I've used this type for many years.

I think the model number may have been changed to a 555E.

Alemite Professional Series Grease Guns are designed to consistently deliver excellent performance, and are known for their reliability and durability. Available in standard and high volume models.

Michael

2019 JD Z540R, 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750 Tractor
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw, ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other useless stuff.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:45 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flyweight View Post
    Alemite 550 hand operated, dual position lever controls volume/pressure. I've used this type for many years.

Alemite Professional Series Grease Guns are designed to consistently deliver excellent performance, and are known for their reliability and durability. Available in standard and high volume models.

i have a Lincoln model like that, also the JD model, both seem to work ok. here the Lincoln models was the king of all grease guns for the coal companies,, at least they was way better than the others we were told to try back then. the other's wouldn't suck all the grease out of the tube, and got air in them way to easy. back in the 80's several of them cheap models got :accidentally) ran over by my dozer-till we got the lincoln models back inside our cabs to use.

also have the Milwaukee model Mfuel model-but i waited all my life to have it-it is unbelievable the best i ever spent, along with the lock and lube. worth every penny if ya can afford it.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:19 PM
    Thanks
    I have the Lincoln models both air powered and standard. Last month I got the Milwaukee m18 and man do I love it. Last weekend I greased both tractors, FEL not even on the tractor, grapple not on tractor, trailer axels on my two trailers everything I had with a zerk. Why did I wait.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 07:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I picked up one of these to replace my old Blue Point that seen better days. Works great. Don't know if they have other models but mine has a green tube, rubber hose and one hand operation. Think it cost about $30.
    BigJim55, WifeSaidOK and Robnik like this.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:34 PM
    Thanks
    I bought one of these at TSC several years ago. I know the one review is poor but I actually like it. I have several grease guns of various styles: air, battery, two hand and one hand and I usually always use this one. The one that I like least is the Lincoln battery model because ever since new, the battery just does't stay charged. Everything you want to use it you have to charge the battery first.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...n?cm_vc=-10005
    BigJim55 and Robnik like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    Hiya,

Among several others I have a Milton adjustable flow/pressure hand type. I like it as by flipping the lever position, it can fill a spindle easily or flip it to high pressure, then force grease into a plugged fitting or clogged passage. I'm not sure where it's made but it seems high quality.

Pistol Grease Gun - Grease Guns - Grease Guns | Miltonindustries.com
    Robnik likes this.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I'll second the JD branded one. I initially only bought it because it was on sale and I needed a second grease gun but I was pleasantly surprised on how well it works. Like some others, it has a two-position lever on the pump handle that allows you to select high volume or high pressure.
    BigJim55 and Robnik like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:50 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 997 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flyweight View Post

Same here. I purchased this same Alemite 555E when I wanted a one-handed grease gun for tight spots and to free up my other hand when necessary. It also has the flip lever to switch between high-flow or high-pressure up to 7500 PSI for difficult fittings.

Features, advantages and benefits are listed below:

• Develops up to 7,500 psi pressure
    • Simple, quick priming – heavy duty follower spring to maintain prime
    • Exclusive dual leverage feature – volume or pressure mode
    • Ergonomic, rugged cast handle
    • Universal follower for cartridge and bulk use
    • Reliable, long lasting coupler
    • Bleeder valve
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket