• 1 Post By wildfox
  • 1 Post By wildfox

Thread: Craftsman Dirt/Mist Eliminator?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 05:31 AM
    Thanks

Craftsman Dirt/Mist Eliminator?

I am seeking some help/advice to the repair a Craftsman Dirt/Mist eliminator. Model #282-160091.
    I am helping a family member in the repair of his air compressor filter. He has made an attempt to do a repair himself after going to Sears to be told this filter is no longer supported. I was not able to see the the original parts, before his attempted repair which failed.
    Anyway, if this was mine, I would replace the whole filter. His cash flow is minimal, hence my volunteerism.
    So, moving on, I am looking for the black plastic fitting that enters thru the bottom hole in the base of the poly carbonate filter bowl. Or a work around using other parts to seal the base of the bowl, which also has to incorporate the original petcock.
    I will call the black plastic fitting a "bulkhead fitting" with a bulkhead nut. Also probably requires a gasket or two making the bulkhead fitting airtight. I will include some pics of filter and some of the related parts.

If anyone knows of a supplier for this type of "bulkhead fitting" and associated gasket and nut, It would be appreciated.
    Regards

P.S.
    The stainless steel bolt that is inserted thru the bulkhead fitting is not a original part. I failed to remove the bolt before the picture as taken. The petcock needs to be inserted from the bottom up, into the bulkhead fitting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171024_174137.jpg   20171024_174030.jpg   20171025_153443.jpg   20171025_153600.jpg   20171025_153643.jpg  

20171025_153810.jpg  
    Old Cajun likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 05:31 AM
    Thanks
    Today, I discarded the black plastic bulkhead fitting. Went to HD to look for something that would work for this installation of a bulkhead type of fitting. After showing and telling the clerk what I was looking for, he offered, he could not help because I was altering something from the original manufacture of the filter. I then drove to a nearby company that sells pneumatic hose's and fittings. He set me up with the new parts. Installed them this afternoon. Turned on air compressor, left it build up pressure.
    WAHOO, no leaks. Brought it back to life.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171026_135417.jpg  
    Old Cajun likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 1,013 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    Today, I discarded the black plastic bulkhead fitting. Went to HD to look for something that would work for this installation of a bulkhead type of fitting. After showing and telling the clerk what I was looking for, he offered, he could not help because I was altering something from the original manufacture of the filter. I then drove to a nearby company that sells pneumatic hose's and fittings. He set me up with the new parts. Installed them this afternoon. Turned on air compressor, left it build up pressure.
    WAHOO, no leaks. Brought it back to life.
    Good to know I have one of these old suckers probably 40 years old and still OK.
    Does a reasonable job of removing moisture, made a stand for it so I can bring it as close to air tool/sprayer as possible rather
    than just hook it to compressor output.
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements