Will Lowes offer lifetime warranty on Craftsman tools?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree255Likes

Thread: Will Lowes offer lifetime warranty on Craftsman tools?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks

Will Lowes offer lifetime warranty on Craftsman tools?

I saw yesterday that Lowes is to become a seller of Craftsman tools. But I could find no info about whether the Craftsman lifetime warranty (no receipt or proof of purchase needed) would be honored by Lowes. Anyone know?
    Levi, OxPath, jdmich and 2 others like this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Did a tiny bit of digging: https://www.dealnews.com/features/Wh...r/1892420.html
    I'd take a "wait and see" approach for a while for C'man. It won't affect me any longer, I won't buy ANY C'man tools after watching the quality go down... DeWalt's the only power tool for me now (It's YELLOW and I can find them easy where I'm working!).
    Levi, OxPath, BigJim55 and 9 others like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Thanks
    I doubt that Stanley (Crapsman's new owner) will be doing the lifetime warranty anymore; but I'm guessing.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,036 Times in 644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    I saw yesterday that Lowes is to become a seller of Craftsman tools. But I could find no info about whether the Craftsman lifetime warranty (no receipt or proof of purchase needed) would be honored by Lowes. Anyone know?
    I haven't seen anything official from Lowe's or Craftsman. But, as you stated, hand tool warranty exchanges do not require a receipt and I don't foresee that Lowe's will have any choice but to honor warranty on current Craftsman tools purchased from Lowe's or elsewhere. Non-current production tools might be a challenge to return, but I like to think that Lowe's will place value on a customer making a warranty exchange of a non-current tool in a Lowe's store. I'm probably not going to walk out with only the wrench I received under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    I doubt that Stanley (Crapsman's new owner) will be doing the lifetime warranty anymore; but I'm guessing.
    From the Craftsman site: June 22, 2017 - We understand the Craftsman warranties are important to existing customers and intend to honor existing and offer similar warranties going forward.
    mjncad, DRobinson, Tomfive and 6 others like this.
    - Phil -
    *Spinner Free* LT160 Garden Tractor
    *Spinner Free* 3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    *Spinner Free* John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - Edge Tamers

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OxPath For This Useful Post:

130Oxbow (10-28-2017), mjncad (10-27-2017), PJR832 (10-26-2017)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 04:50 AM
    Thanks
    DeWalt is a Stanley line and Ive used them exclusively for 20 years. I wouldnt be surprised if they discontinued the small power tool line since they were never that great anyway and Stanley Corp. already has several lines at different quality tiers and price points. I knew the clock was ticking on Craftsman when i saw them in Kmart.

Lowes is a solid company and if they treat Crsftsman the way they treat our millitary families, they will definitely do the right thing by customers.

~Brian~

1998 425/54 Deck/650 hours | 1998 455/60 Deck/54 Blade/1300 hours | 2003 GX345 48 Deck/47 Blade/Electric Pivot/900 hours (sold)

Yes I have an addiction and no I don't want help

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OxPath View Post
    I haven't seen anything official from Lowe's or Craftsman. But, as you stated, hand tool warranty exchanges do not require a receipt and I don't foresee that Lowe's will have any choice but to honor warranty on current Craftsman tools purchased from Lowe's or elsewhere. Non-current production tools might be a challenge to return, but I like to think that Lowe's will place value on a customer making a warranty exchange of a non-current tool in a Lowe's store. I'm probably not going to walk out with only the wrench I received under warranty.

From the Craftsman site: June 22, 2017 - We understand the Craftsman warranties are important to existing customers and intend to honor existing and offer similar warranties going forward.
    From the above link:
    WARRANTY SERVICE

To obtain the warranty coverage stated below, return the product to the retailer from which it was purchased. Coverage will be fulfilled according to the retailer warranty exchange procedure and may be subject to a limitation on the number of items allowed per exchange.
    Last edited by JD-4100; 10-26-2017 at 06:16 AM.
    mjncad, HydroHarold, Levi and 5 others like this.
    Will

JD 4100 HST, MFWD; JD 410 w/61" bucket, Ken's BoltOn hooks & shackles; Titan ballast box; modified quick hitch; 6' landscape rake & wheel kit; TS subsoiler; Woods Mowin'Machine; 61" mower deck, vac & hopper.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Wonder why Lowes would sell chraftsman when they already have Kobalt tools in the store? Never seen Kobalt tools for sale at any other store.

One of the biggest reasons I started buying Snap On, Cornwell & Matco tools is they come to me. The times I spent not working in a serviced shop did make tracking a dealer down more of a problem. Luckily the stuff is hard to break. lol
    However having a weekly tool truck visit makes spending extra money to easy. Otherwise you have to need it before setting out to the store.

Have had so many bad experiences with craftsman products that I avoid them like the plague. Not only my junk but stuff owned by others. Especially equipment that usually needed fixing. Like mowers, chain saws and string trimmers.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D dealer dude View Post
    Wonder why Lowes would sell chraftsman when they already have Kobalt tools in the store? Never seen Kobalt tools for sale at any other store.
    There is a looong, sordid history with Lowe's and Sears on all of this.

Back 12-13 years ago (when I was working for Lowe's), Lowe's was trying to buy the Craftsman brand from Sears. Lowe's wanted to buy Craftsman outright but Sears wanted to do a long-term licensing deal like Rigid and Ryobi had done with Home Depot.

When that fell apart, Sears did a much smaller licensing deal with ACE Hardware and Lowe's went out and created the Kobalt brand and designed their own line of tools under that Kobalt name to compete directly with the Craftsman line of tools. That's why you don't see Kobalt tools sold anywhere else - Lowe's owns the brand.

Behind the scenes, this is the big difference between Home Depot and Lowe's.

Home Depot owns a couple of the brands you see on their shelves. They own the "Glacier Bay" brand of plumbing fixtures and the "Hampton Bay" brand of ceiling fans and light fixtures.

Lowe's owns most of the brands they sell. The Kobalt, Allen+Roth, Blue Hawk, Style Selections, Project Source, Harbor Breeze, Portfolio, AquaSource, Reliabilt, Garden Treasures, Top Choice, EverTrue, Utilitech, Idylis, Lowe’s Garden Club Select, Gatehouse, Sta-Green, Holiday Living, Task Force and Master Forge brands are all owned by Lowe's.

(Little known factoid: The "Allen+Roth" brand covers things like window blinds, flooring, curtains, etc.. that Lowe's sells. "Allen" and "Roth" are the names of the 2 children of the VP of Marketing at Lowe's at the time that brand came into existence.)

I don't think Lowe's is bringing in the Craftsman brand for tools per se. For example, Lowe's currently sells Chamberlin brand garage door openers. Chamberlin also makes the LiftMaster and Craftsman branded door openers. But Stanley makes their own garage door openers too. So I expect that Stanley will start re-branding their own as the Craftsman brand and Lowe's will drop Chamberlin and LiftMaster and sell the Craftsman lineup in the future.

The same sort of thing will happen with things like Shop vacs. Lowe's currently sells the ShopVac and Kobalt brands. ShopVac makes most of the Craftsman brand shop vacs but again, Stanley has their line of them too. So Stanley will re-brand their's as Craftsman and Lowe's will start carrying those and drop the ShopVac brand.

I think the biggest change with all of this that people will see right off is that Lowe's will stop selling all the Irwin brand products and replace them with Craftsman branded equivalents. That's mostly things like drill bits, measuring tools, clamps, pliers, etc..

Eventually, everything sold in any Lowe's store will be their own private brand or a brand owned by Stanley.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (03-30-2018), Bubber (10-26-2017), etcallhome (10-26-2017), Fozsey (10-26-2017), HydroHarold (10-27-2017), johnH123 (10-27-2017), Levi (10-28-2017), mark02tj (10-28-2017), mjncad (10-27-2017), Neb (10-26-2017)

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    12-12-2018 @ 03:10 PM
    Thanks
    Just to add more confusion to the Craftsman tool saga.

The Craftsman brand was sold to Stanley Tools a number of months back. Stanley indicated in their press release many months ago that they were going to start bringing Craftsman tool production back to the USA. So we might actually end up having made-in-the-USA Craftsman tools again.

However, Sears kept a exclusive right to continue selling Craftsman tools, but not the Craftsman tools made and sold by Stanley. The Sears sold Craftsman tools would continue being made and sold exclusively by Sears and would more than likely continue to be made in China, where Sears has outsourced all tool production (except screwdrivers for some reason, so far) a few years ago.

So soon you will have Sears/Craftsman or Stanley/Craftsman tools.

The above was verified by a family friend who owns a Sears store and was informed of this at a dealers meeting with Sears corporate.
    mjncad, DRobinson, Tomfive and 7 others like this.
    2017 4044R Open Station, eHydro, iMatch, H180 MSL loader & R4's.
    Power Beyond (BLV10969), 3rd EH SCV (BLV10764),
    John Deere 485A Backhoe with HD 18" Bucket & mechanical thumb,
    Frontier AP12F 48" Pallet Forks, BB2072 Box Blade, RC2072 Rotary Cutter,
    PHD200 Post Hole Digger w/12" Auger, Titan Ballast Box, FIMCO 3pt Sprayer

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stevepsd For This Useful Post:

Levi (10-28-2017), mark02tj (10-28-2017), mjncad (10-27-2017)

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,623 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevepsd View Post
    Just to add more confusion to the Craftsman tool saga.

The Craftsman brand was sold to Stanley Tools a number of months back. Stanley indicated in their press release many months ago that they were going to start bringing Craftsman tool production back to the USA. So we might actually end up having made-in-the-USA Craftsman tools again.

However, Sears kept a exclusive right to continue selling Craftsman tools, but not the Craftsman tools made and sold by Stanley. The Sears sold Craftsman tools would continue being made and sold exclusively by Sears and would more than likely continue to be made in China, where Sears has outsourced all tool production (except screwdrivers for some reason, so far) a few years ago.

So soon you will have Sears/Craftsman or Stanley/Craftsman tools.

The above was verified by a family friend who owns a Sears store and was informed of this at a dealers meeting with Sears corporate.
    Guessing this is the reason I was given a Stanley 30' tape measure for the Craftsman I took in to Sears a couple of years ago to be replaced being defective.
    mjncad, Levi, OxPath and 1 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast