• 1 Post By Tomfive
  • 5 Post By Kennyd

Thread: EGO Cordless Power Equipment - Specifically a Cordless Blower

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks

EGO Cordless Power Equipment - Specifically a Cordless Blower

A good friend of mine recently showed me his EGO cordless lawn mower. I never heard much of the brand, but he really liked what it does. He owns about 50 acres and has an old Ford 8(?) with a brushhog, but wants to use a small mower around his house. BTW, he's in his mid/late 70's or early 80's, so the relatively short mowing time is just right for him, and he doesn't have to pull a rope to start a gas mower. It's 56V Lithium Ion system and has a fast charger available. I just visited the website this morning and they have a lot of different gear using the same battery system, chainsaws, blowers, hedge trimmers, string trimmers, snowblower, etc. Interesting brand.

https://egopowerplus.com/

In any case, I've been looking for a cordless blower, mainly for snow removal off our cars, and to clear the driveway when there has been a light snowfall. I have been using my Stihl 600 backpack blower for the past few years, works well, except when I raise the nozzle up high to clear the car roofs. Seems the fuel pick-up starts sucking air when I tilt the backpack too much. And I have to start a gas engine, mix fuel, etc, etc. We have a short driveway, and a walk behind snowblower which comes out when needed, but for an inch or so of light snow, the snowblower is overkill. Blowing snow with a backpack has worked well for me, I am just considering lighter/easier. Here's what I have been looking at today:

https://egopowerplus.com/collections...575-cfm-blower

I watched a bunch of Youtube comparisons and it seemed to rate fairly good. I do like Stihl for gas powered stuff, not sure how their battery equipment fairs, but Stihl is expensive as everyone knows.

The only battery system I own so far is Milwaukee M18, and I'm not too impressed with their handheld blower as it is only 18 volts.

My search on GTT for EGO stuff only turned up a possible cordless chainsaw purchase by grnspot110, and he ended up buying an Oregon.
    http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-chainsaw.html

BTW a search on where EGO products are made resulted in:
    EGO is a global brand with offices throughout the world. EGO’s U.S. operations include locations in Michigan and Illinois, which are dedicated to research and development, testing, customer support and marketing of EGO products. The manufacturing of EGO products is currently done in China. which is probably true of a lot of "USA" companies... not entirely a bad thing

Just looking for opinions.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 253 Posts
    Howdy. There is a thread on here I started a month ago or something like that about cordless chainsaws and blowers got added to the mix. I have a worx cordless blower and I love it. Super light weight and has a low and high setting. I got it this summer when I bought the worx cordless weedwhacker. I am kind of looking forward to the first snowfall to see how good a job it does on the car and truck and the sidewalk.

My brother was over the other day and weedwhacker for me and he was super impressed by how long the battery lasted on the power the weedwhacker had. For the amount of driveway and sidewalks I have I have never used more than half of a battery on the blower.

Hope that helps
    Tomfive likes this.
    1025r with FILB, 60MMM, BH
    Frontier BB48
    County line 5ft rake
    Ken's seat springs
    BH steps
    My design cab step
    WR Long Flat toothbar
    Titan JDQA with 6ft plow

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks, I did a better search and found this thread:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ed-eaters.html

Had I found it earlier, I may not have started a new thread.
    wentonbrown likes this.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,135 Times in 2,578 Posts
    We have this little guy from Dewalt, I know the Milwaukee one is almost identical. Ours gets used almost daily for something, it's one of the handiest tools we own.

I know it's not what you asked about, but maybe if you already have a tool system that offers one it may be worth a try for you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dewalt-leaf-blowers-dce100b-64_300.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	479394
    Gizmo2, pcabe5, Tomfive and 2 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

pcabe5 (10-29-2017)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Thanks
    My ex-wife has a EGO mower and likes it. She lives in a typical plat (little less than 1/2 acre lot) and cuts the front on one charge and the back on another. Works well for her as she's not at all mechanically inclined. She'd never cut grass in her life (brothers or husbands always did it for her) so this was a new experience. I asked her about it a while back since she'd used it for most of a mowing season and she was still happy with it. I think she was going to get the blower and/or trimmer as well.

A couple of things I don't like about it is that it's all plastic. I understand that it's that way for the weight (hers is self propelled), but it does look a little chincy. The other thing is that I think it's sold exclusively through Home Depot, so you're relying on them to take care of any problems.

Before she bought it, I did some checking on line and it did seem to get good reviews.

I think the biggest thing to think about is how many charging systems do you want to keep plugged in out in the garage? If I already owned some DeWalt, Milwaukee, etc. cordless tools, I'd look at getting something that was compatible with what I owned. I already have a Snap-On charger for my impact wrench, a Craftsman charger for a drill set I've owned for 10+ years and a Rigid charger for a recip saw.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements