Honda. That's all you need to know.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Honda. That's all you need to know.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 11:09 PM
    Thanks

Honda. That's all you need to know.

I see all the trouble a lot of people go to in the effort to get good cordless tools, but I'm here to tell you that the best cordless system is anything with a Honda four stroke on it. I have a Ryobi power washer and a Husqvarna weedwhacker, both with Honda four strokes, and they are the best cordless systems you can get. Easy to start, quiet, no smoke, low maintenance, easy and fast to "re-charge". We just moved to a larger place where I won't be able to use all of the corded outdoor power tools I have, and I will replace them all with Hondas. And I'm a MOPAR guy.
    mjncad, glc, etcallhome and 6 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 1,285 Posts
    Most of the time yes, but Hondas can have their own problems. I've had good luck with my Honda generators but the GCV160 on my Honda push mower is really starting to wear me down. It started great the first year I had it but lately it just seems to get harder to start all the time. It is stored inside all the time and I use only Ethanol-free gasoline. I change the oil regularly and put a new plug in every year. Yet the thing still takes 20+ pulls to start.

Meanwhile, I know folks who have big box store push mowers with Chinese engines, let their mowers sit out in the rain and they still start 1-2 pulls.

Sometimes that Honda label just doesn't work. :-)
    etcallhome likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:00 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drynoc View Post
    ... I won't be able to use all of the corded outdoor power tools I have...
    You just need a small Honda portable generator.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2 and HydroHarold like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spferdil View Post
    You just need a small Honda portable generator.
    This actually works very well. I toss the small generator in my lawn trailer along with the tools and go to work. Last year I even used the ShopVac to clean some stones out of my yard from the winter plowing. Just threw the vacuum and generator in the trailer and off ya go. :-)
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    This actually works very well. I toss the small generator in my lawn trailer along with the tools and go to work. Last year I even used the ShopVac to clean some stones out of my yard from the winter plowing. Just threw the vacuum and generator in the trailer and off ya go. :-)
    Yep, I use mine with my electric pole saw and electric chain saw.
    etcallhome and HydroHarold like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

8. Top | #6
    glc
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks
    Most of the time yes, but Hondas can have their own problems. I've had good luck with my Honda generators but the GCV160 on my Honda push mower is really starting to wear me down. It started great the first year I had it but lately it just seems to get harder to start all the time. It is stored inside all the time and I use only Ethanol-free gasoline. I change the oil regularly and put a new plug in every year. Yet the thing still takes 20+ pulls to start.

Meanwhile, I know folks who have big box store push mowers with Chinese engines, let their mowers sit out in the rain and they still start 1-2 pulls.

Sometimes that Honda label just doesn't work. :-)
    I'm betting the auto choke is giving you problems. I read a lot about that when researching before buying my Honda push mower with the 190cc.
    etcallhome likes this.
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Thanks
    Even easier if you have one of these

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    I'm betting the auto choke is giving you problems. I read a lot about that when researching before buying my Honda push mower with the 190cc.
    This engine doesn't have auto choke. But I still believe the problem is choke related. Mine has the throttle assy where you move it all the way forward and it "snaps" into the choke position. I can see the choke lever on the carb moving forward when the throttle lever moves into the choke position. It has a silly plastic baffle on the air cleaner opening which makes it all but impossible to look in there and SEE if the choke plate is actually closing.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubber View Post
    I thought the company behind these went under. Lowes and a small local engine shop both used to carry these but they haven't had them in a year or more now. Last time I talked to the small engine shop owner he had only ever sold 1.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 PM
    Thanks
    My gas powered weed whackers, blowers etc are all collecting dust since I switched to battery power. No more messing with gas, oil, smoke, hearing protection, burns from the exhaust etc.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast