Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By RodW

Thread: My Favorite Tools, FYI

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Thanks

My Favorite Tools, FYI

I have a lot of stuff in my workshop, but these three tools have consistently made my life much easier:

- Fein Multimaster 250Q Oscillating Tool
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WEB-FEIN-MULTI-MASTER.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	577617

- Bosch PS41-2A 12V Max Impact Driver

Name:	bshnps41-2a.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	577625

- Grizzly G1317 - 37" Outfeed Roller System for Table Saws (HTC)

Name:	g1317-e2501bd4cc5ef263f65774cd967b2cfd.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	577633

And...
    Most exceptional customer service:

- Milwaukee Tools. A few years ago, I broke a brand new 6" Shockwave bit driving 4" screws. I called to see if Milwaukee would replace it, admitting that I knew there was no warranty. They quickly agreed to send a replacement as a one time gesture. A few days later, I received a box of six!
    Kennyd, BigJim55, mark02tj and 4 others like this.
    X350 (2016) and Accessories
    Assorted Stihl & Grizzly tools
    My wife says that's all I need for my measly 1/2 acre...

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    12-06-2019 @ 03:51 PM
    Thanks
    Nice bunch of tools... The Fein is a quality piece; the Bosch, too.

I like the looks of that roller outfeed table. I was going to build a table to just at the outfeed of my Unisaw, but that looks pretty convenient. I wonder if the bracket would mount high enough to clear my dust chute. Hmmm....investigation time.
    John

2015 JD 2025R Classic - 54D, 220R FEL, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box, Frontier AF10F Plow, Frontier AP11F 42" Pallet Forks
    Tag Alongs: JD #15 Cart, 48" Poly Lawn Roller, JD Dethatcher
    Chainsaws: Echo CS-330T, Husqvarna 562XP-AT, Dolmar 7300
    Snowblower: Simplicity P1728E

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM45 View Post
    Nice bunch of tools... The Fein is a quality piece; the Bosch, too.

I like the looks of that roller outfeed table. I was going to build a table to just at the outfeed of my Unisaw, but that looks pretty convenient. I wonder if the bracket would mount high enough to clear my dust chute. Hmmm....investigation time.
    Might be close. My Grizzly 1023SL dust chute is on the side. Including the mobile base, the distance from the floor to the top of the 4" dust port is 11", but that doesn't include any mounting flange. The bottom of the mounting bar for the outfeed table is also at 11". You might be able to get more details from Grizzly or HTC. If there is anything more I can evaluate here, let me know. Having a flip-up table really saves space.

Re: Fein Multimaster -- The best review I read when making my purchase eight years ago stated "Overpriced, and worth every penny." Luckily, there's a little more competition now!
    X350 (2016) and Accessories
    Assorted Stihl & Grizzly tools
    My wife says that's all I need for my measly 1/2 acre...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RodW For This Useful Post:

JohnM45 (03-26-2018)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    12-06-2019 @ 03:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RodW View Post
    Might be close. My Grizzly 1023SL dust chute is on the side. Including the mobile base, the distance from the floor to the top of the 4" dust port is 11", but that doesn't include any mounting flange. The bottom of the mounting bar for the outfeed table is also at 11". You might be able to get more details from Grizzly or HTC. If there is anything more I can evaluate here, let me know. Having a flip-up table really saves space.

Re: Fein Multimaster -- The best review I read when making my purchase eight years ago stated "Overpriced, and worth every penny." Luckily, there's a little more competition now!
    I'll have to measure the distance with my dust chute.

Nothing beats a quality hand tool. Especially if you use it all day or several hours on a project...they run smoother and as a result are less fatiguing. I'm kind of a fan of Festool...I have a Jigsaw and their T15 cordless drill.....yeah, overpriced on the drill, but wow...batteries are still great after 6 years now and the right-angle attachment? Holy crap....that thing has helped me quite a bit over the years. I would LOVE one of their Rotex sanders and dust collector..... someday........

Grizzly is on the other end of the spectrum, price-wise. I have their 8 inch Jointer and 15 inch planer...both are fantastic tools and were an incredible value about 8 years ago when I bought them.
    Last edited by JohnM45; 03-26-2018 at 11:13 PM.
    John

2015 JD 2025R Classic - 54D, 220R FEL, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box, Frontier AF10F Plow, Frontier AP11F 42" Pallet Forks
    Tag Alongs: JD #15 Cart, 48" Poly Lawn Roller, JD Dethatcher
    Chainsaws: Echo CS-330T, Husqvarna 562XP-AT, Dolmar 7300
    Snowblower: Simplicity P1728E

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements