• 1 Post By spferdil
  • 2 Post By MadOx

Thread: New Storage Cabinet

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Thanks

New Storage Cabinet

For roughly 30 years, I've had an old bathroom vanity in my shop to provide a space for my miter saw, my big vice, and a drill press at one time. It was originally in our bathroom at a previous home. When we remodeled, I put a new top on it and it served a new purpose. I came to the conclusion a few years ago that I no longer wanted to cut wood in the garage. Even with the vacuum running during cutting, there was still too much fine dust. So since the vanity was bolted to the wall, I had to unbolt the saw each time and set it up on a portable stand outside. This was getting tedious.

I've had my eye on this Husky storage cabinet for some time. With its big wheels, it could provide me with a saw base that could just be rolled outside when I needed it. So suddenly it is on sale for $100 off (sale price is $298), and my wife made it my Christmas present. I would have preferred red to go with my other Husky tool cabinet, but the red one is not on sale. She doesn't want to wrap it, so I guess I get to use it right away. The cabinet comes with a built in power strip (with USB chargers) and thick drawer liners already cut to the perfect size for every drawer. The locks on the locking wheels really work. The shipping is expensive (~220 lbs) if you order them on the internet. I just picked it up at the store for the base price plus tax.

I'm looking for a small band saw to fit in the empty space on the left.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018-11-25 17.20.40.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	658682
    Kennyd, fdmars, spferdil and 8 others like this.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keane View Post
    For roughly 30 years, I've had an old bathroom vanity in my shop to provide a space for my miter saw, my big vice, and a drill press at one time. It was originally in our bathroom at a previous home. When we remodeled, I put a new top on it and it served a new purpose. I came to the conclusion a few years ago that I no longer wanted to cut wood in the garage. Even with the vacuum running during cutting, there was still too much fine dust. So since the vanity was bolted to the wall, I had to unbolt the saw each time and set it up on a portable stand outside. This was getting tedious.

I've had my eye on this Husky storage cabinet for some time. With its big wheels, it could provide me with a saw base that could just be rolled outside when I needed it. So suddenly it is on sale for $100 off (sale price is $298), and my wife made it my Christmas present. I would have preferred red to go with my other Husky tool cabinet, but the red one is not on sale. She doesn't want to wrap it, so I guess I get to use it right away. The cabinet comes with a built in power strip (with USB chargers) and thick drawer liners already cut to the perfect size for every drawer. The locks on the locking wheels really work. The shipping is expensive (~220 lbs) if you order them on the internet. I just picked it up at the store for the base price plus tax.

I'm looking for a small band saw to fit in the empty space on the left.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	2018-11-25 17.20.40.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	658682
    Nice, I've been looking at those and am sorely tempted.
    keane likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    12-01-2019 @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    Nice! I bought one of those 3-4 years ago when they were on sale for $100 off. When I was checking out, I noticed a hole in the box. I said something to the clerk about going back to check for another unit and he offered me 10% off this unit. I agreed and purchased it for $179. When I unboxed it, I didn't find any damage. Mine doesn't have the power strip. These are nice cabinets.
    spferdil and keane like this.
    -> 2017 John Deere 1025R TLB
    -> Piranha Tooth Bar
    -> 4' County Line Tiller
    -> John Deere Ballast Box
    -> 5" County Line Scraper Blade
    -> County Line Carry-All
    -> County Line Boom Pole
    -> 36" Titan Forks
    -> Ken's Hooks
    -> HF Quick Hitch

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Thanks
    Check out the Home Depot Black Friday / Cyber Monday specials. You'll find it on there.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-46...B13M/304959851
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements