Home Depot running Milwaukee Quik-Lok trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer promotion - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 103
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Home Depot running Milwaukee Quik-Lok trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer promotion

  1. Top | #61
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:54 AM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,500
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Iím thinking of the hedge trimmer as maybe a mock cycle bar - like the guys with the Stihl Kombi units have. Maybe it would work - maybe not. Would have to see one in person to be able to tell.
    I am pleased to report that it works perfectly for that purpose. I have about 100 feet of steep bank edge that I mow with the hedge trimmer attachment. I used to use my B&D pole hedge trimmer and while it worked okay for weeds it didn't do too well on the tall grass. The Milwaukee unit works on weeds and grass. With the articulating head I can adjust the angle so it skims the ground.

    Be aware that the hedge trimmer attachment is a bit on the heavy side. It is probably the heaviest of the Quik-Lok attachments. But.. I just go slow and take a few breaks as there is nothing else that will allow me to reach these weeds.

    I have some weeds on the top of a steep ridge along my driveway that have never been trimmed because nothing can reach them and the bank is too steep to stand on. I'm waiting for the pole extension to become available as that will allow me to get right in there and cut them down.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #62
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    19,502
    Thanks
    1,049
    Thanked 3,027 Times in 2,194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I am pleased to report that it works perfectly for that purpose. I have about 100 feet of steep bank edge that I mow with the hedge trimmer attachment. I used to use my B&D pole hedge trimmer and while it worked okay for weeds it didn't do too well on the tall grass. The Milwaukee unit works on weeds and grass. With the articulating head I can adjust the angle so it skims the ground.

    Be aware that the hedge trimmer attachment is a bit on the heavy side. It is probably the heaviest of the Quik-Lok attachments. But.. I just go slow and take a few breaks as there is nothing else that will allow me to reach these weeds.

    I have some weeds on the top of a steep ridge along my driveway that have never been trimmed because nothing can reach them and the bank is too steep to stand on. I'm waiting for the pole extension to become available as that will allow me to get right in there and cut them down.
    Thatís awesome - thanks!

    I have a couple areas in mind - mostly the bank along the road upstream of my driveway. I can only get one pass with my tractor but need more for better sight distance but it is way steep. Sounds like just the ticket.

    I am hoping that I can rig one of my straps to it which will help carry the weight.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  4. Top | #63
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:54 AM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,500
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Thatís awesome - thanks!

    I have a couple areas in mind - mostly the bank along the road upstream of my driveway. I can only get one pass with my tractor but need more for better sight distance but it is way steep. Sounds like just the ticket.

    I am hoping that I can rig one of my straps to it which will help carry the weight.
    The hedge trimmer attachment includes the Milwaukee shoulder strap. I wasnít aware of that and was surprised when I found the strap in the box.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #64
    timzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Online
    08-23-2019 @ 08:36 PM
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Spent about 3 hours using pole saw this week

    In the expected way (actually limbing trees) and as long chainsaw. Removed about a dozen box woods that were 6-8’ across. I was able to kneel down and cut them as a whole rather than trim or fight thru to get to the trunk with a regular saw. Also made it much easier to drag to the curb.

    Second job was limbing a pear tree so it wouldn’t hang or damage other trees when felling. I sure could have used the extension for this. I did some cuts from a ladder and a few others after climbing into the tree. It easily cut 3-6” trunk limbs. I did most of this on low speed. I switched to high only because it was nearing time to leave for dinner.

    Third job was trimming fallen tree into trailer size lengths. My wife was helping pickup and load. She usually won’t touch any of my tools or run the tractor, except once to humor me since I insist she understands their operation. She actually liked using the pole saw. She did say it felt a little heavy at the motor/battery end, but balanced. She got it stuck a few times due to inexperience with binding and knowing when to up/down cut. Some of the limbs were overhanging the trailer and she trimmed them and hit metal. I read the manual to check angle and size file, it states to always use only high speed with this attachment. Hmmm. Luckily my Echo uses the same size file. Did a quick touch up and saw was good to go for another round.

    I am impressed with battery longevity and ability to cut larger than expected wood. For some reason it seems to cut much better doing up rather than down cuts. It also seemed to not oil as well with the chain head pointing mostly down for limbing the fallen tree. I assume my oil is the right viscosity since it’s dedicated bar oil (albeit 10+ years old, shows how much I use my chainsaw).

    Overall extremely happy with it, as I am with most of my Milwaukee tools.
    Last edited by timzr; 06-16-2019 at 10:38 AM.
    Gizmo2, coaltrain and blue87fj60 like this.
    2017 JD 1025R
    120R Loader, 60Ē MMM, Howse 4í box blade, Turfvent 3pt aerator, Titan ballast box, homebuilt lawn roller/packer, CID (Construction Implement Depot) quick attach pallet forks, 14í homebuilt 10k flatbed trailer

  7. Top | #65
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:54 AM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,500
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timzr View Post
    In the expected way (actually limbing trees) and as long chainsaw. Removed about a dozen box woods that were 6-8í across. I was able to kneel down and cut them as a whole rather than trim or fight thru to get to the trunk with a regular saw. Also made it much easier to drag to the curb.

    I am impressed with battery longevity and ability to cut larger than expected wood. For some reason it seems to cut much better doing up rather than down cuts. It also seemed to not oil as well with the chain head pointing mostly down for limbing the fallen tree. I assume my oil is the right viscosity since itís dedicated bar oil (albeit 10+ years old, shows how much I use my chainsaw).

    Overall extremely happy with it, as I am with most of my Milwaukee tools.
    I haven't put oil in mine yet so I'll have to look in the tank. I seem to recall the oil outlet from the tank being on the rear/bottom. Perhaps the mechanism is gravity fed.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  8. Top | #66
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:54 AM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,500
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I haven't put oil in mine yet so I'll have to look in the tank. I seem to recall the oil outlet from the tank being on the rear/bottom. Perhaps the mechanism is gravity fed.
    You know it's getting bad when you start quoting your own posts. I looked at my saw and also at the parts list. It looks like the oil pickup is just a tube with spring over the end (#13), located towards the back of the tank near the bottom (see highlighted item below). I can see how it might starve for oil once the tank gets down to around 1/3 full and the saw is pointed towards the ground.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oiker.jpg
    Gizmo2, DRobinson and timzr like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  9. Top | #67
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    33,923
    Thanks
    5,712
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timzr View Post
    It also seemed to not oil as well with the chain head pointing mostly down for limbing the fallen tree. I assume my oil is the right viscosity since itís dedicated bar oil (albeit 10+ years old, shows how much I use my chainsaw).
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I haven't put oil in mine yet so I'll have to look in the tank. I seem to recall the oil outlet from the tank being on the rear/bottom. Perhaps the mechanism is gravity fed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    You know it's getting bad when you start quoting your own posts. I looked at my saw and also at the parts list. It looks like the oil pickup is just a tube with spring over the end (#13), located towards the back of the tank near the bottom (see highlighted item below). I can see how it might starve for oil once the tank gets down to around 1/3 full and the saw is pointed towards the ground.
    Thanks guys, something to be aware of.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  10. Top | #68
    blue87fj60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    2,666
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 350 Times in 273 Posts
    You guys jinxed me!
    Went to grab the pole saw for a few quick storm damage cuts on a big trumpet vine and found a little bar oil on the guard. Not enough to make me want to drain the tank every time. But now i guess i'll have to come up with a drip catcher of some sort.
    Gizmo2, jgayman and BigJim55 like this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

  11. Top | #69
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    33,923
    Thanks
    5,712
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue87fj60 View Post
    You guys jinxed me!
    Went to grab the pole saw for a few quick storm damage cuts on a big trumpet vine and found a little bar oil on the guard. Not enough to make me want to drain the tank every time. But now i guess i'll have to come up with a drip catcher of some sort.
    I'm sort of glad. I'd hate to think your were the only one on the planet that didn't have the problem.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  12. Top | #70

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    08-23-2019 @ 09:16 AM
    Location
    Cartersville (NW) GA
    Posts
    2,378
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked 364 Times in 266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I reported the extension pole status back on post #6. As it turns out, the extension pole by itself has not yet been released by Milwaukee. That is why no one has it. The only way to get one at the moment is if you purchase the pole saw stand alone for $399 as it comes with one extension pole.

    This just isn't accurate....I bought the extension months ago, it came in the retail extension box. The extension has been released.


    Here it is on eBay

    Milwaukee 49-16-2721 M18 FUELTM QUIK-LOK 3 Attachment Extension New 45242532902 | eBay
    Gizmo2 and BigJim55 like this.
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

    Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

    Stihl MS361, FS250R

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts