Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Looking for a new pressure washer

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:33 PM
    Thanks

Question Looking for a new pressure washer

I'm still in the mode of replacing old equipment around the ranch and shop - I've lived long enough to where my stuff (usually repaired at least once) is in need of replacement.

I've looked at pressure washers online and read reviews which has left me more confused than ever. Amazon carries some of the Simpsons but their customer service is apparently horrible and the pumps have a propensity to leak oil (and their hoses are lousy.) I've been strongly considering one of the two commercial pressure washers that Stihl is marketing (I wonder who makes them) just because of local service. They don't specify who makes the engine that I could find, I really wanted a Honda GX engine and a Cat pump. Could that engine be a Stihl?

Any other ideas out there? I'm not interested in homeowner quality but wanted to step up to semi commercial quality. A belt drive would be nice but those are way expensive.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck. 1998 Komatsu D39P-1 dozer (size of a Cat D5, sold)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johncanfield View Post
    I'm still in the mode of replacing old equipment around the ranch and shop - I've lived long enough to where my stuff (usually repaired at least once) is in need of replacement.

I've looked at pressure washers online and read reviews which has left me more confused than ever. Amazon carries some of the Simpsons but their customer service is apparently horrible and the pumps have a propensity to leak oil (and their hoses are lousy.) I've been strongly considering one of the two commercial pressure washers that Stihl is marketing (I wonder who makes them) just because of local service. They don't specify who makes the engine that I could find, I really wanted a Honda GX engine and a Cat pump. Could that engine be a Stihl?

Any other ideas out there? I'm not interested in homeowner quality but wanted to step up to semi commercial quality. A belt drive would be nice but those are way expensive.
    Stihl pressure washers are made by MI-T-M. The same company that makes them for Deere. They use a Kohler engine. I've had an RB400 for a few years and havent had any issues.
    Last edited by Brownie919; 06-21-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    Jeff B and johncanfield like this.
    2001 4300 SyncReverser 430 Loader/48 Backhoe
    Walker MC20 Zero Turn

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Thanks

Here is what I would go with.

Simpson ALH3228-S Professional 3400 PSI Gas - Cold Water Aluminum Frame Pressure Washer w/ Honda GX Engine CAT Pump
    3025e 60" bucket with parking stand kit, Ken's hooks, quick hitch, finish mower, brush hog, tiller, back blade, scoop, forks, Edge Tamers, weight bracket w/ trailer mover
    Z915B
    GT 245
    X500
    Bolens MTD GTH garden tractor (Dad's old machine)
    20' double axle trailer
    Previous - 2305, 2025R, Z720A, couple other zero turns

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Do you need/want a gas one? I bought a commercial duty electric one a few years ago so I didn't have another engine sitting around, it serves me well.

This is the one I have:

https://www.amazon.com/AR767-Industr...53279437&psc=1
    johncanfield, BamaJohn and Kbar like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5
    JKR
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Thanks
    johncanfield and JD4044M like this.
    3033R, HST, 3SVC, 60" heavy bucket with replaceable blade, H165 loader, Trans and engine heater, 60" tow behind mower.
    hydraulic top link, Line kit, 72" hydraulic power angle plow, JD pallet forks, 60" box blade, 60" scraper,
    72" rear rake, Homemade rock bucket, Post hole digger.Piranha Tooth Bar, Ballast box, rear chains,

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:43 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,663 Times in 1,509 Posts
    They don't specify who makes the engine that I could find, I really wanted a Honda GX engine and a Cat pump. Could that engine be a Stihl?

I have a Power washer 4,000PSI, 3.5 GPM with a Cat Pump and a Honda Gx engine which I bought through Northern Tool. Very powerful washer and always starts on the 2nd pull, even if its been a year or more since run. Best one I have owned or used......

I had an issue where my Cat pump was damaged and I ordered a new Cat Pump from Northern and they were not only the best price around, their service was excellent and they have the spare parts when needed.

Not cheap, but nothing really good ever is.............I have been extremely happy with it. I did loan it to my father (which led to me replacing the pump at about $800...he left it in an unheated building and the pump was damaged...) and he used the 0 tip in it and not paying attention, he turned to look at something and the water spray went across his overhead garage door and the pressure and 0 tip stripped the paint in a perfect line all the way across the door and siding, in about 3 seconds total....... (Made me feel better after his bone head move damaged my Cat pump.)....

Orders over $1,000 get you a $200 Gift card for Northern as well.....

NorthStar Gas Cold Water Pressure Washer | Northern Tool + Equipment

BigJim55, johncanfield and JD4044M like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:33 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Do you need/want a gas one? I bought a commercial duty electric one a few years ago so I didn't have another engine sitting around, it serves me well.

This is the one I have:

https://www.amazon.com/AR767-Industr...53279437&psc=1
    Thanks Kenny! Years ago I bought an electric pressure washer from a Tractor Supply for 5$ that was returned to the store due to a leak, it was okay but pretty wimpy. I have a 20’ by 20’ deck that I use a 14 inch rotating cleaner thingy for cleaning but my gas 2500 psi washer is barely adequate to run it.

Great! I’ll have a look!

Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I have a Power washer 4,000PSI, 3.5 GPM with a Cat Pump and a Honda Gx engine which I bought through Northern Tool. Very powerful washer and always starts on the 2nd pull, even if its been a year or more since run. Best one I have owned or used......

I had an issue where my Cat pump was damaged and I ordered a new Cat Pump from Northern and they were not only the best price around, their service was excellent and they have the spare parts when needed.

Not cheap, but nothing really good ever is.............I have been extremely happy with it. I did loan it to my father (which led to me replacing the pump at about $800...he left it in an unheated building and the pump was damaged...) and he used the 0 tip in it and not paying attention, he turned to look at something and the water spray went across his overhead garage door and the pressure and 0 tip stripped the paint in a perfect line all the way across the door and siding, in about 3 seconds total....... (Made me feel better after his bone head move damaged my Cat pump.)....

Orders over $1,000 get you a $200 Gift card for Northern as well.....

NorthStar Gas Cold Water Pressure Washer | Northern Tool + Equipment

That one is really interesting, I’ve bought equipment from them before. The closest store is about 75 miles away but I’ve made that trip before to pick up stuff I’ve ordered.

As always, thanks so much for the help!
    BigJim55 and JD4044M like this.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck. 1998 Komatsu D39P-1 dozer (size of a Cat D5, sold)

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Thanks
    I've been strongly considering one of the two commercial pressure washers that Stihl is marketing (I wonder who makes them) just because of local service. They don't specify who makes the engine that I could find, I really wanted a Honda GX engine and a Cat pump. Could that engine be a Stihl?
    When Stihl pressure washers first came out a couple of years ago, they were made by MI-T-M. I doubt that has changed.
    Last edited by RodW; 06-21-2019 at 10:56 PM.
    BigJim55 and johncanfield like this.
    X350 (2016) and Accessories
    Assorted Stihl & Grizzly tools
    My wife says that's all I need for my measly 1/2 acre...

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Thanks
    I'm with Kenny. I really didn't want another engine to maintain and I wanted hot water/steam. So I went with a North Star, from Northern Tool. It is either this model or very similar. I've had it for about 15 years. The only problem I had was the output pressure regulator/relief stuck in relief--no pressure. I had to remove it, disassemble, clean the water mineral deposits, and re-assemble. About 45 minutes. It has a CAT pump and a 5hp motor. It does require a 240VAC 30 amp circuit.

Like yourself, I use it once a year to clean my deck with a turbo nozzle (rotating spray pattern). I have three 50' sections of hose between the pressure washer and the wand. It still has plenty of pressure to run the turbo nozzle and clean the deck about as quick as I can move the wand.

The hot water/steam is a real plus when I acquire a new "project" that is an oily, slimy mess.
    Last edited by martincom; 06-21-2019 at 09:17 PM.
    johncanfield and JD4044M like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Thanks
    I have this same washer, except it is the 3800psi version. Works great. Plenty of power. Can’t beat Honda small engines.
    JKR, BigJim55 and johncanfield like this.
    Yancey

2017 2038R 220R loader
    Frontier 72” rear blade
    Frontier 60” box blade
    Frontier 65” tiller
    Frontier subsoiler
    Frontier 60” landplane
    Frontier 42” pallet forks
    Frontier 72” RC 2072
    HH toothbar KBOH’s bucket hooks
    2019 X758 60HC deck
    Model 80 trailer