Fired up the Pressure Pro 4000 belt drive pressure washer for the first time!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Fired up the Pressure Pro 4000 belt drive pressure washer for the first time!

  1. Top | #1
    johncanfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:03 PM
    Location
    Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 82 Times in 56 Posts

    Fired up the Pressure Pro 4000 belt drive pressure washer for the first time!

    Honda GX390 engine - 11.7 HP and a belt drive Cat triplex pump. 4,000 psi at 4 gpm. I added the included quart of 10w-30 oil, some gas, hooked up hoses, ran water through the pump, etc. The Cat pump came with oil so nothing to do there.

    The engine easily started on about the third pull - it was easier to start than my 5 HP residential Honda powered 2,500 psi pressure washer. I was quite amazed.

    The frame is aluminum and the washer is nicely balanced on the large pneumatic tires. What a difference between 2500 and 4000 psi - wow.

    Pressure Washer Direct shipped this out right away after I ordered it - maybe so I wouldn’t change my mind and cancel the order This was expensive but I think I made a good decision and I’m quite pleased, at least so far.
    Kennyd, rtgt, Old Cajun and 5 others like this.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck. 1998 Komatsu D39P-1 dozer (size of a Cat D5, sold)

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Old Pa-pa Old Cajun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,095
    Thanks
    793
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 1,011 Posts
    WOW, 4 GPM at 4000 PSI, that's throwing some water!!
    glc, rtgt, SulleyBear and 1 others like this.
    Neil

    2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    1,943
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 221 Times in 176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cajun View Post
    WOW, 4 GPM at 4000 PSI, that's throwing some water!!
    And belt drive too? Interesting-I’d love to see some pics of the drive setup!
    rtgt, Old Cajun and johncanfield like this.
    2004-L130

    2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    SulleyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Location
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,337
    Thanks
    1,435
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 1,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncanfield View Post
    Honda GX390 engine - 11.7 HP and a belt drive Cat triplex pump. 4,000 psi at 4 gpm. I added the included quart of 10w-30 oil, some gas, hooked up hoses, ran water through the pump, etc. The Cat pump came with oil so nothing to do there.

    The engine easily started on about the third pull - it was easier to start than my 5 HP residential Honda powered 2,500 psi pressure washer. I was quite amazed.

    The frame is aluminum and the washer is nicely balanced on the large pneumatic tires. What a difference between 2500 and 4000 psi - wow.

    Pressure Washer Direct shipped this out right away after I ordered it - maybe so I wouldn’t change my mind and cancel the order This was expensive but I think I made a good decision and I’m quite pleased, at least so far.
    I have a similar power washer with the Honda engine, Cat pump, 4gpm and 4,000 PSI. It's a great power washer.........If that can't get the spot off or the stain out, chances are it will just blow a hole through the material......

    Make sure to never put the multi viscosity motor oil in the Cat Pump. It needs a special, straight weight, non detergent oil, which per the Cat pump I own, I seem to recall it's a straight 30 weight. I get the Cat oil in the bottle from Northern Tool, even though its just a non detergent, straight weight oil.

    With the pumps as costly as they are, I am sticking with the oil right from Cat to make sure it's 100% correct. But I do know that the multi viscosity oil with detergents in the Cat pump will turn to Milk in a flash with even a tiny bit of moisture which happens easier than most realize...............then the temp in the pump skyrockets because the lubrication quality of the oil drops like a rock once there is moisture in it............and before you know it, it's time for a new Cat Pump and they are $$$$.......

    1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

    John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

    ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products





  7. Top | #5
    Old Pa-pa Old Cajun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,095
    Thanks
    793
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I have a similar power washer with the Honda engine, Cat pump, 4gpm and 4,000 PSI. It's a great power washer.........If that can't get the spot off or the stain out, chances are it will just blow a hole through the material......

    Make sure to never put the multi viscosity motor oil in the Cat Pump. It needs a special, straight weight, non detergent oil, which per the Cat pump I own, I seem to recall it's a straight 30 weight. I get the Cat oil in the bottle from Northern Tool, even though its just a non detergent, straight weight oil.

    With the pumps as costly as they are, I am sticking with the oil right from Cat to make sure it's 100% correct. But I do know that the multi viscosity oil with detergents in the Cat pump will turn to Milk in a flash with even a tiny bit of moisture which happens easier than most realize...............then the temp in the pump skyrockets because the lubrication quality of the oil drops like a rock once there is moisture in it............and before you know it, it's time for a new Cat Pump and they are $$$$.......
    Even my old as the hills 1500 PSI Cat pump specifically says that about the oil.

    Probably going on 20 years with no trouble, I did add a low input water pressure cutoff to the engine, input water pressure drops
    below 15 PSI, it kills the engine.

    Done seen several friends burn theirs up from a kinked hose or broken hose, those pumps burn up super quick
    with no input water.
    rtgt, johncanfield and JD4044M like this.
    Neil

    2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

  8. Top | #6
    johncanfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:03 PM
    Location
    Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 82 Times in 56 Posts
    I’ll put up some pictures of the washer tomorrow. I want to check the pulleys to be sure they are tight on their shafts, there was one report of loose pulleys on a customer review of this model.

    Roger on using the recommended oil in the pump, I have Cat’s website page about oil bookmarked. I’m fairly anal about following manufacturer’s recommendations.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck. 1998 Komatsu D39P-1 dozer (size of a Cat D5, sold)

  9. Top | #7
    Gra$$guy728's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Great choice! I have the direct drive model. Pressure Washers Direct are good to deal with and stand behind the products they sell.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rtgt, johncanfield and JD4044M like this.

  10. Top | #8
    johncanfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:03 PM
    Location
    Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 82 Times in 56 Posts
    Here's a few pictures of the pressure washer. I'm impressed with the build quality, especially the belt(s) cover - one screw on the top and you can pull the cover right off. About the only thing I would change is to move the pump a bit further out from the engine to make access to the inboard side of the engine a bit easier. Other than that - well done Pressure Pro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PressurePro_A.jpg   PressurePro_B.jpg   PressurePro_C.jpg   PressurePro_D.jpg   PressurePro_E.jpg  

    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck. 1998 Komatsu D39P-1 dozer (size of a Cat D5, sold)

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to johncanfield For This Useful Post:

    JD4044M (07-06-2019)

  12. Top | #9
    Old Pa-pa Old Cajun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    11,095
    Thanks
    793
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Beautiful setup John, ya got OC dripping with envy!
    rtgt, blue87fj60 and johncanfield like this.
    Neil

    2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

  13. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    1,943
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 221 Times in 176 Posts
    The build does look very nice-hopefully you made note of the belt specs so if ever a replacement is needed you’ll have the numbers without having to read them from a work or destroyed belt.
    rtgt and johncanfield like this.
    2004-L130

    2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •