• 1 Post By Littlegreenmachine
  • 2 Post By Logictox

Thread: Dewalt 60V weed eater

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Thanks

Dewalt 60V weed eater

Wasn't sure where to put this. I'm hoping there is someone out there that has tried the Dewalt 60V weed eater to tell me what they think about it. Time for an upgrade and on the pasture fences I get some serious weeds but don't care for the gas weed eaters as I seem to replace those every couple of years. My electrics last 3-4 on average and usually it's batteries that fail but the technology is so old I opt for new. At any rate this one caught my eye but didn't know if anyone had tried it.

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	51274zybWTL._SL1000_.jpg†
Views:	10†
Size:	36.6 KB†
ID:	703588
    Id est, quo id est.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,056 Times in 2,999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Logictox View Post
    Wasn't sure where to put this. I'm hoping there is someone out there that has tried the Dewalt 60V weed eater to tell me what they think about it. Time for an upgrade and on the pasture fences I get some serious weeds but don't care for the gas weed eaters as I seem to replace those every couple of years. My electrics last 3-4 on average and usually it's batteries that fail but the technology is so old I opt for new. At any rate this one caught my eye but didn't know if anyone had tried it.
    I've not seen any reviews on that baby. But...
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...ew-thread.html
    OxPath and Logictox like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Logictox View Post
    I have the 40v version of the same weed eater. It's awesome. Lots of torque and much easier to deal with than the 2--cycle machine it replaced. I have a 4ah and a 6ah battery for mine. If one runs out I start using the 2nd and the 1st is usually fully recharged by the time I run the 2nd down. That doesn't happen often though because the 4ah battery will run for about 45 minutes straight and I'm usually done by then.
    OxPath and Logictox like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Thanks
    Just picked the 60v up at my local Bomgaars store last weekend. Used it once and so far I'm impressed. Bomgaars had a great price on it, ended up paying $199 plus tax for the kit including a 9ah battery and charger. I already have lot of Dewalt stuff, think I'm up to about ten 60v batteries now. Have two grinders, circular saw, sliding miter, air compressor and now the trimmer all in 60v. Have far more of the 20v stuff. I've been very happy with every one of them. For high demand tools like a grinder, circular saw or this trimmer, going 60v is absolutely worth the price difference.

In general the whole 60v line of tools performs extremely well and the trimmer is no different. It has a high and low switch, most general trimming it works just fine on low. When I got into some real dense and heavy stuff I flipped it up to high and it easily has enough to get the job done. At $200 it was a bargain, the battery alone sells for $120. I already had a couple of the 9.0 batteries and they have performed really well on the sliding miter saw. I trimmed around everything on a large corner lot and the battery still registered full charge.

It's super light compared to my Stihl Kombi trimmer and I barely noticed the weight as I carried it around the property. Bought it mostly because I don't like carrying my trimmer from one place to another. I road the mower between properties and wherever I leave the trimmer seems I always need it at the other place.
    Gizmo2, OxPath and Logictox like this.
    2008 John Deere 2305, 200CX loader, 62C mower deck, imatch, 647 Tiller
    2005 John Deere X495, 62C mower deck and 54" snow blade
    1977 John Deere 300 garden tractor with 48" deck, 33 tiller and home built hydraulic blade

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I broke down last night and picked one up on the way home. Charged the battery and used it on a spot in my back yard. Now the problem is I like it so much I'll have to buy a second one, got this one for the weekend property and now I'll have to upgrade the one at my house in town. The pitfalls of having multiple homes.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    Id est, quo id est.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Turned out to be an expensive adventure the last couple of weeks. I replaced my Z445 with a Z915E which put a dent in my check book and then started to upgrade my weed eater and ended up buying two and two 60V Dewalt leaf blowers. I'll have to lay low a while and let my checking account recover so I can buy more guns.

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	dewalt.jpg†
Views:	2†
Size:	31.6 KB†
ID:	703890
    Gizmo2 and iamrfixit like this.
    Id est, quo id est.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Thanks
    Iím thinking about the dewalt weedeater and other outside tools. I just bought the 60v dewalt table saw so that got me started.
    I have the ryobi 40v stuff but the batteries just plain suck.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreenmachine View Post
    Iím thinking about the dewalt weedeater and other outside tools. I just bought the 60v dewalt table saw so that got me started.
    I have the ryobi 40v stuff but the batteries just plain suck.

I have several Dewalt battery tools and have had excellent service out of the tools and the batteries. That was the reason I decided to look at them for this upgrade.
    Gizmo2 and Littlegreenmachine like this.
    Id est, quo id est.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements