• 1 Post By jgayman

Thread: New Lock 'N Lube 10,000 PSI swivel

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:18 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts

New Lock 'N Lube 10,000 PSI swivel

I've been wishing I had a swivel on my Lock 'N Lube coupler that is attached to a Milwaukee M18 grease gun but it generates 10,000 PSI and most swivels are only rated for 3500-4000 PSI.

Lock 'N Lube just came out with a new swivel that is rated for 10,000 PSI. It is model number LNL231 ($10.99).

I've been using the LNL with the swivel for a few weeks now and it really makes getting into tight places easier. I even gave it the torture test which is greasing the front axle pivot on my 2720 as the tolerance is so tight that it seems like the grease gun hose will explode before the joint starts taking grease. It built up lots of pressure and the swivel did just fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LNL231.jpg
    Kennyd, glc, Gizmo2 and 11 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

Bubber†(09-18-2019), Gizmo2†(09-18-2019), keane†(09-18-2019), Kennyd†(09-18-2019), Old Cajun†(09-19-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I've been wishing I had a swivel on my Lock 'N Lube coupler that is attached to a Milwaukee M18 grease gun but it generates 10,000 PSI and most swivels are only rated for 3500-4000 PSI.

Lock 'N Lube just came out with a new swivel that is rated for 10,000 PSI. It is model number LNL231 ($10.99).

I've been using the LNL with the swivel for a few weeks now and it really makes getting into tight places easier. I even gave it the torture test which is greasing the front axle pivot on my 2720 as the tolerance is so tight that it seems like the grease gun hose will explode before the joint starts taking grease. It built up lots of pressure and the swivel did just fine.
    Jgay, does that go between a lock and lube tip and the hose so it can swivel while Iím using it? My grease gun is the dewalt cordless.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    Jgay, does that go between a lock and lube tip and the hose so it can swivel while Iím using it? My grease gun is the dewalt cordless.
    Yes... between the hose and LNL. It is standard 1/8" NPT threads. On the Milwaukee, the end of the hose that goes on the gun is not 1/8" NPT. I suspect the DeWalt is probably the same. It's one reason you can't use a standard hose on the M18 grease gun and visa versa.
    glc, Old Cajun and Firemark like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

Firemark†(09-19-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    As always, thanks again Jgay for great info
    jgayman and Old Cajun like this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    Artillian Blinders
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Recieved my two lock and lube swivels. I put one on my John Deere gun. When I was picking up service supplies, I asked one of the old time techs to pick me out a gun that he would get, hence, my JD gun. Very happy with it. I put a lock and lube 10k psi swivel where the hose meets the gun, works great. I specifically use this for infamous zerk that you have to go thru that hole. Just to note, I have greased this zerk every time I wanted to with no problems. I might have to turn things a bit but offset zerk is Acssesable.

I glanced at my dewalt cordless grease gun and saw the hose fitting looked larger, not the 1/8Ē zerk coupler but the fitting where hose meets gun. I was wondering if any one has put a swivel there as opposed to the zerk end of the hose. It also looks like itís tight to get a wrench to get a purchase on that end of the hose. I could always put it on the zerk end of the hose but the lock and lube takes up enough tech real estate on that end. Itís also nice to have the swivel right off the gun allowing turning the hose when you want. I also avoid the tip locking on to a zerk buy loosening ti and/or turning hose.

Would appreciate any comments if any of you guys have added a gun based 10k psi swivel to a dewalt.

One done, one to go. Will post pics. Thanks Don
    Artillian Blinders
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    Recieved my two lock and lube swivels. I put one on my John Deere gun. When I was picking up service supplies, I asked one of the old time techs to pick me out a gun that he would get, hence, my JD gun. Very happy with it. I put a lock and lube 10k psi swivel where the hose meets the gun, works great. I specifically use this for infamous zerk that you have to go thru that hole. Just to note, I have greased this zerk every time I wanted to with no problems. I might have to turn things a bit but offset zerk is Acssesable.

I glanced at my dewalt cordless grease gun and saw the hose fitting looked larger, not the 1/8Ē zerk coupler but the fitting where hose meets gun. I was wondering if any one has put a swivel there as opposed to the zerk end of the hose. It also looks like itís tight to get a wrench to get a purchase on that end of the hose. I could always put it on the zerk end of the hose but the lock and lube takes up enough tech real estate on that end. Itís also nice to have the swivel right off the gun allowing turning the hose when you want. I also avoid the tip locking on to a zerk buy loosening ti and/or turning hose.

Would appreciate any comments if any of you guys have added a gun based 10k psi swivel to a dewalt.

One done, one to go. Will post pics. Thanks Don
    All the information I can find seems to indicate that the DeWalt cordless grease gun uses standard 1/8-inch NPT couplers. I even see couplers listed on the DeWalt website.

However, I did find a thread on GTT about installing a LNL on the DeWalt gun that seemed to indicate removing the factory coupler from the DeWalt hose can be confusing.

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...rease-gun.html
    Firemark likes this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements