Large John Deere Sign I'm gonna sell?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Large John Deere Sign I'm gonna sell?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-31-2017 @ 06:59 AM
    Thanks

Large John Deere Sign I'm gonna sell?

I am an Allis man. I have acquired a large John Deere sign I am going to sell I just don't know what a fair price for it would be. From the information I seen I believe it is from the 30's or 40's. It is metal and is double faced sided prolly 30"-36" tall and 60"-72" long. Says, John Deere - Quality Farm Implements and has a deer in the middle of it running. I saw an auction page where one like this sold for $4800 but it was mint and I know this isn't worth that. It does have some damage to it but I know people like to dress their shops up with these things. I can text or email pictures to anyone with advice or information they would like to pass on. I don't get on here very much so communication needs to me done through email or phone. (573-three zero one-8833 or [email protected])
    bhill likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Thanks

Since you are an Allis man

Quote Originally Posted by allisman View Post
    I am an Allis man. I have acquired a large John Deere sign I am going to sell I just don't know what a fair price for it would be. From the information I seen I believe it is from the 30's or 40's. It is metal and is double faced sided prolly 30"-36" tall and 60"-72" long. Says, John Deere - Quality Farm Implements and has a deer in the middle of it running. I saw an auction page where one like this sold for $4800 but it was mint and I know this isn't worth that. It does have some damage to it but I know people like to dress their shops up with these things. I can text or email pictures to anyone with advice or information they would like to pass on. I don't get on here very much so communication needs to me done through email or phone. (573-three zero one-8833 or [email protected])
    LOL, since you are an Allis man, I know you don't want that thing cluttering up your space. If you want to pay for shipping I'll store it here for you and you can come look at it whenever you want.

Just kidding, I would think a dealer/collector would really want it but unfortunately I have no idea of the price. I can't imagine paying $4,800 for it but it may be worth that to the right person.

Treefarmer
    Levi, BigJim55, flyweight and 4 others like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

4. Top | #3
    Jer
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    Can we see a pic??

Is it painted metal, or porcelain??
    Gizmo2, DRobinson and ky_shawn like this.
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 02:12 AM
    Thanks
    Methinks he joined to sell us a JD sign, so a posted pic would be worth, well, whatever the sign will sell for....

So sayeth Mr. Obvious.
    Gizmo2, BigJim55, Marlin and 2 others like this.
    2016 5085E
    2014 318e
    2009 997
    1958 Fordson Dexta

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I am an Allis man because that is what I know. I joined to inquire information on it, yes. Maybe you all could convince me to buy the green paint, never know. The $4800 sign I saw was mint. This sign is far from that. I wouldn't ever pay that for a sign anyway but some people have more money than brains.

I would have to double check but I pretty sure it is painted metal. In my searching I don't recall seeing one that was double sided like mine. I'm not saying what I have is a "holy grail" or anything. I was limited to knowledge to what I could find on Google hence why I came here, for information better than Google.

As stated before Addy I do intend to sell this sign. I am looking for information first. I am a sucker for history so I like to learn about things first. I do intend to sell it once I have learned about it.

I will try to post the one picture of it if I can figure out how. I believe it's the worst of the two sides tho.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Picture of sign. Sorry it's upside down. I was lucky to get this far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170430_193543_1494935060443.jpg  
    mark02tj likes this.

9. Top | #7
    tj1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:20 AM
    Thanks
    Picture of sign. Sorry it's upside down. I was lucky to get this far.
    Doesn't look like it even warrants the shipping charges!
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 04:45 PM
    Thanks
    Would have been worth more if they had painted it right side up!

Made by the Burdick-Enamel Sign Co- chicago circa 1900?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170430_193543_1494935060443.jpg  
    Last edited by Bulitt; 05-16-2017 at 07:27 AM.
    Bob - 2011 2520

2520 Mods - http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...2520-mods.html
    Posted for general info only. Not suggesting you alter your tractor based upon my feeble minded posts. Do so at your own risk. Maintenance and mods should be performed by a JD Dealer, or refer to your owners and maintenance manuals for proper procedures.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    If its not worth anything then I just hang it up in the bar for decoration. Might be a spot to put above the urinals that have a Cubs symbol in one and Blackhawks in the other that you can piss on when taking a leak.
    tj1 likes this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    If its not worth anything then I just hang it up in the bar for decoration. Might be a spot to put above the urinals that have a Cubs symbol in one and Blackhawks in the other that you can piss on when taking a leak.
    From what I have seen at the auctions I have been too over the years most all these old signs and advertising material has value of some sort. It's a rough looking sign and it's not porcelain so that obviously hurts it but I wouldn't say it's worthless by any means. It's value may be low but its worth something.
    eyeboltman and PJR832 like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast