Like Tree92Likes

Thread: rc airplanes

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 02:19 PM
    Thanks

rc airplanes

does any body use rc airplanes?
    Tomfive, tj1 and Rope_Chucker like this.
    1988 John Deere 316 50" Deck SOLD
    1952 Ford 8n SOLD
    1987 John Deere 318 46" deck 54" 2-way blade ---- SOLD
    1958 John Deere 420U project
    1940 John Deere B SOLD
    Kubota B6200E 2WD
    Except a man be born again,he can not see the Kingdom of God....

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    I have a few Ultra Micros and one big one with an FPV dome on the front. I fly my Phantom Drone quite a bit. How about you?

dieselshadow, Tomfive, tj1 and 1 others like this.
    Early 2012 1026R with H120 and 60" auto connect MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-27-2019 @ 04:06 PM
    Thanks
    I'm not sure 'use' is the correct term for what I do to rc airplanes... but here's a short video of a flight with my Parkzone T-28. I've got a Mobius camera on board and this was an initial flight trying out the mounting system. The landing was pretty rough due to cross wind and my skills are just so-so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5JfInsqyvE&t=48s
    Terry
    World Series of Team Roping member
    John Deere 2440
    Howse bush hog
    J-Bar 7' blade, rake & post hole digger made by somebody
    bunch of home made pull-toys, groomer, bale spears
    Dodge dually '03

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,026 Times in 2,508 Posts
    I used to fly planes some, but my main interest was helicopters. I gave it all up to build my house 14 years ago and have not gotten back into it, but the new drone stuff is pretty appealing.

Anyone want to buy a used Futaba 9Z radio
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Thanks
    I flew a 60 powered r/c plane some years ago . . . before cameras became popular and readily available. Last plane I built, a friend (?) shot me down when he inadvertently turned on his radio which used the same frequency as mine. He provided a replacement kit but I never got it to perform properly and went on to other interests.

dieselshadow, Tomfive, tj1 and 1 others like this.
    Ralph T
    Benefactor Member NRA

==============================================

JD 2038R w/Rimguard loaded R4 tires, wheel spacers, LED lights, fender extensions, IMatch, Heavy Hitch, 8-42 lb suitcase weights, Frontier middle buster.

220R FEL with 57" materials bucket, Heavy Hitch tooth bar & Hitch'N Can, KBOH hooks, clevises & receiver hitch.

EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple

JD Z960M with Tweels, Suspension Seat, Advanced Chute System, Hitch

8. Top | #6
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,579 Posts
    Does FPV drones count as an RC airplane? What about AP drones?

FPV = First Person View. You wear a set of goggles and watch what the aircraft is doing through a camera mounted on it. Makes you feel like you are in it as the actual miniature pilot.

AP = Aerial Photography drones. Flown for their ability to take awesome 4K videos and amazing stills from the air. These machines generally use GPS for positioning and don’t rely heavily from operator input.

I do both.
    Kennyd, Tomfive, 636mullet and 3 others like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Thanks
    I used to really be into it big. I started building planes in the 70's (started with control line as a kid) and would drift in and out of the hobby for the next 30 years. The last club I was in lost their field around 2003 and I haven't pursued it since then. I don't have many digitized pics of any of the planes I built, but I did find this pic on my PC of one I built in the late 90's. A .40 size Kaos. I believe it had an O.S. .45 engine. Plane covered in monocote.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaos2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	613898
    Last edited by jimmylh; 05-16-2018 at 07:12 PM.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 02:19 PM
    Thanks
    no i dont would like to get one though. i have a syma 5sw and a cheap quadcopter. but want to get a plane.
    1988 John Deere 316 50" Deck SOLD
    1952 Ford 8n SOLD
    1987 John Deere 318 46" deck 54" 2-way blade ---- SOLD
    1958 John Deere 420U project
    1940 John Deere B SOLD
    Kubota B6200E 2WD
    Except a man be born again,he can not see the Kingdom of God....

11. Top | #9
    tj1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:45 AM
    Thanks
    Haven't "flown" in years. Loved building the planes during the winter months but my time is now to short to go out anymore and our private flying field was closed down because a couple guys when out and started flying jets and were strafing the nearby homes so we got shut down. Top bad, those jest looked absolutely like the real thing and even sounded that way..The club I used to belong to was called the Divot Diggers and rightfully so!
    I have a Great Planes F4U corsair with all the bells and whistles, piper cub 6' wingspan, two helicopters; one was a gas trainer 4 channel and then I went out and bought a 6 channel electric job which was is much easier to fly, and a heck of a lot easier to start too. I still use the thing every once in a while to chase my outdoor cats around the yard, they think it's a game..! The gas job flew right into the end of the house on my first attempt at hovering! Cost a few bucks rebuilding it but it turned into a godsend learning how to balance a needle on the end of your finger! Got pretty good at flying helicopters. Never crashed a plane. had a good friend that taught me how to fly, he inspected the first plane I built the piper and he took off with it and handed me the controls,, the weirdest part of learning in my opinion, is when it flies back at you, and you guys can attest to the opposite control idea... He also landed it to show me how to deal with those pesky cross winds with such a light plane. he also showed me how far to let the plane go, amazing how fast you can lose sight of your plane!!! I don't have any pics on this computer, sorry. Drones are just to much money for me to probably just get bored pretty quick with it around here. I did go buy one of those small electric helos that just about fly themselves to screw around in the house with but the wife doesn't care for me torturing her and the housecat with it so .......
    I still have a great planes thunder bolt biplane kit upstairs in my old cabinet shop that I never built along with everything , motor, Futaba controls, all the servos, etc. , Just never got around to building it. I loved the challenge of building the wings especially the corsair but like I said; time was a major factor and now with three jobs for the last 25 years as a building official, I never have time enough to get done what I need to do..
    I did like the video, it actually shows why you need to build these planes rugged, just look at the jostling around while taxiing the runway, lots of stress on Balsa and glue.. and a tail dragger puts a lot on the rear end for sure, especially connected to the rudder with a just a few plastic hinges!... Oh ya one more thing... $$$$$$$$$ Good flying everyone. Jeff
    Tomfive, 636mullet and Herminator like this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    08-27-2019 @ 04:06 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by E.J.H View Post
    no i dont would like to get one though. i have a syma 5sw and a cheap quadcopter. but want to get a plane.
    As first plane to start learning on, one of the best is the Eflite Apprentice 15e. Here's a link for an RTF (Ready To Fly) https://www.horizonhobby.com/apprent...w-dxe-efl3100e

It has stabilization systems that you can use and as you become more proficient, you can switch them off and go full aerobatic.
    Tomfive, tj1 and Herminator like this.
    Terry
    World Series of Team Roping member
    John Deere 2440
    Howse bush hog
    J-Bar 7' blade, rake & post hole digger made by somebody
    bunch of home made pull-toys, groomer, bale spears
    Dodge dually '03

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast