Women's Arctic Coveralls. Do they exist?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Women's Arctic Coveralls. Do they exist?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks

Women's Arctic Coveralls. Do they exist?

I love my Carhartt Arctic Extremes Yukon, whatever they are called double insulated coveralls. I can stay warm in the coldest of weather wearing these.

However, I am having difficulty finding anything similar for my wife. The men's coveralls, even the shortest ones don't fit at all. The crotch is at her knees, and the legs drag the ground and would be instantly muddy and snow packed.
    Would like something with fairly durable fabric, but she would prefer if it were not as stiff and rough as Carhartt material. Additionally, she does not need Carhartt brown, or camo. While not a 'soccer mom', she might wear these to our daughter's marching band competitions, or a late fall football game.

Oh, and the men's coveralls don't um...flatter her either! Afterall, I want to enjoy watching her work outside this winter while I'm sitting inside in the warmth

So, I'd like to hear some recommendations. Where can I find some warm coveralls for my petite (shivering) wife?

Thanks,

Tim
    jd.rasentrac likes this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    Maybe look at a women's snowmobile suit?
    etcallhome, Gizmo2 and Tractor Tim like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Thanks
    Ski clothes,,, spend some of that
    Tractor Tim likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    12-24-2016 @ 10:23 PM
    Thanks
    Yep! Been through that here too!
    We have looked everywhere for womens insulated/Arctic Duck Coveralls, and there are none it seems, just the bibs.

My wife gets issued Carhart Bibs and a Parka every couple of years, in the Womens size, and that seems to work out better, because of "Not binding where I don't understand" when trying to wear a Mens size coveralls.
    etcallhome and Tractor Tim like this.

7. Top | #5
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    I don't live in north, but I much prefer the bib and a coat over it. As was mentioned, LESS BINDING, but also, it allows me to shed the coat, as I work into warmth, and still keep my body warm, but not sweaty.

I'm not short, so can occasionally find the men's size that fits, but I usually have to buy the next size up to get room in the bust. Yes, they get in the mud. I leave them hanging in the garage on the way indoors, and just wash them every couple of days. But, if it is that cold, the mud is frozen and I am walking on ice, so they do not get muddy too often in the winter.

As far as looking for "style", Find a ski shop. Those ski suits/coveralls can be found in very nice styles, and even attempt to flatter the shape. (How much flattery can be gained from a bulky suit?) For their price and looks, I cannot wear one out to tend to livestock, but they would look very nice going to a soccer game. You might be looking at 2 different pairs of coveralls, depending on the work she will be doing. If her work is not likely to rip, tear, destroy coveralls, then the ski suit might work for all. (They are usually 2-4 times the price of men's arctic coveralls though.)

Another thought, is to call Walls. I am lucky, and have one of their outlets within driving distance of me. More selection in women's there, than in the normal retailers, such as TSC, IIRC. (Haven't been there in several years.) Might get that way in another week of two, and can stop in and take a look for you. What I have will need to last another year.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

8. Top | #6
    JKR
    Last Online
    09-08-2019 @ 05:25 AM
    Thanks
    Did you try this. Women Carhartt
    Zeeland Sandstone Bib Overall
    etcallhome and Gizmo2 like this.
    3033R, HST, 3SVC, 60" heavy bucket with replaceable blade, H165 loader, Trans and engine heater, 60" tow behind mower.
    hydraulic top link, Line kit, 72" hydraulic power angle plow, JD pallet forks, 60" box blade, 60" scraper,
    72" rear rake, Homemade rock bucket, Post hole digger.Piranha Tooth Bar, Ballast box, rear chains,

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timmarks View Post
    Oh, and the men's coveralls don't um...flatter her either! Afterall, I want to enjoy watching her work outside this winter while I'm sitting inside in the warmth

Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    I'm not short, so can occasionally find the men's size that fits, but I usually have to buy the next size up to get room in the bust.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread.
    etcallhome and Tractor Tim like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 659 Posts
    These are not coveralls, but may work for her. We have used LLBean.

Women's Swix Oslo Winter Pants at L.L.Bean
    farmgirl19 likes this.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    Try Sierratradingpost.com

They clearance all kinds of cold weather gear from previous seasons and tend to have some pretty good deals.

For staying warm, keep in mind she would need different layers for standing around in the cold vs doing stuff in the cold. I pick up my really cold weather outdoor work stuff at the end of hunting season in early January when everything goes 50-75% off. I don't care if it's camo.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sstlaure View Post
    I don't care if it's camo.
    This is one of the things that drives me nutso. It is getting to be impossible to find things that AREN'T camo. I used to buy a lot of outerwear stuff through Cabela's but now everything they carry is pretty much camo only.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast