• 2 Post By Eugene
  • 1 Post By mjncad

Thread: Slime Replacement

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 05:24 AM
    Thanks

Slime Replacement

I put Slime in my 1025R tires about 2-3 years ago. Has worked fantastic until a few months ago. It's been horribly cold and I noticed a screw in one of the tires. I need to plug that up, but haven't had any major issues with that tire pressure. The other tire doesn't seem to be able to hold pressure lately. That tire seems to be delaminating. Noticed last night that it was out of round as I brought the trash back. I may have operated it too many times when it was low. With the Slime in there I have never worried about tire pressure. I'll post again on this one.

All of them most likely have Honey Locust thorns in them. And lately they seem to loose their charge.

Anyone know if I can just add more Slime or do I need to remove the tires, clean them out, then replace and add more?
    1025R w/rear light kit, 49" H120 FEL, 12" 260 BH, 60D MMM, 2048 Rotary Cutter, BB5048L Box Blade, 50# wheel weights, 4x42#suitcase weights, 5' TSC Landscape rack, TSC modified Carry-All, 42" Titan Pallet Forks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar

D130 JD Lawn Tractor, Polaris Ranger 400, 18' Gator Made Lowboy Trailer,

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    05-06-2018 @ 12:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FredHickory View Post
    I put Slime in my 1025R tires about 2-3 years ago. Has worked fantastic until a few months ago. It's been horribly cold and I noticed a screw in one of the tires. I need to plug that up, but haven't had any major issues with that tire pressure. The other tire doesn't seem to be able to hold pressure lately. That tire seems to be delaminating. Noticed last night that it was out of round as I brought the trash back. I may have operated it too many times when it was low. With the Slime in there I have never worried about tire pressure. I'll post again on this one.

All of them most likely have Honey Locust thorns in them. And lately they seem to loose their charge.

Anyone know if I can just add more Slime or do I need to remove the tires, clean them out, then replace and add more?
    Air the tires up and drive around very slow for awhile. See what happens and go from there.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseIH574 View Post
    Air the tires up and drive around very slow for awhile. See what happens and go from there.
    Good ol' locus. Them and the Hedge Apple trees are the worse on tires. You could also get them foam filled, that will stop all it. Other than that if your tires tread are bad it's most likely time to replace them anyhow.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 05:24 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseIH574 View Post
    That's the way I operate every day. I think the slime has hardened and does not flow anymore.
    1025R w/rear light kit, 49" H120 FEL, 12" 260 BH, 60D MMM, 2048 Rotary Cutter, BB5048L Box Blade, 50# wheel weights, 4x42#suitcase weights, 5' TSC Landscape rack, TSC modified Carry-All, 42" Titan Pallet Forks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar

D130 JD Lawn Tractor, Polaris Ranger 400, 18' Gator Made Lowboy Trailer,

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    05-06-2018 @ 12:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FredHickory View Post
    That's the way I operate every day. I think the slime has hardened and does not flow anymore.
    Might be the cold. I have had slime in some tires for about 8 years. Once in awhile a tire goes down if not rolled for a long time. I air them back up and go. I have had all 4 tires go flat (without slime) mowing in areas where Honey Locust trees are. Gotta have slime for sure.
    FredHickory likes this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 09:19 PM
    Thanks
    I have not used this product but from the videos I seen of it being used looks to be a better product than SLIME...

Tire Ject

https://www.tireject.co/
    mjncad and ddinham like this.
    2013 1025R, H120 FEL, 54" AutoConnect Deck w/ Ind. Lift and Mulching Kit, John Deere 647 Roto-Tiller 48”, 54" JD Front Hydraulic Blade, Frontier 2060L Rear 5’ Blade, I-Match, Heavy Hitch with 8 Suitcase weights and 2" trailer receiver hitch, Ken's Bolt on hooks and Pedal Extension, Mower Deck Axles, Rim Guard in Tires, PSrumors heavy seat springs, Artillian's Horse Blinders and UHMW cutting edge.

Life Sponsor Ducks Unlimited
    Life Member of NRA

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene For This Useful Post:

mjncad (03-01-2018)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:43 AM
    Thanks
    The corrected link is: www.tireject.com
    FredHickory likes this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

11. Remove Advertisements