Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Where can you buy Deere oil/coolant/filters etc

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-01-2019 @ 04:50 PM
    Thanks
    Hi

So I need to do my service and I ordered all my oil, filters low viscosity etc all online last week. It was due to arrive Thursday and I’m planning doing the service Friday

The story short is now it’s delayed and not coming until next week! I’m annoyed

But what’s stores typically carry John Deere maintenance products like oil, hydraulic fluid etc ?

ie does Home Depot or KMart or NAPA or these type stores carry all the above stuff that I can just drive to? Nearest dealer is like a 45 min drive which I don’t want to do
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    x758,
    Front Mounted Dethatcher
    Rear Aerator
    Cart
    Lawn Stripe Kit
    25G Click-n-Go Sprayer
    Rear 3-point-Hitch and PTO
    Snowblower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 05:50 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire1916 View Post
    Hi

So I need to do my service and I ordered all my oil, filters low viscosity etc all online last week. It was due to arrive Thursday and Iím planning doing the service Friday

The story short is now itís delayed and not coming until next week! Iím annoyed

But whatís stores typically carry John Deere maintenance products like oil, hydraulic fluid etc ?

ie does Home Depot or KMart or NAPA or these type stores carry all the above stuff that I can just drive to? Nearest dealer is like a 45 min drive which I donít want to do
    Lowes and HD stock (SOME of the) filters for the models they sell and a few oil weights. Neither has the specific fluids or filters for every model. There is some crossover into other dealer level models but don't expect much.

~Brian~

1998 425/54 Deck/650 hours | 1998 455/60 Deck/54 Blade/1300 hours | 2003 GX345 48 Deck/47 Blade/Electric Pivot/900 hours (sold)

Yes I have an addiction and no I don't want help

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    06-20-2018 @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    Based on your post history, it looks like you have the x758. Like Fozsey mentioned, you’re likely not going to find the Deere specific products for the x758 at a box store. Sounds like a road trip to the dealer is in order.
    Last edited by Jay26; 05-30-2018 at 09:58 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-21-2019 @ 06:03 PM
    Thanks
    eBAY

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks
    I buy my JD filters and oil from greenpartstore.com They are usually as cheap as buying them at the local dealer.
    4066R open station

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeereBoots View Post
    I buy my JD filters and oil from greenpartstore.com They are usually as cheap as buying them at the local dealer.
    DeereBoots is correct, if your to far away for a local dealer, then there are Deere dealers like greenpartstore.com where you can buy online. Main thing will be shipping and some may have sales tax (depends on it's state location and laws).

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 10:51 AM
    Thanks
    I prefer the dealer, but understand distance problems.
    My particular dealers parts department, where you have to purchase oil/filters/etc, has a guy working there with...how to say it nicely...a bit of an attitude. That may make me drive to a different dealer or order online. I really dont enjoy dealing with him because he second guesses everything, and its cost me a couple times in wrong part ordered and having to wait for the right one to come in. Ive been looking up parts since JDParts.coms inception, but somehow he knows better. Anyway, thats neither here nor there.

As someone mentioned, buying online is a good option, assuming they get things shipped out in a timely manner. Sometimes, even with the shipping cost, they can be cheaper than the dealer.
    Also, something else to consider, if you need it soon, and have to order online, call and make sure they have it in stock.
    Several times Ive ordered online and found that it was delayed. When I inquire, its always due to having to order a part from Deere and wait for it to arrive before they can ship the order.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,149 Times in 2,306 Posts
    Just an FYI - Green Farm Parts is a supporting vendor of our forum. Plus as forum members we get a 7% discount across the board.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...arm-parts.html
    johncanfield likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:05 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Just an FYI - Green Farm Parts is a supporting vendor of our forum. Plus as forum members we get a 7% discount across the board.

And for in stock items they sometimes ship same day, if not the next day. UPS delivery for me is typically overnight from them due to their proximity, but will vary based on your location.

Bottom line for me, I USUALLY have my order in 2 days at a great price.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 10:51 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post

Never knew about the discount. I wonder if Id still get it if I picked up my parts. They are only about 25 minutes South of me, lol.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast