Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Deere Water Resistant Grease for 1025R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-10-2019 @ 11:28 PM
    Thanks

Deere Water Resistant Grease for 1025R

I stopped by my local dealer today to buy some grease for my 1025r. They recommended the Water Resistant grease in the blue label to use in my 1025r. Is this grease okay for use on the tractor , loader, backhoe and mower deck?
    Does anyone else use this grease?
    I would like to have one type of grease to use on all of my equipment.
    SulleyBear and Herminator like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:15 PM
    Thanks
    I used to use it on my JX85 push mower and GS30 WB mower, but dont anymore. Nothing wrong with it, just found it wasnt necessary.
    Now its SD Polyurea or HD Moly. I have a gun for each one, use the HD Moly for pins on the BH and Loader, Polyurea everywhere else, including the Exmark.
    The water resistant stuff is fine, but not necessary unless you are worried about water washing it out. Since I used to get caught in the rain, and also wash the mowers down all the time, thats why I used it. Turned out the regular stuff doesnt wash out from just a wash now and then, unless you are really trying.
    My dealer recommended the combo I have now. Or rather their setup guy did, who has been there for about 20 years now, and fixes the stuff the regular techs cant seem to, lol.

According to my 2025 manual, SD Polyurea or HD Moly are preferred.
    They do say that wet or high speed conditions may require special grease.

You certainly wont hurt anything using it if thats what you want to do.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Thanks
    It should work for the whole tractor. I have not used the Deere brand grease, I use the Lucas x-tra heavy duty grease for everything that has a zerk or bearing. I can also get it at my local parts store too being that closest JD dealer is 25 miles away. The Lucas grease is rated at 560 degrees while the JD grease is rated at 260 and both are water resistant, I try to use the highest rated grease.

https://lucasoil.com/products/grease...vy-duty-grease
    Herminator and PJR832 like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mopeman View Post
    It should work for the whole tractor. I have not used the Deere brand grease, I use the Lucas x-tra heavy duty grease for everything that has a zerk or bearing. I can also get it at my local parts store too being that closest JD dealer is 25 miles away. The Lucas grease is rated at 560 degrees while the JD grease is rated at 260 and both are water resistant, I try to use the highest rated grease.

https://lucasoil.com/products/grease...vy-duty-grease
    What does the rating of 260 deg pertain to? The dropping point? If so, I thought the JD polyurea grease had a 550 deg dropping point.
    The poly urea is pretty water resistant in its own right.
    Kennyd, PaDave, Herminator and 1 others like this.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    What does the rating of 260 deg pertain to? The dropping point? If so, I thought the JD polyurea grease had a 550 deg dropping point.
    The poly urea is pretty water resistant in its own right.
    The dropping point is when the grease goes from a semi-solid to liquid (i.e. "melting point"). The higher the rating, the better heat resistance of the grease. So for bearings that run fast and generate heat, the higher the dropping point, the better it is for them.
    Marlin and Herminator like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The dropping point is when the grease goes from a semi-solid to liquid (i.e. "melting point"). The higher the rating, the better heat resistance of the grease. So for bearings that run fast and generate heat, the higher the dropping point, the better it is for them.
    I know what dropping point is, I was asking if the that's what you were referring to. Where are you getting the idea that the JD grease has a dropping point of 260 deg (Celsius maybe).
    The JD poly urea grease has a much lower washout percentage than the grease you listed. 10% vs 2% loss.
    PJR832 likes this.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    I know what dropping point is, I was asking if the that's what you were referring to. Where are you getting the idea that the JD grease has a dropping point of 260 deg (Celsius maybe).
    The JD poly urea grease has a much lower washout percentage than the grease you listed. 10% vs 2% loss.
    Depending on which site you look at, it ranges from 260 to 360 degrees F...

https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/d...er-Resistant_2

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-29-2019 @ 12:07 AM
    Thanks
    If I remember my manual correctly, the substitute for all multi-use greases on machines and attachments is "NLGI No. 2" grease. NOT that it's the best grease, only that NLGI No. 2 grease is an ACCEPTABLE substitute. "If ya can't get the grease you want, use the grease that's available." You can always "re-grease" with your favorite stuff when you find the right stuff.

The most important factor in grease is how often one uses it.
    arlen and steveontheridge2 like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Depending on which site you look at, it ranges from 260 to 360 degrees F...

https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/d...er-Resistant_2
    In the link you posted, it shows the JD polyurea grease having a 500 deg F dropping point
    PJR832 likes this.
    JD 320D Skid Loader

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    I used to use it on my JX85 push mower and GS30 WB mower, but dont anymore. Nothing wrong with it, just found it wasnt necessary.
    Now its SD Polyurea or HD Moly. I have a gun for each one, use the HD Moly for pins on the BH and Loader, Polyurea everywhere else, including the Exmark.
    The water resistant stuff is fine, but not necessary unless you are worried about water washing it out. Since I used to get caught in the rain, and also wash the mowers down all the time, thats why I used it. Turned out the regular stuff doesnt wash out from just a wash now and then, unless you are really trying.
    My dealer recommended the combo I have now. Or rather their setup guy did, who has been there for about 20 years now, and fixes the stuff the regular techs cant seem to, lol.

According to my 2025 manual, SD Polyurea or HD Moly are preferred.
    They do say that wet or high speed conditions may require special grease.

You certainly wont hurt anything using it if thats what you want to do.
    I'm with Jim on this-just get a second grease gun and go with the manufacturers specifications, and make adjustments only if you have conditions that require it.

Whenever a JD dealer tells me that they use one grease for everything, I make a mental note to never take anything to them for service. To me, that statement raises the question - will the grease that they decide to use for everything be compatible with the recommended ones that I use? It also raises a bigger question - where else do they cut corners?

Jim - my manual specifies moly *only* for the backhoe, and polyurea for the FEL. It's odd that the specs would be different for the 2025r.
    Dave

1025r FILB: iMatch / JD 647 Tiller / JD LP 33814 60 Gallon Sprayer with 150" boom / LandPride CA1548 Core Aerator / Woods LR72 Landscape Rake with Titan wheel kit / King Kutter S-400-P Spreader / King Kutter Carry All / Frontier Pallet Forks / JD Ballast Box / ZTrak 915B Zero Turn / Heavy Hitch tooth bar / Frontier BB5048L Box Blade / Woods RB60 Scraper Blade

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast