Anyone use the Air-Tec Lub Shuttle grease gun?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Anyone use the Air-Tec Lub Shuttle grease gun?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 11:04 AM
    Thanks

Anyone use the Air-Tec Lub Shuttle grease gun?

I have a deep dislike for grease guns in general. Do not have much luck with them and it seems they are always a pain to refill and even if things go right are a mess to deal with. That being said I will be taking excellent care of my 2018 2025R so will be putting up with using a grease gun dedicated to the tractor.
    The Air-Tec Lube Shuttle seems like a user friendly system so am wondering if anyone uses it. The grease canister is unique to the Lube Shuttle system so would have to use there grease. I imagine that there grease would be compatible to the 2025R but would have to do a bit of research on that. Thanks
    2018 2025R with FEL, Auto Throttle Kit, Frontier RC2060 Rotary Cutter, JD Ballast Box, I-Match Quick Hitch, JD 3 Point Receiver Hitch, Artillian 3000 pound Fork Frame and Backrest with 42x3 inch Forks and Bucket Hoe, Kens Bolt On Hooks, Rhinohide Canopy, Frontier GM1060R mower, JD GT275 Garden Tractor with 48 inch deck, JD 145 Automatic Lawn Tractor with 48 inch deck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:26 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mahd7766 View Post
    I have a deep dislike for grease guns in general. Do not have much luck with them and it seems they are always a pain to refill and even if things go right are a mess to deal with. That being said I will be taking excellent care of my 2018 2025R so will be putting up with using a grease gun dedicated to the tractor.
    The Air-Tec Lube Shuttle seems like a user friendly system so am wondering if anyone uses it. The grease canister is unique to the Lube Shuttle system so would have to use there grease. I imagine that there grease would be compatible to the 2025R but would have to do a bit of research on that. Thanks
    never heard of this kind of grease gun before. u got any pics or info of it??
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    12-06-2019 @ 09:24 PM
    Thanks
    BigJim55 likes this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GUS FINK For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (06-28-2018)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:11 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,301 Posts
    I saw Tractor Mike pushing this unit. The bold item above is the main reason I would stay away from this unit. Since it takes a proprietary grease tube the selection of grease is very limited and you can only get it from one source. I would stick to the grease that is recommended for your tractor. Most of us use the JD SD Polyurea which is very inexpensive and readily available anywhere.

Grease guns that take a 14 oz. cartridge have been around for half a century. I'll admit they can be a bit messy but I've never had an issue changing cartridges. Just buy a decent quality gun that has a spring loaded vent button and you won't have any problems.

And if you want to make greasing a mess free pleasure, put a Lock 'N Lube coupler on whatever grease gun you buy. You will look FORWARD to greasing your tractor - I promise.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lock-lube.jpg  
    Last edited by jgayman; 06-28-2018 at 08:40 AM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Thanks
    I have the lock and lube coupler on a dewalt grease gun. Has turned a dreaded task into a somewhat fun one. No mess. Easy to do by yourself. I’ve never seen that grease gun before but if they quit making the grease tubes for it your stuck with an expensive paperweight. I would look at ones that take a common grease tube. Just my opinion. My wife thought the $200 dewalt grease gun was most ridiculous thing ever but then she remembered its for a 20k lawnmower. We like what we like. Lol. I’m always on the hunt for a “better mousetrap” to make lifes chores a little easier and more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Alex-

2018 2025R
    60" MMM
    120R Loader
    AV10F Frontier snow plow
    AP10F 42" Frontier pallet forks
    Blue Diamond Toothbar
    Kens Bolt on Hooks
    5 Ft KK Box Blade
    Carry All
    Single Row Cultivator
    KK Middle Buster

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I will throw out a few more recommendations. JD offers two grease guns, one lever and one pistol grip. I'm not just recommending these as a JD fanboy. I have one of each of these. Obviously JD doesn't make them but they are very well built grease guns. They are 10,000 PSI and 7,500 PSI respectively and they have spring loaded relief valves to eliminate priming problems. They are also very competitively priced.

Heavy-duty silver grease guns

Lever action gun (TY26288)

Features:

· Develops 10,000 PSI
    · Lever action with rubber grip
    · 3-way loading, 14-oz. cartridge, 16-oz. Suction, or bulk filling
    · Bulk loader fitting standard
    · Rigid extension and heavy-duty coupler
    · Air bleeder valve standard
    · Automatic variable stroke
    · Lightweight and strong- results in less customer fatigue
    · 1-year warranty

Lever action gun (TY26288)

Pistol-grip gun (TY26689)

Features:

· Unique dual-leverage design allows choice between high-pressure or high-volume output
    · Develops 7,500 PSI
    · Ergonomic rugged cast aluminum handle
    · Rigid extension and coupler standard
    · 18-in. whip hose and coupler standard
    · 3-way loading
    · Air bleeder valve standard
    · Heavy-duty follower spring to maintain prime
    · 1-year warranty

Pistol-grip gun (TY26689)

Now... I've already recommended the Lock 'N Lube coupler and there a couple other things that will make your greasing chores painless and on the verge of pleasurable.

Flexzilla Grease Hose with Spring Guard 36 in. x 1/8 in. - L2965FZSP

This will give you long reach to get to any zerk while keeping the grease gun out in the clear where it is easy to operate. The hose is super flexible like a wet noodle and handles 10,000 PSI

If you have problems with the grease dripping out the bottom of the gun in hot weather, Lock 'N Lube offers a GunDom cover that eliminates the mess. Yes, it looks silly but it WORKS! The $9.95 kit also comes with a little rubber cover for your grease coupler which further reduces the mess.

You can thank me later. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gundom.jpg   Flexilla.jpg  
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (06-28-2018), mahd7766 (06-28-2018)

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvdeere View Post
    I have the lock and lube coupler on a dewalt grease gun. Has turned a dreaded task into a somewhat fun one. No mess. Easy to do by yourself. I’ve never seen that grease gun before but if they quit making the grease tubes for it your stuck with an expensive paperweight. I would look at ones that take a common grease tube. Just my opinion. My wife thought the $200 dewalt grease gun was most ridiculous thing ever but then she remembered its for a 20k lawnmower. We like what we like. Lol. I’m always on the hunt for a “better mousetrap” to make lifes chores a little easier and more fun.
    The problem with a Lock 'N Lube on a cordless grease gun is it makes greasing very enjoyable but you'll quickly have all of your own equipment greased and you will be tempted to roam the neighborhood looking for zerks!

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 10:59 AM
    Thanks
    I HAVE THE Milwaukee m18 grease gun and both the short and long loc-n-lube tips. The grease gun is a blast. I gave my 2 year old Lincoln Air powered gun to my son.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 11:04 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the advise and tips. Stopped at my JD dealer today and picked up some tubes of the JD Polyurea grease. I asked a parts counter guy who seems to know his stuff what I could used on tractor and rotary cutter and thats what he recommended. I picked up a brochure on the way out about the JD grease guns which I see are available in green so thinking I want one of those...….especially if I can get a yellow GunDom and a yellow Flexzilla grease hose...….talk about a JD dedicated grease gun!
    2018 2025R with FEL, Auto Throttle Kit, Frontier RC2060 Rotary Cutter, JD Ballast Box, I-Match Quick Hitch, JD 3 Point Receiver Hitch, Artillian 3000 pound Fork Frame and Backrest with 42x3 inch Forks and Bucket Hoe, Kens Bolt On Hooks, Rhinohide Canopy, Frontier GM1060R mower, JD GT275 Garden Tractor with 48 inch deck, JD 145 Automatic Lawn Tractor with 48 inch deck.

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the advise and tips. Stopped at my JD dealer today and picked up some tubes of the JD Polyurea grease. I asked a parts counter guy who seems to know his stuff what I could used on tractor and rotary cutter and thats what he recommended. I picked up a brochure on the way out about the JD grease guns which I see are available in green so thinking I want one of those...….especially if I can get a yellow GunDom and a yellow Flexzilla grease hose...….talk about a JD dedicated grease gun!
    Be sure to check the specifications before purchasing. I don't think the black and green guns are the same as the silver guns. The silver guns and part numbers I show above are described as heavy duty and are built different. They are also higher pressure. I think you'll find that the black/green ones are less expensive which should tell you something. I'm not saying the colored ones are junk, they just aren't built like the silver ones.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast