Liquitube Product, very large price variations depending upon source.
Like Tree22Likes
  • 9 Post By SulleyBear
  • 5 Post By Treefarmer
  • 2 Post By jgayman
  • 1 Post By johnH123
  • 3 Post By Treefarmer
  • 1 Post By mjncad
  • 1 Post By Treefarmer

Thread: Liquitube Product, very large price variations depending upon source.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,498 Posts

Liquitube Product, very large price variations depending upon source.

I have a front tire on my 1025r which despite having been to the Agricultural Tire store twice for repairs, continues to lose a little air along the bead. I am going to add Liquitube into the front wheel on that side to help seal the wheel. Those front tires have a very short sidewall and do not like to run tubes as they pinch and then puncture the tube when pinched, so this product seems to be a good answer to my problem.

Several GTT members I have spoken with have used Liquitube and had very good results, including GTT member TreeFarmer. It was at his encouragement, I decided to give this product a try.

When I checked on Amazon today, I found a very wide variation in the same sized bottle prices. You can order this product with anywhere from a 16 oz bottle to a 256 gallon commercial sized tote (which sells for $8,999.99). But different supplier sources on Amazon offered these price ranges;

32oz sized Bottle (unless indicated), all sources are selling through the Amazon site.

$82.47 plus $7.95 shipping (32oz size)

$59.37 plus $7.95 (for a 16oz Bottle)

$21.95 (Shipping to be calculated) (32oz size)

$29.99 plus $12.95 shipping (32 oz size)

I went directly to LiquiTube's main website and ordered the 32 oz bottle size for $19.99 plus $10 shipping....

Here is the link.

https://liquitube.com/products/

They accepted Paypal and that's how I paid. Not sure why the crazy price variations on the other sources, but if you need this product, I would suggest going right to their website and buying it direct.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike (08-09-2018), mjncad (08-11-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:31 PM
    Thanks

Good info

Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I have a front tire on my 1025r which despite having been to the Agricultural Tire store twice for repairs, continues to lose a little air along the bead. I am going to add Liquitube into the front wheel on that side to help seal the wheel. Those front tires have a very short sidewall and do not like to run tubes as they pinch and then puncture the tube when pinched, so this product seems to be a good answer to my problem.

Several GTT members I have spoken with have used Liquitube and had very good results, including GTT member TreeFarmer. It was at his encouragement, I decided to give this product a try.

When I checked on Amazon today, I found a very wide variation in the same sized bottle prices. You can order this product with anywhere from a 16 oz bottle to a 256 gallon commercial sized tote (which sells for $8,999.99). But different supplier sources on Amazon offered these price ranges;

32oz sized Bottle (unless indicated), all sources are selling through the Amazon site.

$82.47 plus $7.95 shipping (32oz size)

$59.37 plus $7.95 (for a 16oz Bottle)

$21.95 (Shipping to be calculated) (32oz size)

$29.99 plus $12.95 shipping (32 oz size)

I went directly to LiquiTube's main website and ordered the 32 oz bottle size for $19.99 plus $10 shipping....

Here is the link.

https://liquitube.com/products/

They accepted Paypal and that's how I paid. Not sure why the crazy price variations on the other sources, but if you need this product, I would suggest going right to their website and buying it direct.
    Obviously, Amazon is not always the best price. I'll be interested to see your evaluation of the product. The one time that I've used it, it worked well and I was pleased. I bought a gallon jug which comes with a pump and still have over 3 quarts left. If no critical needs show up in the near future, I'll proactively put some in mower tires.

One tip- I underinflated my wheelbarrow tire when I first put the Liquitube in so it didn't find all the leaks. I added a few more pounds of air and in a minute or two it had sealed everything. Mind you, this is a tire that had multiple cracks in the tread but I thought it would be a good test.

Treefarmer
    Last edited by Treefarmer; 08-09-2018 at 04:47 PM.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,299 Posts
    From what I have been reading and the demos I've seen TireJect seems to be about the best tire sealer out there.
    Levi and johnH123 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 01:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    From what I have been reading and the demos I've seen TireJect seems to be about the best tire sealer out there.

Kind of rambley, but hey... skip to 10:24 for relevant part
    Treefarmer likes this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks

Very similar product Tireject and Liquitube

Quote Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post

Kind of rambley, but hey... skip to 10:24 for relevant part
    That looks like a very similar product to Liquitube. It's pricier by the quantity but appears to use somewhat less per tire. On a tire to tire basis, they might be similar cost. It's interesting that apparently at least two different companies came up with almost identical products and got them to market at roughly the same time.

Treefarmer
    Levi, SulleyBear and Boonie like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Thanks
    How similar is Liquitube to Slime?
    I have more ideas than ambition.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    Obviously, Amazon is not always the best price.

Treefarmer
    When you see wide price variations on Cramazon; it's from the third parties that partner with them as they know people are lazy and shop Cramazon first thinking they are the best deal.

I decided to buy an Optivisor set that has every lens power Donegan offers in a well built foam lined case with real hinges and latches; not living hinges. I found prices ranging from $250 to over $300 on Cramazon. Granny Google found the same thing for $200 from a company selling stuff for old geezers.

It pays to shop around.
    Treefarmer likes this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks

Somewhat different

Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    How similar is Liquitube to Slime?
    I think it's more liquid and easier to remove from a tire or rim. Liquitube seems to rely as much on the fibers in the product as it does on the liquid rubber but I only remember using Slime one time.

Treefarmer
    mjncad likes this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Treefarmer For This Useful Post:

mjncad (08-13-2018)

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements