• 2 Post By Drifterbike
  • 1 Post By martincom

Thread: Relays

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:15 AM
    Thanks

Relays

Good morning, I was hoping somebody can help me with a wiring diagram to wire up a linear actuater. I know deere has solenoids in the older electric lift but i would like to use small relays(limited space). I know how to wire up a dpdt switch but i thought a couple relays would be more reliable any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,Rick

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-15-2019 @ 03:00 PM
    Thanks
    Relays are a fairly straight forward piece of equipment. Think of them as remote switches that are operated by another switch located somewhere else....unless you are trying to use them to reverse polarity in which there are ways of wiring SPST (single pole single throw) to act like SPDP (single throw double pole) or DPDT (double pole double throw) then it gets a little bit harder!

What is it you are trying to accomplish, I might be able to give you some help...good or otherwise!
    JD4044M likes this.
    Without data, you are just another man with an opinion.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1025r TLB
    - 54" MMM
    - 49" 120 FEL with Piranha tooth bar
    - 260 Backhoe with 12" and 16" Buckets
    - 5' County Line Box Blade
    - FSP700 Spreader

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:44 AM
    Thanks
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...-switches.html

This is a great thread by Gator Bite. really helped me understand them.
    Kennyd and Tomfive like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 02:37 AM
    Thanks
    Rick, Unless the amp load on the linear actuator is more than a switch will handle, $ & ¢ wise...and space too... you'll be better off with a 3 position dpdt rocker switch or momentary toggle switch. You'll need a switch anyhow, so why add relays? In case you go with a single toggle or rocker switch, here's a quick schematic. VERIFY terminal connections before wiring, some switches are connected internally. Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dpdt toggle.jpg  
    '80 317 w/18hp B&S and divert valve for rear hydraulics, 3 pt hitch, 5' york rake
    '82 314 w/rear PTO for tiller
    33 tiller
    49 thrower
    54 4 way blade
    Mod 48 deck & Mod 462 TracVac

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Thanks
    If your heart is set on relays, the link drifterbike provided has a nice drawing. That being said, it is really not necessary if you're utilizing a quality switch...and you'll want a quality switch not just for the current handling capabilities, but dust and water sealing. I utilized a Carlington switch and a 10 amp self resetting circuit breaker for mine. Here is a link to the thread I authored on cab wiring. Within that, I included links to where I sourced the switch and other components:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...all-1025r.html
    Drifterbike likes this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

8. The Following User Says Thank You to martincom For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike (03-27-2019)

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:15 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the replys. I am open to just running a good quality switch. What i was planning to do is hook up a linear actuater for an late 80 s early 90s year old man that doesnt have the strenght to lift his snowblower on his lawn tractor any more. I had the thought that if I used relays to wire up the actuator it might be more reliable for him, but I am all about making it simple just as well. I just wasn't sure where I could find a switch that I thought would be robust enough to be reliable for him. It's on a 2000 series cub cadet which is truly an MTD product. He asked about some type of hydraulics so I went searching on you tube and seen something very close to what he has, They are using an actuator.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    11-15-2019 @ 03:00 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rgoody View Post
    Thanks for all the replys. I am open to just running a good quality switch. What i was planning to do is hook up a linear actuater for an late 80 s early 90s year old man that doesnt have the strenght to lift his snowblower on his lawn tractor any more. I had the thought that if I used relays to wire up the actuator it might be more reliable for him, but I am all about making it simple just as well. I just wasn't sure where I could find a switch that I thought would be robust enough to be reliable for him. It's on a 2000 series cub cadet which is truly an MTD product. He asked about some type of hydraulics so I went searching on you tube and seen something very close to what he has, They are using an actuator.
    There are lots of switches out there to chose from. If you want a rocker just change the word "toggle" to "rocker" in the search box.
    https://www.google.com/search?newwin...j0.tUrpU7QF-cc
    Without data, you are just another man with an opinion.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1025r TLB
    - 54" MMM
    - 49" 120 FEL with Piranha tooth bar
    - 260 Backhoe with 12" and 16" Buckets
    - 5' County Line Box Blade
    - FSP700 Spreader

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Thanks
    For best reliability select a switch based on current capacity and pick one with more than enough.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements