Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: China carburetor

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 12:55 PM
    Thanks

China carburetor

Hello, I bought several CARBURETORS from CHINA Very cheap for my HONDA 216 series 6.5 hp motor and it still serges as if something is still clogged just like the old carb. Is there a way modify these aftermarket Chinese Carburetor. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Thanks
    Maybe the problem wasn't the carburetor?
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Thanks
    I had picked up another Stihl trimmer at a garage sale that had been sitting for an extended time. The carb was gummed up pretty good. You don't rebuild these carbs, just replace them---as the replacements are relatively cheap even from Stihl. The Stihl carb is made in China, so I thought I would bypass the middleman and purchase a replacement direct from a Chinese vendor on Ebay. It didn't work with a hoot. They refunded my purchase price after a few back and forth questions. I ordered the replacement from a Stihl dealer. Works like a champ.

So, the moral of the story is: If it walks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck,---it is not always a duck!
    glc, etcallhome, Tomfive and 5 others like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Hello martincom,
    I知 thinking the same thing, it did look like a pretty good copy but I知 gonna need to stick to OEM PARTS.
    THANKS

Herminator and firemachine69 like this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Thanks
    My Mantis tiller was purchased with a gummed up carb, and fuel tank.
    I cleaned the tank, and bought the cheapest carb I could find on Amazon...

My now,, $35 total cost tiller,, runs like a champ.
    I only use 93 octane non-ethanol gas, and Stihl synthetic oil.

It ALWAYS starts by the third pull,, and has surprising power,,,
    I am now on the fourth summer of using it,,,
    Tomfive and Herminator like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-25-2019 @ 10:14 AM
    Thanks
    China carb might be ok, but you might have to crank the needles a bit. Are there adjusting screws anywhere? Lots of videos out there, but I'd start with the top end screw and clockwise 1/8 turn. Or maybe CCW; YMMV.

OEM gaskets replaced with verified OEM gaskets?

Fresh non ethanol gas everywhere? A can of some high zoot stuff (VP or Tru-Fuel) might help, or verify what works and what doesn't.

Is it a GC160 motor? Pics might help. Also make sure there's no crud in the tank, spark plug is good and air filter is clean/new. A tuneup kit and tank removal/cleanout will help eliminate possibilities. Is the auto-choke spring OK? Is the linkage bent?

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Hello 9mmmac
    I値l give that a try, I did buy a half dozen of those Chinese carburetors so I値l try 1 or 2 other ones to see if it痴 all the same. Not sure what series the motor is, I値l add some pics.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 11:34 PM
    Thanks
    I've had mixed results with the offshore carbs. I stick with an OEM carb just on the principle that my time is worth something, as the cheapos don't last very long.

YMMV, of course.
    Toughsox likes this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:53 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,599 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregmartin View Post
    Hello, I bought several CARBURETORS from CHINA Very cheap for my HONDA 216 series 6.5 hp motor and it still serges as if something is still clogged just like the old carb. Is there a way modify these aftermarket Chinese Carburetor. Thanks

For my non two stroke stuff, running this in the gasoline has seemed to end my "ethanol / carb / fuel headaches" as that ethanol tends to wreck all fuel systems given the chance..............each small bottle treats 6 gallons of gas and since using this, I haven't had any fuel issues in the "regular gas". I run it in my zero turn as well...........

I bought the small bottles to try it and since then, I have reordered in larger bottles as the cost is much better. I refill the small bottles and use them as its handy to dump a small bottle into the fuel jug when filling them instead of trying to measure it at that time at the gas station.....

Amazon.com: Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment - Gas Formula - Shooter 2 Pack: Sports Outdoors
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 06-07-2019 at 09:29 AM. Reason: added content

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    06-17-2019 @ 02:42 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    For my non two stroke stuff, running this in the gasoline has seemed to end my "ethanol / carb / fuel headaches" as that ethanol tends to wreck all fuel systems given the chance..............each small bottle treats 6 gallons of gas and since using this, I haven't had any fuel issues in the "regular gas".
    Mr Bear,

The nearest fuel stop is 8 miles away and they happen to have ethanol free (non oxygenated) gasoline. Would you recommend the miracle stuff from Amazon over the ethanol free gasoline? I usually get the ethanol free fuel for the small engines. Usually pump a gallon or so into the pickup first to flush the ethanol polluted gas from the pump and hose, then fill my container(s). Also put in stabilizer.
    2032R classic, H130 Loader, 46 Backhoe, 54" Snowblower,
    214 (1978), 46 mower with powerflow bagger, 31 tiller, 37A snow thrower
    some other stuff

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast