So, how do you dispose of your used hydraulic oil after a service? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: So, how do you dispose of your used hydraulic oil after a service?

1. Top | #21
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:19 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    I do the same as my dealer heats with it also.
    Mine too. I pour the waste oil into a 5 gallon old hydraulic oil bucket. Then take the bucket to dealer. They pour it in their large tank and hand me the bucket back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi, BigJim55, jimmylh and 2 others like this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #22
    tj1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 AM
    Thanks
    I usually wait until dark then dump it near my tree hugger trouble maker neighbors well that we all hate. Ok, that's not true, Our local transfer station takes it with no questions asked and I've never asked what they do with it but they are into recycling. As far as our neighbor goes they are exactly what I said and just to piss them off I got a bumper sticker for my hummer that says "my carbon footprint is bigger than yours".. he hates me and everyone else in the neighborhood which is very sparse,, city boy trying to be a country he man. He wouldn't touch oil if his life depended on it. He has an electric lawn mower too. sorry to go off track but you all know me by now!
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

4. Top | #23
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Thanks
    Oil comes from underground.
    So dumping waste oil back onto the ground is the purest form of recycling that there is.
    etcallhome, BigJim55, tj1 and 1 others like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #24
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,105 Times in 2,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post
    Oil comes from underground.
    So dumping waste oil back onto the ground is the purest form of recycling that there is.
    Um, no. That’s not correct.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

7. Top | #25
    SRG
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:36 PM
    Thanks
    Never seen Fight Club? You can fertilize your lawn with used motor oil.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.

1997 JD 870 (28hp Yanmar), FWA, R1's, 300x loader, 61" bucket, 42" Titan forks, Pat's Easy Change.
    [Woods HBL72-2 rear blade, 72" KK box blade, 72" KK landscape rake, 72" Titan pine straw rake, 60" KK tiller, 60" rotary cutter, middle buster, boom pole]
    2004 JD 797 (29hp Kawasaki) Z-Trak, 72" 7-Iron deck, Mulch blades, Carlisle AT101's.
    Stihl: MS250C/18", FS70R, HS45/18".

8. Top | #26
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,300 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    I use all of my waste oil to start brush piles on fire. I do use a small amount of hydraulic oil to lubricate things like my hay conveyer.
    what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post
    It makes great dust control until some nosey do-gooder oversteps their bounds.
    well many moons ago i rigged up a pipe on a 55 gal barrel-and did dust patrol on our 1/4 mile lane--man it worked beautiful u could wash ur cars and no dust floating thru the air-as it seemed every one up the hollar decided to drive out at that time then.

so fast forward a few yrs of me doing this-and someone turned me in for it--township came told me i had to quit it-so i didn't go the whole way down our lane to the township road---that lasted for a couple yrs--and they showed up again.

so then for dust control i got me several bags of urea at farm burea in town--had way more hand work with using a shovel-but it worked good. so glad i don't share a lane no more.
    etcallhome, rtgt, Levi and 3 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

9. Top | #27
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tj1 View Post
    I usually wait until dark then dump it near my tree hugger trouble maker neighbors well that we all hate. Ok, that's not true, Our local transfer station takes it with no questions asked and I've never asked what they do with it but they are into recycling. As far as our neighbor goes they are exactly what I said and just to piss them off I got a bumper sticker for my hummer that says "my carbon footprint is bigger than yours".. he hates me and everyone else in the neighborhood which is very sparse,, city boy trying to be a country he man. He wouldn't touch oil if his life depended on it. He has an electric lawn mower too. sorry to go off track but you all know me by now!
    Friend of mine has a bumper sticker that says Go buy a Prius. More gas for me
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, rtgt and 4 others like this.

10. Top | #28
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

well many moons ago i rigged up a pipe on a 55 gal barrel-and did dust patrol on our 1/4 mile lane--man it worked beautiful u could wash ur cars and no dust floating thru the air-as it seemed every one up the hollar decided to drive out at that time then.

so fast forward a few yrs of me doing this-and someone turned me in for it--township came told me i had to quit it-so i didn't go the whole way down our lane to the township road---that lasted for a couple yrs--and they showed up again.

so then for dust control i got me several bags of urea at farm burea in town--had way more hand work with using a shovel-but it worked good. so glad i don't share a lane no more.
    We were small farmers, so we only generated 30 gallons of waste oil/year. (give or take)
    This 30 gal/year turned a 10' x 20' area of gravel to an asphalt like surface. Grass in the surrounding area totally unaffected.

Our neighbor at the lake had access to waste oil from a service station, and we literally covered the road by our places with oil once/year. Again, an asphalt like surface with grass thriving right up to the edge. We had shallow sand point wells for our water that everyone drank, water quality was un-affected.

My point.... using oil as dust control in a responsible manner will not harm a thing.........except your wallet if some ass clown busy body decides to be a tattle tail.
    etcallhome, arlen, rtgt and 5 others like this.

11. Top | #29
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Thanks
    Used to be a fairly common and effective practice to oil roads.

Sure it will get into something, eventually.

Won't be a fast as the stuff they are injecting into cattle & hogs. Chickens just aren't real anymore.

The things we used to do that have been deemed unsafe or improper have been replaced by much more advanced methods of chemical poisoning.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 5 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

12. Top | #30
    tj1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    Used to be a fairly common and effective practice to oil roads.

Sure it will get into something, eventually.

Won't be a fast as the stuff they are injecting into cattle & hogs. Chickens just aren't real anymore.

The things we used to do that have been deemed unsafe or improper have been replaced by much more advanced methods of chemical poisoning.

Around where I live they still do the oil and either sand or stone thing. I suppose the oil is some type of approved oil just for roads! There are also recycling businesses that take contaminated dirt and extract the oil or gas and make a "cold" asphalt product for driveways etc.. How can that be safe? I know an auto body/repair shop that stained their building with used motor oil years ago and it still looks like the day they did it.. stinks when applied but he didnt care, it's a business building not a house where you would open your windows. he has since moved to SC and I bet he did the same thing there.
    Anyway I recycle my used oils and fluids as stated at the transfer station. I don't want to pollute anything. Here in Ma, the DEP or EPA would throw you in jail for doing so,, they love their jobs. You can't even have a burn barrel anymore to get rid of your paper trash that go to the dump!
    arlen, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast