• 1 Post By jgayman
  • 1 Post By Ripsaw

Thread: 5085M LED replacement bulbs

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-30-2019 @ 03:11 PM
    Thanks

5085M LED replacement bulbs

I noticed awhile back that there was a post with a list/recommendations for LED replacement bulbs for smaller JDís. Does any such list/resource exist for a 5085M? Iíve attempted to research replacements on my own, and the more I look, the more confused I get. Eventually I would like to replace all of them, but right now I need replacements for the OEM spot/flood lights that are mounted on the fenders and ROPS. I know that they make sealed LED replacements for those, but they are $$$. Iíd like to just try a bulb replacement if possible. Thanks.
    2016 5085M, EA 84Ē Large Shank Boxblade, Bush Hog BH516, Kenís lift hooks and receiver mount

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Thanks
    Do you know the number of the stock bulb your tractor is currently using?
    I could probably cross reference that to a suitable bulb for ya.
    Ripsaw likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Most, including myself found LED replacement bulbs to be lacking in performance. The issue is not limited to the 5085M. Itís because the reflectors are designed for halogen bulbs. When I replaced mine the LED bulb ďlookedĒ brighter to my eye but the light never seemed to reach the ground.

I eventually ended up replacing the entire work light with a LED unit which worked much better.
    Ripsaw likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Most, including myself found LED replacement bulbs to be lacking in performance. The issue is not limited to the 5085M. Itís because the reflectors are designed for halogen bulbs. When I replaced mine the LED bulb ďlookedĒ brighter to my eye but the light never seemed to reach the ground.

I eventually ended up replacing the entire work light with a LED unit which worked much better.
    I guess the LED unit it is for the work lights at least. Thanks for the info.
    2016 5085M, EA 84Ē Large Shank Boxblade, Bush Hog BH516, Kenís lift hooks and receiver mount

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
    Do you know the number of the stock bulb your tractor is currently using?
    I could probably cross reference that to a suitable bulb for ya.
    Iíll probably go with the LED worklight units based on jgaymanís advice, but Iíll see what the other bulb #ís are (headlights, etc) and replace them. Iíll advise. Thanks.
    Toughsox likes this.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements