What Is The Difference From A John Deere OEM and Aftermarket Mower Blades
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: What Is The Difference From A John Deere OEM and Aftermarket Mower Blades

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Thanks

What Is The Difference From A John Deere OEM and Aftermarket Mower Blades

We all know what type of mower blades are on a new John Deere Ztrak… They are called OEM blades. Correct?. So, here's the details on the so-called "aftermarket" blades. John Deere owns a company named...Sunbelt Outdoor Products, who makes all of John Deere lawn tractors mowing blades. Now, comes the big 700 million dollar question. Sunbelt Outdoor Products also makes what is called "aftermarket" blades, and they are labeled Sunbelt XHT types and sizes. Same material, same "specs" as the OEM ones. Sunbelt Outdoor Products sell these blades to firms like GreenPartStore - John Deere Parts and More - Parts for John Deere Lawn Tractors, John Deere Lawn & Garden Tractors, John Deere Mowers, John Deere Attachments, John Deere Accessories. and others firms that sell John Deere tractor and mower parts. etc. In past, it's been known that "aftermarket" products usually arrives from a overseas manufacturer.
    With that being said, can we say that any firm that sells Sunbelt Outdoor Proucts mower blades is also a OEM blade?

Description

Sunbelt XHT Mower Blade for 54-inch John Deere Deck

With Sunbelt XHT (Xtreme Hardness & Toughness) blades it starts with the steel, featuring a unique steel that incorporates boron, carbon, manganese, and other materials that ensure its strength. The final step in the XHT process is the patented and independently tested Marbain® heat-treating process. This process makes XHT blades approximately 25% - 40% harder than standard lawnmower blades,making them the longest-lasting, safest and most impact resistant lawnmower blades on the market.

Benefits of the XHT mower blade:
    •Cutting edges stay sharper longer
    •Wear resistance in the most strenuous conditions
    •Impact toughnes
    •Resistance to bending
    •Tightest tolerances in the aftermarket vs. OEM
    •Can be used in place of M135334

Blade specifications:
    •19-inches long, 2-1/2-inches wide, .250 thick with 7/8-inch arbor hole

Distributed by Sunbelt Outdoor Products a John Deere company

NOTE: Please read the last line in the above Mower Blade description.....

Features

Sunbelt Outdoor Products: Product Catalog
    Last edited by kbeaag; 10-05-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    Herminator likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    Thanks
    I buy Gator mulching blades for my Z445. They seem to last longer, cut better, mulch better, and are a little cheaper.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    TO THE PERSON THAT MOVED THIS THREAD:

Where did you moved it to: There may be others that would like to know where!!!!. Are do you know where you moved it. A 6 years old child would have mention the location. GEE WIZ... Some need to go back to the 1st Grade

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Thanks
    KB, "In past, it's been known that "aftermarket" products usually arrives from a overseas manufacturer." Lemme comment on this:

Over sea parts, to me, fall into 3 classifications: Pure crap, they'll work, and WOW, better & cheaper than a USA made part. 100% of the time this is up to the supplier/purchaser to spec out what he/she wants and then inspect & verify they got it. I worked for a company that started outsourcing parts from Taiwan. Our material specs and tolerances were very precise/tight! The first few parts we received were not to our spec and were rejected. Eventually, nearly 2 years later, we were getting parts to our specs at 1/3 the cost if we made them here in the states. Specifications are the key. You can order a mower blade from an overseas source with a material spec, " that incorporates boron, carbon, manganese, and other materials" and made to specific dwg. sizes. You can also order a "mower blade." You can get both! One is what you want, the other may (??) work.

Today's' world is a global economy. Parts are made/purchased from who knows where. OEM now means that the manufacturer of the original equipment is responsible (hopefully!!) for the quality of the repair part and not that the original manufacturer actually made the part. Bob
    Herminator likes this.
    '80 317 w/18hp B&S and divert valve for rear hydraulics, 3 pt hitch, 5' york rake
    '82 314 w/rear PTO for tiller
    33 tiller
    49 thrower
    54 4 way blade
    Mod 48 deck & Mod 462 TracVac

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
    I buy Gator mulching blades for my Z445. They seem to last longer, cut better, mulch better, and are a little cheaper.
    It all depends on who's Gator blades you buy. Oregon, Stenn, and many others make the Gator blades. I don't know if John Deere owns the Gator name. if so, there are many that make this style mower blade without paying Deere royalty fee.
    I cannot use Gator's on my Z710A, as I have the mulching kit installed, and Gator blades don't work too well with mulching kits...I've been informed.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,018 Times in 635 Posts
    There's no reason to get all bent out of shape and belittle the admins because your thread was moved.

I don't know where your thread was before, but it's in the Tractor and Equipment Maintenance forum now, which is where it belongs and where I would have looked for it.
    - Phil -
    *Spinner Free* LT160 Garden Tractor
    *Spinner Free* 3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    *Spinner Free* John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - Edge Tamers

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OxPath For This Useful Post:

Superglidesport (10-06-2019)

10. Top | #7
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,315 Times in 2,596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbeaag View Post
    TO THE PERSON THAT MOVED THIS THREAD:

Where did you moved it to: There may be others that would like to know where!!!!. Are do you know where you moved it. A 6 years old child would have mention the location. GEE WIZ... Some need to go back to the 1st Grade
    Maybe you should read....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 12.04.15 PM.png  
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kbeaag View Post
    It all depends on who's Gator blades you buy. Oregon, Stenn, and many others make the Gator blades. I don't know if John Deere owns the Gator name. if so, there are many that make this style mower blade without paying Deere royalty fee.
    I cannot use Gator's on my Z710A, as I have the mulching kit installed, and Gator blades don't work too well with mulching kits...I've been informed.
    The (Oregon) Gator mulching blades I use work great with my Z445 48" deck with mulching kit.

I don't know anything about who owns the Gator name...sounds like John Deere's problem, not mine.
    Last edited by MacCool; 10-06-2019 at 12:42 PM.
    rtgt likes this.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Thanks
    The (Oregon) Gator mulching blades I use work great with my Z445 48" deck with mulching kit.

I don't know anything about who owns the Gator name...sounds like John Deere's problem, not mine.
    I have Both Predator & Gator Blade's for My 54C deck On My X748 I really can't tell or see the difference in Performance. The Predator Name Is just John Deere's Internal Name for there Sun Belt Made version of Oregon's Gator Blade's either Brand Cut's about the same. Some series of the Oregon Made Gator Blade's are a Bit thicker(depends On which series of Gator Blades You Buy) then the Sun Belt Made Predator's
    BigJim55 likes this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,XUV 835M
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
    I have Both Predator & Gator Blade's for My 54C deck On My X748 I really can't tell or see the difference in Performance. The Predator Name Is just John Deere's Internal Name for there Sun Belt Made version of Oregon's Gator Blade's either Brand Cut's about the same. Some series of the Oregon Made Gator Blade's are a Bit thicker(depends On which series of Gator Blades You Buy) then the Sun Belt Made Predator's
    They cut/mulch my lawn better on my 48 inch deck. I not only can see the difference, I can hear the difference .

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast