Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree275Likes

Thread: Do you clean your tractor?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Thanks

Do you clean your tractor?

Just got done using my fel on my 1023e pushing a little dirt and also had the deck on before that mulching leaves and boy howdy was Little Johnny dirty! Being a painter in a truck manufacturing plant and also doing a little detailing on the side makes me a little OCD when it comes to my stuff so it was out with the pressure washer and before I knew it, I had used some left over ceramic coating on my tractor and deck! Does anyone else out there get carried away like me? Share some stories and pictures!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1D295AB8-ADB7-40B5-B096-A81DBFFF2739.jpeg   128A6479-990E-446B-8A00-ED9392EB94C4.jpeg   1A1FDDD8-F71C-474A-982D-C55440E6B64F.jpeg   D23E8382-4806-4706-91EB-9879EBE2AD43.jpeg  
    glc, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 12 others like this.
    Wildbill
    1023e
    RB5060L rear blade
    SS1023B broadcast spreader
    “54 Quick Attach Snow Blade
    “54 Quick Attach Mower Deck
    Homemade Carryall
    120R FEL Thanks to my GTT Friends!

With overtime money more to come!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Thanks

Looks nice

Quote Originally Posted by Bill56 View Post
    Just got done using my fel on my 1023e pushing a little dirt and also had the deck on before that mulching leaves and boy howdy was Little Johnny dirty! Being a painter in a truck manufacturing plant and also doing a little detailing on the side makes me a little OCD when it comes to my stuff so it was out with the pressure washer and before I knew it, I had used some left over ceramic coating on my tractor and deck! Does anyone else out there get carried away like me? Share some stories and pictures!
    If my 790 gets a wash, it's a good day. I normally only pressure wash it if it's really dirty or about once a year for general maintenance. I'm not knocking your efforts, it looks really good but I don't see me ever going that far.

Let's don't even talk about the 40 year old tractors on the farm. Just having paint on them is a plus. . .

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Treefarmer For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (11-23-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,710 Times in 1,297 Posts
    I wash my 2720 and X500 when I notice grime starting to accumulate. I usually don’t power wash anything. Just a few sprays of Fantastic and then rinse with the hose. I also try to give it a wax once per year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    glc, DRobinson, rtgt and 6 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Thanks
    That is sooo sweet. But you would never catch me driving around with dirt inbetween my tread like you have.
    rtgt, BigJim55, keane and 5 others like this.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Thanks
    I occasionally hit mine with the pressure washer if I happen to have it out and hooked up for something else...otherwise, rarely. Like any tool, I require functionality. I don't require cosmetics.
    fdmars, rtgt, BigJim55 and 5 others like this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Thanks
    I don't utilize my pressure washer on it. I'm always concerned about pushing water past seals and I've seen them take the graphic decals off things. So I utilize the hose, a 5 gallon bucket with Dawn dish soap, some long handled car wash brushes, and a sponge. I chamois it off when I'm done. Mine gets washed twice a year. Late in the fall, after I have installed the cab. This is more to deal with the dust that accumulated on the cab over the summer. I wash it inside and out. Again, in the spring, just before I remove the cab to take care of the winter yuck.

I do utilize the pressure washer on the mower decks, before I store them for the winter. I avoid getting near bearings and I grease it when I'm done, as a part of the annual maintenance/end of season storage.
    rtgt, BigJim55, Marlin and 6 others like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    I don't utilize my pressure washer on it. I'm always concerned about pushing water past seals and I've seen them take the graphic decals off things. So I utilize the hose, a 5 gallon bucket with Dawn dish soap, some long handled car wash brushes, and a sponge. I chamois it off when I'm done. Mine gets washed twice a year. Late in the fall, after I have installed the cab. This is more to deal with the dust that accumulated on the cab over the summer. I wash it inside and out. Again, in the spring, just before I remove the cab to take care of the winter yuck.

I do utilize the pressure washer on the mower decks, before I store them for the winter. I avoid getting near bearings and I grease it when I'm done, as a part of the annual maintenance/end of season storage.

agree with this post...the only time a pressure washer gets near mine is when i have a repair issue or maintenance issue to pre-clean the area involved....other than that if i go by the hose wash off accumulated debris.....or same with the power blower...will do a window wash on cab windows regularly.....and clean operator stations once a year during annual maintenance...

but if a guy wants to take it out on date night i guess a wash n wax is in order..........
    rtgt, BigJim55, Marlin and 5 others like this.
    John Deere
    5105M
    Caterpillar
    D4Hxl
    416C
    Gehl
    5635DX

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Thanks
    I’ve never done the deck but I remove the seat and handles along with the tool box so it’s easier to try and buff out the swirl marks left from the fast wash and dries during the summer. I’ve done this every fall in the past 5 years.
    rtgt, BigJim55, Marlin and 2 others like this.

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    11-25-2019 @ 11:54 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill56 View Post
    Wow, that really looks good... Having said that my 1025r and my Craftsman both get air pressure to clean dust, dirt, leaves, and grass off after each time they cut grass or collect leaves but they usually only get washed before I do maintenance.
    rtgt, BigJim55, Marlin and 2 others like this.
    2018 JD 1025r, 54" mower deck, backhoe, front-end-loader, Braber Equipment post hole auger, 9 and 12" augers,
    1999 +/- Craftsman lawn tractor, 46" mower deck.

13. Top | #10
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Thanks
    You guys that say no pressure washer do know that you don't have to hold the nozzle an inch from the surface....

I use a pressure washer every time I clean mine. Works great for muddy tires and underbody clean up.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast