• 1 Post By Ultrapile

Thread: 1026r TLB Using Backhoe

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:10 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,579 Posts

1026r TLB Using Backhoe

I'm going to tell a dumb a_ _ attack I had the other day. While climbing up on to the BH ,I have a bad habit of raising the boom and using the raised boom as a support . Sometimes I hold to the hand hold or to the ROPS but not that often. Back in Dec with snow on the ground was using the backhoe. Climbed up on BH ,my knee or something , hit the boom lever and down I went thankfully down in a snow bank. OK blamed it on having to many heavy clothes on , no damage done.
    This week digging a footer for my BIL . Put boom in raised position , put my right hand on boom , next thing I know I'm lying on the ground . Fell down on large pile of dirt , rocks found them pretty easy. Left ankle still caught on something up on BH , BIL helped get my ankle loose. OK I stand up slowly and everything seems to work ,,,GOOD. Felt something running down my forehead,,oh blood, had a cut on top of head ,no stitches needed...
    Looked at shins little bleeding still no major damage. Several hours later ,noticed my upper thigh was hurting, I could feel a bump or something.
    That evening taking my shower had a knot about 1" high and a circle about 6" across on upper side of my thigh. It didn't turn black and blue then, today it is some of the prettiest colors and sore,,,OH YEA..
    I've decided to start using the grab handle or ROPS and to keep my hand off the boom . It only takes 2 times to learn these life changing moments...I know it should have only taken the one time.
    Sometimes I wonder how I have managed to live this long without really hurting or killing myself. I guess God likes a good laugh ,every now and then !
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    03-18-2017 @ 09:02 AM
    Thanks
    Glad you're ok. You can get hurt in a heartbeat on these machines.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnFromOKC For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (04-27-2014)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    I have come to the conclusion it takes longer for us to learn now days.

By the way, it takes longer for us to heal also.

Hopefully no long term damage other than your ego.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    Kenny
    0331 88-92 USMC Ret.
    1025R FILB; 50" FEL Bucket with 3 Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Bucket Mounted Receiver and 1 Shackle Mount; psrumors Seat Springs; 12" BH Bucket; Box Blade; 48" Rotary Cutter; 48" Tiller; Omi Manufacturing Transformer Hitch w/Weight Rack; Artillian Forks, BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar, and More to come as I can beg it out of my wife!
    Also: Ford 9n, Massy Ferguson 231 & 231s, Zeter 7711 and a Mahindra 3525

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ultrapile For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (04-27-2014)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,940 Times in 2,904 Posts
    etcallhome, been doing that kind of stuff using our BH for 25 + years, it don't get any better..........................trust me.
    Glad you're ok and glad it's not only me doing it.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (04-27-2014)

10. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,579 Posts
    Thanks everyone.. I know it is taking several days to start moving without a LOT of pain. That or its the pain tablets starting to kick in ..
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements