Danner work boots vs. tractor step - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Danner work boots vs. tractor step

1. Top | #11

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:44 AM
    Thanks
    Hey Coaltrain - off topic a bit, but.. I always take my cell phone with me when I go outside, just in case. I know you don't have any cell coverage where you're at, but have you considered getting a pair ofvthe FRS radios so you could call Mrs C in case you fall or need assistance?

Sent by Tapatalk using the tiny keyboard on my phone. That explains the typos!
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    JKR
    Last Online
    05-22-2019 @ 08:03 PM
    Thanks
    I have many Danner boots and love them. Maybe I been lucky but I have no problem on or off my tractor.
    3033R, HST, 3SVC, 60" heavy bucket with replaceable blade, H165 loader, Trans and engine heater, 60" tow behind mower.
    hydraulic top link, Line kit, 72" hydraulic power angle plow, JD pallet forks, 60" box blade, 60" scraper,
    72" rear rake, Homemade rock bucket, Post hole digger.Piranha Tooth Bar, Ballast box, rear chains,

4. Top | #13
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:11 PM
    Thanks
    Danner is all I wore on duty. I still have a pair I outgrew. Went from 12 to 14. I think weight shifted elsewhere also. Lol

Meanwhile is a 30' Grady White.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    Hey Coaltrain - off topic a bit, but.. I always take my cell phone with me when I go outside, just in case. I know you don't have any cell coverage where you're at, but have you considered getting a pair ofvthe FRS radios so you could call Mrs C in case you fall or need assistance?

Sent by Tapatalk using the tiny keyboard on my phone. That explains the typos!
    Yeah - thought about that. But I know I would never remember to take it with me.....

When I go out yonder out of sight of the house I will tell Mrs. C what I am doing and about how long I will be. She knows what sounds she should be hearing as far as the tractor, chainsaw, etc. it it gets too quiet for long enough she will come investigate.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is Power, Ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2 | Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest | Markham Tooth Bar | iMatch Hitch | Heavy Hitch & Cart | Edge Tamers |
    My Personal Weather Station

7. Top | #15
    Last Online
    05-10-2019 @ 03:47 PM
    Thanks
    My boot requirements when I chose the Danner were a) waterproof b) steel toe and c) USA made.

This is the Danner boot I bought - their Quarry model with an "alloy" toe (as opposed to a steel toe I suppose.) Unfortunately the boot isn't 100% sourced in the US but at least it's assembled here.

Somewhat on-topic:
    For a good part of 2018 we had a major house addition and remodeling project going on and there were primarily two guys here five days a week for months with the contractor helping out now and then. I was really disappointed there was zero emphasis on workplace safety. Nobody ever wore safety glasses and one guy wore something like a running or tennis shoe. There was a helper kid for a few days and he got something in his eye (what a surprise) and I took him back to the shop and used an eye wash bottle (I have two eye wash stations) to flood his eye.

They never cleaned up at the end of the workday (except for putting most of the tools away) but I was busy sweeping and picking up every day during the day - last thing I wanted was somebody falling or tripping on their mess.

I should have insisted on a copy of their workman's comp insurance but never did.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments.

8. Top | #16
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Thanks
    Danners are good boots. I've never had any but my dad swears by them. Always used them as flight boots in both his 26 years as a search and rescue pilot in the Air Force, and now as a medivac pilot in his civilian life.
    stg454 and JD4044M like this.

9. Top | #17

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    In this case, sandals would be safer.
    JD4044M likes this.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2