Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Hearing Protection

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,999 Times in 2,171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I've been wearing these for the past 6 years. I haven't had to change or charge the batteries yet. I feel so out of date. :-)
    Same here as I canít stand to have anything in my ears like those ear buds they are talking about.

I am on my second pair of 3M WorkTunes. First pair lasted about 10 years - only went bad because of being left in the toolbox on my mowing trailer. I still use them for shooting.

Second pair is probably close to 10 years old now - this was before Bluetooth. I ran them over once with my loaded rear tire after fueling once. Got them put back together well enough with a couple pieces from the old pair.

These work perfectly for me. They let me hear just enough of the engine and mower to know what is going on.

I know the hat wearers donít like them but I donít wear a hat.
    Kbar likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Same here as I canít stand to have anything in my ears like those ear buds they are talking about.

I am on my second pair of 3M WorkTunes. First pair lasted about 10 years - only went bad because of being left in the toolbox on my mowing trailer. I still use them for shooting.

Second pair is probably close to 10 years old now - this was before Bluetooth. I ran them over once with my loaded rear tire after fueling once. Got them put back together well enough with a couple pieces from the old pair.

These work perfectly for me. They let me hear just enough of the engine and mower to know what is going on.

I know the hat wearers donít like them but I donít wear a hat.
    I have no problems wearing standard over-the-ear muffs with my JD hat. :-)
    glc likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #13
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,336 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Between the frequent signal interuptions and the sound quality, not to mention on day three, the battery died as I began my work day, I have abandoned the wireless ear buds and returned to my wired ear buds, wearing my Ipod and wearing the ear muffs over the ears to insulate against any noise. The sound quality is much better, there are no signal interuptions, no ear bud batteries to die and no "sound creep" as the ear buds were doing whatever they were doing.

Simple is better in this case......and I like the sound quality of my wired system and its easy to lift the ear muff off to speak with others......

If I still have the container, the in ear wireless system is being returned..........Sound quality, the new sytem I tried and reviewed above, I would give a 3 out of 10 for my overall experience. The wired in ear system with the over the ear muffs covering the ears I would give a 9.5 out of 10. The sheer difference in sound quality is amazing and my hearing is better protected with the entire ear covered, verses the plugs in the ears.......

I never really noticed any issues with the over the ear muffs being "hot".......even if they are warmer, the increase in hearing protection and the improvement in the sound quality makes it worth the extra heat. Plus in the winter, they are warm as I HATE wearing hats.......Never wear ball caps or any hats......I will wear either a wicking headband or a wicking bandanna, primarily to keep the dust and dirt out of my hair and sweat out of my eyes.
    mark02tj likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

mark02tj†(06-22-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #14

Last Online
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Thanks
    I ended up ordering a set of IsoTunes and got a chance to use them yesterday. I have to say I'm pretty happy. Fingers crossed that they hold up.
    coaltrain likes this.

8. Top | #15

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:38 AM
    Thanks
    I ALWAYS wear foamies- I hate any kind of noise. I wear foamies even when I'm vacuuming. I don't get bored listening to the tractor, mower or weedeater. In fact, I keep a close monitor on it; lets me know what the machine's doing as I can't watch everywhere all the time. I hate muffs since I'm wearing shades of some sort when I'm outside. Foamies work better for me anyway. I don't think I could be comfortable listening to music with machinery being operated...

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2