• 2 Post By JimR
  • 1 Post By JimR

Thread: Rollover accident

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 01:57 PM
    Thanks

Rollover accident

I heard about this on the radio this morning. I post it as a reminder that things can go wrong at anytime for any of us.

Fatal Tractor Accident in Marion County

Posted: Apr 12, 2015 3:11 PM EDT
    Updated: Apr 12, 2015 7:20 PM EDT
    By Marisa Matyola, Harrison County Reporter

A Marion County man is dead after an accident at his home.

Larry Vishnick,67, was in his yard when a large tractor rolled and pinned him underneath, said police.

It happened on School Street in Baxter just after 12:30 p.m., Sunday.

When EMS arrived on scene, they immediately began administering CPR and were able to resuscitate him. However, he later died.

State Police is investigating.
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to felixm22 For This Useful Post:

gbnpp05 (04-13-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-31-2019 @ 10:37 PM
    Thanks
    Grim reminder that our tractors can turn a day of relaxation in to a day of tragedy.
    2014 John Deere 5100E H240 FEL 6' Rakemaster Root Grapple, 2016 Woods PSS72 food plot seeder, 2013 John Deere XUV 550 S4 2015 Orsi 12' boom mower with flail head, 2016 John Deere 4105 with front end loader, 2016 John Deere MX6, 2018 Everything Attachments 55" Wicked Grapple. 2018 Everything Attachments Severe Extreme Duty 6' Landscape Rake, 2018 John Deere 1025R TLB with 54D quick connect deck [SIZE=2][COLOR="#008000"]

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 08:52 PM
    Thanks
    You always wonder what the details were? Was there a rops? Seatbelt etc.... RiP.
    JD 2012 3320 end loader, 5' rear cutter, box blade, tiller,artillian forks, Fit rite hydraulic top link, 485 back hoe
    JD 1972 820 diesel Tractor
    JD 2013 Gator 825i.
    JD 2008 GX255 lawn tractor
    JD 1978 400

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 07:53 AM
    Thanks
    Another rollover fatality:

http://www.wcvb.com/news/woman-dies-...ncoln/32581522

Woman dies after tractor overturns in Lincoln
    Woman trapped under overturned tractor

UPDATED 6:22 PM EDT Apr 26, 2015 Rhondella Richardson/WCVB

LINCOLN, Mass. —A woman was killed when a tractor she was riding overturned on Sunday in Lincoln.

The victim. identified only as a woman in her 60s, was trapped underneath the tractor on Town of Lincoln conservation land near Route 2A at Hanscom Drive.

The woman died from injuries sustained in the accident.

The woman's identity was withheld pending notification of next of kin.

The accident remains under investigation.

Looks like she was operating an old Ford tractor with no ROPS. There are TONS of these old Ford tractors in this area and I never see any that have been retro-fitted.
    Superglidesport and BigJim55 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    06-03-2016 @ 09:54 AM
    Thanks
    Yes, I seen this on the news this evening. Such a shame. Like everything else, we must always take great caution when operating equipment.

R.I.P
    1996 John Deere 870

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Thanks

ROPS retrofits

Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Another rollover fatality:

Woman dies after tractor overturns in Lincoln | Local News - WCVB Home

Looks like she was operating an old Ford tractor with no ROPS. There are TONS of these old Ford tractors in this area and I never see any that have been retro-fitted.
    Sadly, most if not all overturn fatalities are preventable. Information about retrofitting older tractors is available at: ROPS Guide

USDA and NIOSH also worked on designs for tractors that did not have a commercially available rops retrofit. Those designs should be somewhere on the net. Virginia Farm Bureau coordinated several test installs on Fords and Massey Fergusons. I think the cost for a local welding shop to produce the rops was around $400. If replacement seats with seat belts were required, that added to the cost some but well worth it.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 07:53 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    Sadly, most if not all overturn fatalities are preventable. Information about retrofitting older tractors is available at: ROPS Guide

USDA and NIOSH also worked on designs for tractors that did not have a commercially available rops retrofit. Those designs should be somewhere on the net. Virginia Farm Bureau coordinated several test installs on Fords and Massey Fergusons. I think the cost for a local welding shop to produce the rops was around $400. If replacement seats with seat belts were required, that added to the cost some but well worth it.

Treefarmer

The really sad part of this is that the State Of MA will reimburse the full cost of retro-fitting a ROPS to an older tractor. The MA Dept of Ag has a program for this that's been running for several years now. They even provide all of the info on where to buy it and have it installed. Yet, as I drive around I see a LOT of tractors without them.
    coaltrain likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements