Ken's thread reminded me of one of my safety mistake. So, here is my story.
Many years ago when I was young and knew everything, I was using an electric drill with wire brush on it with out safety glasses. As luck would have it I did feel the particle hit my eye and thought no more of it. That night when preparing for bed it felt like I just had a piece of dirt in my eye. I thought that if it is a piece of dirt it can work out over night. Well, I ignored the dirt in the eye feeling for another day, and shortly all felt well and back to normal, and was for a while. About a week later, one bright and sunny morning I could not even open my eye as the pain was to great. My eye did not physically hurt, but was super sensitive to light. Off to the eye doctor we go. Of course he then puts me in the head restraint and immediately shines a bright light in my eye. I physically had to hold my eye open with my hand for him to examine it. Then shortly after that came the eye drop, to which I could now look directly into the sun if I wanted. What he found was a piece of wire embedded into my eye that had become infected. It was a strange feeling to hold my eye open as he came at with what looked like a dental pick. I didn't feel a thing. I was lucky, no lasting repercussions from stupidity, but am the wiser for it today.\
Do not take your safety for granted. Anyone else have a horrifying safety story that they survived? Let's here your tale. I have a chainsaw one I can tell later, again young and stupid, still have the scar to prove it. Have not had these close calls now for over thirty years and I want to keep it that way.