Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Mower Accident Claims 6 Year Old

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 08:30 AM
    Thanks

Mower Accident Claims 6 Year Old

Community Prays for 6-Year-Old Injured in Lawn Mower Accident | News, Sports, Jobs - The Intelligencer

SHADYSIDE — More than 300 residents of Shadyside knelt in prayer Sunday as they gathered at Jefferson Avenue Elementary School to pray for 6-year-old Noah Brown, who was severely injured in a lawn mower accident on Saturday.

The first-grade student was struck in the head by an object that flew out from under a lawn mower. He was flown to Children’s Hospital in Pittsburgh where he is undergoing treatment. Noah is the son of Rob and Janell Slack Brown. Janell Brown said she and others are praying for a miracle. She also asked for prayers for the man who was cutting the grass.

UPDATE:
    Shadyside boy dies after tragic accident | WTOV

SHADYSIDE, Ohio — One day after a community gathered for a prayer vigil, a local boy has died.

Noah Brown was injured in a tragic, freak accident on Saturday and taken to a Pittsburgh hospital. On Sunday, more than 300 people participated in a prayer vigil at Jefferson Avenue Elementary School to show support for the first-grade student.

On Monday, however, Brown passed away.

So sad. Thought I'd pass this along. I used to drive past this community every day on my way to work.

Hoping this will make everyone aware of the dangers when mowing.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 5 others like this.
    Brian

2720 JD MCUT
    200CX Loader
    62D On Ramp Mid-Mount Mower
    61 Inch Bucket
    Grooved R4's
    Tiller King Kutter Professional Green 60-Inch TG-G-60-JP
    Rear Blade Woods 72-Inch
    Middle Buster King Kutter MB-YX

GT245 Garden Tractor

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gbnpp05 For This Useful Post:

BetterThanATonka (09-20-2016), Carvel Loafer (09-22-2016), ColonyPark (09-21-2016), etcallhome (09-21-2016), Gizmo2 (09-21-2016), Jep (09-21-2016), kcamp99186 (10-02-2016), keane (09-21-2016), Kennyd (09-20-2016), pcabe5 (09-21-2016), rydplrs (09-27-2016), tj1 (09-21-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 05:58 AM
    Thanks
    What a tragedy.
    pcabe5 and BigJim55 like this.
    Tom

2010 JD LA115 mower w/bagger
    2011 JD 10P dump cart
    2016 JD 1025R TLB: H120 loader w/ 49" bucket - 260 BH w/12" bucket - 60D MMM w/auto PTO - iMatch Quick Hitch
    Heavy Hitch toothbar | Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks | Ken's Seat Springs | Ken's Diff Pedal | Edge Tamers
    Frontier 2048 Box blade | Frontier LR2060L Landscape Rake
    2016 Cyclone Rake model Z-10

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 02:23 PM
    Thanks
    I've had to yell at my kid for even approaching me when I'm mowing. I've been hit in the face by rocks that shoot out of the deck and ricochet off the driveway or other rocks. I wear safety glasses, ear plugs, hat, and dust mask when I mow. It seems like overkill, but out of the half dozen carpenters I know who don't wear safety glasses, one of those has had multiple cornea transplants from a staple through his eye. Most of them have had metal in their eyes from nailing or nail guns. I don't like the odds.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 08:30 AM
    Thanks
    When my son was little we had to take him to Children's hospital in Columbus.

In the operating waiting room was a young boy that had run in front of his dad's riding mower. His dad couldn't stop and ran over him with the mower running. He was going to require a lot of skin grafts and was bandaged from head to toe.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Brian

2720 JD MCUT
    200CX Loader
    62D On Ramp Mid-Mount Mower
    61 Inch Bucket
    Grooved R4's
    Tiller King Kutter Professional Green 60-Inch TG-G-60-JP
    Rear Blade Woods 72-Inch
    Middle Buster King Kutter MB-YX

GT245 Garden Tractor

8. Top | #5
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:09 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,936 Times in 2,901 Posts
    That's terrible.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:48 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,583 Times in 993 Posts
    Hate to hear about these tragic accidents. It makes me sick just reading about them.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wjfawb0 View Post
    I've had to yell at my kid for even approaching me when I'm mowing. I've been hit in the face by rocks that shoot out of the deck and ricochet off the driveway or other rocks. I wear safety glasses, ear plugs, hat, and dust mask when I mow. It seems like overkill, but out of the half dozen carpenters I know who don't wear safety glasses, one of those has had multiple cornea transplants from a staple through his eye. Most of them have had metal in their eyes from nailing or nail guns. I don't like the odds.
    I thought I was the only one this anal. Especially the part about the dust mask. Always get the kind with the little exhaust valve in the front.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wjfawb0 View Post
    This is one thing that makes me glad I'm not working my old property management job at my trailer hood. It's like the "parents" (and I use that term very loosely) send the kids outside to play as soon as they seen my tractor coming. I had them jump right in front of the tractor or try to sneek up behind me on more than one occasion. Not to mention the chance of getting hit by a flying object. Them kids let trash & toys all over the vacant lots. A flying Matchbox car to the temple would put one down for sure. At the very least I got to pull the blades again.
    BigJim55 likes this.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:55 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,055 Times in 2,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D dealer dude View Post
    This is one thing that makes me glad I'm not working my old property management job at my trailer hood. It's like the "parents" (and I use that term very loosely) send the kids outside to play as soon as they seen my tractor coming. I had them jump right in front of the tractor or try to sneek up behind me on more than one occasion. Not to mention the chance of getting hit by a flying object. Them kids let trash & toys all over the vacant lots. A flying Matchbox car to the temple would put one down for sure. At the very least I got to pull the blades again.
    This was a huge issue when I was mowing commercially. I ended up just giving up my accounts in town mostly because of this.

It is just amazing - like you say - that people (parents) are that unaware of the danger. So many times I would get unloaded at a property and have to go ask the mother to get her kid inside while I was mowing. Usually got a dirty look. Then of course the yard full of toys and who knows what hidden stuff.....
    BigJim55 likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

13. Top | #10
    tj1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:58 PM
    Thanks
    Terrible accident. I knew (I will get to why I knew him) a guy that had his three year old on his lap while mowing his lawn and the child fell off the tractor and his arm went under the mower deck and the little boy lost his arm, very tragic and when his dad was telling us about it we all felt sick. Now as to why I knew him, a month after the accident the father ran into a tree not 1/8 of a mile from his home and died in the accident.. All because he was late to get to the lumber yard to work.. How tragic that all was.. His son now works as a carpenter with a prosthetic arm.. He does quite well with it and if he isn't the spitting image of his dad, he comes in for permits from me.. I suppose there are a lot of tragic events involving lawn mowers/tractors but when they are so close to home it drives the safety issue straight to ones own thoughts.. Also brings back old bad memories.. Memories that unfortunately teach us about safety and what not to do.... Jeff
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast