Slow Down, Move Over Video-It's the LAW!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Slow Down, Move Over Video-It's the LAW!

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:00 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,026 Times in 2,508 Posts

Slow Down, Move Over Video-It's the LAW!

Maybe not "Tractor & Equipment" related, but definitely related to "Safety" so I posted here

Currently all 50 states (only DC does not) have enacted some form of "Move Over" laws in the effort to protect police and emergency personnel, highway maintenance workers, construction workers, utility workers, tow truck drivers and even just someone changing a flat tire or broken down. Did you know about this?

If you don't know about or are not familiar with this, please visit: Move Over America | Protect Law Enforcement Officers . While that site is dedicated to the LOE's the laws help protect other workers as well. More info by state: Move Over Law - AAA Digest of Motor Laws

Now, one of our main suppliers, B/A Products serves the towing industry in large part, so they have focus in on the tow truck drivers mainly-as does this video but all workers on the roadside deserve the respect of drivers and the right to go home to their families. Here is very touching video they produced and asked us to help spread the word, and we'd appreciate if you would help as well with friends and family:

Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

56FordGuy (12-14-2016), Carvel Loafer (12-14-2016), DRobinson (12-13-2016), etcallhome (12-13-2016), gbnpp05 (12-14-2016), Gizmo2 (12-14-2016), jdmich (12-13-2016), Jeff B (12-13-2016), Levi (12-14-2016), OxPath (12-14-2016), pcabe5 (12-15-2016), rydplrs (12-13-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:00 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,026 Times in 2,508 Posts
    Press Release:

Over the years, providing safe and quality products remained at the core of B/A’s mission as well as pushing the boundaries for new innovation. This was the crux of B/A deciding to go beyond the safety built within the products to the roadside itself. Raising awareness about the dangers of the roadside to the general public has been a concern at the forefront of this industry for years. Despite the Move Over Law being passed throughout the USA, many Towers, Police Officers, Fire Fighters, EMT’s and other Roadside Workers continuously lose their lives to preventable mistakes by unknowing drivers.For years B/A has been creating products to help increase visibility of those on the road along with using ads and social media to raise awareness. This year, B/A wanted to do more. The B/A creative team felt they could help the public see and feel what it’s like to be on a busy roadside by putting them in the shoes of a Tower and what they might experience on any given day. Throughout a simple short story, we see all first responders working together and putting themselves in harms way to help an accident victim beginning to end.

By focusing on the loud whooshing sound and gusts of wind as cars fly by at close proximity, the viewer starts to feel the stress and realization of how easily someone could be killed with one wrong step to the left. The video demonstrates how a small courtesy provides a necessary buffer and allows a young Father and Husband to safely return home to his family at the end of a hard workday.

The video ends on a positive note, showing how when one person moves over, it creates a “lead by example” chain reaction where others behind the initial person slow down and move over. Most of the general public are unfamiliar with basic roadside dangers. However, it is human instinct to identify and sympathize with a young couple wanting to see each other home safely and that is how B/A intends to capture the hearts and minds of the viewers. When B/A’s Executive VP was first approached with the idea for creating this video, his response was: “If this can help one person move over one time and it saves one life, it was worth it.”

B/A Products sincerely hopes this video makes such an impact that we see a new appreciation of first responders and roadside workers through the simple acts of slowing down and moving over. If we can develop a new mentality where more people serve as an example to those in the car behind them, we can finally pay it forward to the men and women who risk their lives each day for each of us.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,413 Posts
    Always seemed like common sense to me to move over when anyone or anything is on the roadside.

A young man, operating a roll-back making a recovery was killed on Route 81 north of Scranton late this past summer.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Thanks
    I will profess to knowing this requirement and practicing it. Also a year or two ago they made law in my state that if it is raining you must have your lights on. A quarter of the people on my roads don't do it. I think nearly every time I am driving in low visibility conditions such as rain, snow or fog there is ALWAYS several morons on the road with no illumination.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff B For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (12-13-2016), Kennyd (12-13-2016)

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 07:39 AM
    Thanks
    A couple thoughts. First great reminder. This weekend heading down to mass there was a stop in progress. With most cars in the right two lanes everyone in front and behind that a saw moved over leaving the right lane empty. It was smooth and polite. I was shocked everyone reacted. We have our share of idiots the only traffic problems i had on the way back were wearing maine plates.

The second is the day i got my truck i was running south on a 2 lane 70mph highway at night bringing it home. I hit a moose walking from the middle into my lane. I only saw it feet away, and just ducked over swerving with a steep embankment to a rock outcropping. It spun around landing in the fast lane. I pulled well past it slowing down gradually knowing i didnt want a bottle neck. My buddy who gave me a ride north pulled up behind to check on me. I yelled im good go put lights on the moose. He didnt umderstand. Got out and came over. As im patiently but fully stressed telling him to back up amd put lights on the moose to show it a vw passat came along and moved over around the hazzard lights and hit the moose. The car got about 5ft of air, landing with struts coming out the hood and trunk. It slid to a stop in the left lane......theres your bottleneck..... The moose slid over to the breakdown lane and my buddy finally went and put lights on it until cops arrived. Then i had to get 2 tow truck as the cops directed my first one to get the vw. I dont blame them a bit. That was what was needed.

The moral of the story is be slow and cautious in adjusting.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Thanks
    Rydpirs, we don't have them moose down here but from what I hear or have read their hair doesn't really reflect light back at you if they end up in your headlights?
    etcallhome and BigJim55 like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

11. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 07:39 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    Rydpirs, we don't have them moose down here but from what I hear or have read their hair doesn't really reflect light back at you if they end up in your headlights?
    The eyes dont either. Thats the biggest problem, deer and dogs do. Anything else is a gentile speed bump. We dont have aramadillos
    I got to see the eyes from about 10 feet looking right at me. I honestly thought of my dog. Hed react the same way.

Dewey is short for dufus. He hear's you and understands commands well. But the first time you tell him he just turns to look at you and i hear in the voice of Tennessee tuxedo, "whatcha sayin boss, drrr" the moose had the same slow stupid look on his face turning from his straight ahead 20 degrees off from mine. Just as i saw it, it turned to look with no other reacaction.. Drrrr. Bam. 1/2 a jaw landed in my lap along with my mirror, then it took 2-3 seconds for the glass dust to clear, and i didnt get up off the consol until i stopped and had it in park. It was 6-800 lbs. A large young adult cow.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rydplrs; 12-13-2016 at 07:36 PM.
    etcallhome, Levi and Drifterbike like this.

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:28 AM
    Thanks
    Good reminder. As a fireman/paramedic with I-75 going threw our area, it is scary having to work on an road of any kind and an Interstate is twice as bad. I hate going out there every time a call comes in. We literally take a deep breath ever time we get an accident or a vehicle fire, and have had more close calls than I care to count. Last winter one of our Engines was hit twice, the second time was just a week after it was back from the first incident. One of our command excursion was totaled last year also. I could go on and on.
    I like to go home so slow down and move over. You don't want that ticket in Michigan, I think it 2 points and like $400.

Oh ya I just heard on the news that they are talking about raising the speed limit on I-75
    Last edited by jdmich; 12-13-2016 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    I will profess to knowing this requirement and practicing it. Also a year or two ago they made law in my state that if it is raining you must have your lights on. A quarter of the people on my roads don't do it. I think nearly every time I am driving in low visibility conditions such as rain, snow or fog there is ALWAYS several morons on the road with no illumination.
    IMO the worst standard eqpt on a vehicle is Day Time Running Lights (DTRL), along with auto lights. DTRL you have no tail lights, almost a great idea just one step more and require the tail lights to come on along with DTRL. Second thing is with automatic lights they don't turn on soon enough . Meaning in a rain or snow storms they won't turn your lights on . The Subie has a option and I use it if the wipers are on your headlights come on...

I'm done.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

14. Top | #10
    Hey, I want a title too! ZachinCO's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-31-2019 @ 06:01 PM
    Thanks
    CO state trooper just lost his life not to far from me because the trucker didn't slow down or move over.

I hated setting up traffic control when I worked for Bell in CA. That was before all the texting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    etcallhome, 56FordGuy and Levi like this.
    MINE!! 2016 New Holland T4.75

In-Laws 2006 4520-400 CX FEL-RC2072-Land Pride FS700-Rhino Box Blade-7' Plow Blade-CountyLine PHD
    In-Laws 2003 2210-210 FEL-54C MMM

My Sons IH Cub Cadet Originals- 62-Running;62-Restoration;61-Parts Donor

My social media~ https://www.instagram.com/zwhewitt_photos/

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast