Green Tractor Talk banner

National Farm Machinery Show 2018

25K views 285 replies 39 participants last post by  PJR832 
#1 ·
We'll be attending the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville Ky. Feb 14-17, 2018. ...We plan to be there all 4 days.

Would love to meet up with as many folks from GTT as possible. Please reply here if you are planning to attend.

The show is free. Hotels are expensive. We used AirBnb to reserve a room.

We had a great time last year. Looking forward to more of the same this year.

Tim

#114 ·
I’m here and ready to talk all about Gizmo and Kenny. :mocking:

#130 ·
#125 ·
Meanwhile there was also plenty of theme related entertainment at the show. :good2:

Someone sent this link over. It's a real toe tapper!

:greentractorride: :laugh:

#128 ·
Now this more closely resembles one of my family reunions minus the tractor. Everyone just brings their instrument of choice and we sit around picking and grinning.:thumbup1gif:

#127 ·
I'm sorry about the lack of pictures guys, it's just overwhelming here with the amount of equipment and products to look at, plus all the "cool" stuff has mobs of people around so it just hard to get anything good. This complex has about 1.2 million (with a M) square feet inside, and I couldn't even guess how many people everyday-has to be in the tens-of-thousands easily. I have only taken about 20 pics myself, and those are for some R&D that wouldn't be interesting to many people other than me.

I here is one top secret R&D pic, please don't share this yet because I see a real potential market for this idea but I don't want anyone to steal it. Can anybody guess what this is?

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Scooter Wheel

#132 ·
This show is always cool. Wish more of y’all could make it down. If you ever do, bring me some money would ya? There is lots and lots of shiny bits around here that need to come home with me. :lol:

But I’ve been surrounded by great folks to enjoy this show with. :thumbup1gif:

Hope to catch more today!!

#136 · (Edited)
:ttiwwp: Tractor pics that is. Do we need to send OC there to show how to take pics.:munch:

#164 ·
I saw him each morning in the media room. Never made the effort to engage him in conversation even though I was sitting less than 10ft away.

Honestly kind of intimidated I guess.
I remember he and Orion Samuelson all through my growing up years on the farm.

He seems like a down to earth guy.

Tim

#140 ·
Gizmo, I thought you had these guys under control? You had one job....just one job. :nunu:

#143 ·
I know right?! I know they were good last year but I really don't think they would want any from last year. :mocking:

#147 ·
rtgt has arrived!

#149 · (Edited)
Couple photo’s from yesterday.

I had a great time walking the show in the morning with Ilmo and his wife, very nice people. For lunch I had the cheese burger, sorry no photo. In the afternoon DS and I walked the tools part of the show and smaller equipment part of the show. Kenny was hard at work gathering new ideas, lucky man, smart and a very nice family. Tim and Cristy were busy looking and documenting the new offerings. The guys from R2 also ate with us. We are lucky, we attract some great vendors.

Was very glad I went down, great group.

Only trouble was I stayed in Indy on the way down and a truck had run off the road so they stopped traffic for 40 minutes on I-74 while the big wrecker pulled him out. I was second in the line of stopped car, I just set there patiently even though I am sure they missed out on getting me involved. Based on highway through hell I am quite expierenced in this field. Was a little tired all day after getting to the hotel at 1:15, was asleep by 1:17 which was nice. .:laugh:

Attachments

#151 ·
Looks like everyone's having a good time.:good2:

#152 ·
glad to see everyone is having a good time :good2: were still waiting to see the pork chops :eating:

#157 ·
No corn dogs..... Very saddened by this.

:mocking:

But the pork chops were excellent.

Tractors were great!

#158 ·
Seen a few cool items there like some mobility devices. I was really impressed with what they were able to do. Pretty innovative stuff.

#159 ·
More cool stuff.

#160 ·
Got to see a real bald eagle as well. :good2: Impressive Bird.

#161 ·
More pics.

#162 ·
Great pics Jason, keep them coming :good2:

#168 ·
Yeah it only took 16 pages to get a tractor pick.:munch:

#170 ·
I really appreciate all the pictures guys, and Tim's videos. Tim, I sure hope your wife's foot is holding up, I noticed she was limping in your last video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.