• 2 Post By BigJim55

Thread: Hyde Farms Plow Day & Tractor Show

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Thanks

Hyde Farms Plow Day & Tractor Show

Sat. Sept. 22, 2018
    I will host a Plow Day & Tractor Show @ Hyde Farms, in Greenback, TN on Sat. Sept. 22 (weather permitting)
    from 10 a.m. till 4 p.m. We will be using the same field we have plowed in on past plow days. Garden tractors,
    Mid-sized tractors and even Full-sized tractors of any make are WELCOME to PLOW or DISPLAY. LUNCH will be provided for
    ALL who PLOW or DISPLAY. Plenty of fun FALL activities for Kids & Families ! Pumpkin Patch, Corn Maze, Hay Rides,
    Farm Market featuring delicious Hyde Farms Natural Pork products and locally grown produce. For more information
    please PM me. Hope to see y'all there.

I'm posting this for a WFM member. If you'd like to attend to show or plow, please PM me so that I can send your name to Elliott, the host. He needs this info so he'll have enough food! Sorry for posting so late, only 4 days away, but "things" happen! Bob
    BigJim55, Daveb and Herminator like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Thanks
    A small turn-out, only 5 participants. 2 JD's...a beautifully restored 112, and a pristine 430..., a Ford, and a Snapper with plows, plus my 314 w/tiller. The weather was great and we had about 2 acres of dirt to play in. Some of the field had been planted & harvested, and some just had the grass brush-hogged. The brush-hogged area gave the plows problems with loose grass between the culter wheel & plow...lifting the plow out of the ground...and I had to clear the grass wrapped around my tines a few times also. We stopped for our free lunch...pulled pork sandwich with baked beans & corn bread, plus beverage... and it was enjoyed by all. A BS session and back to "play time" !!

Although a small turn-out it was great...great weather, great people, and great playin' in the dirt time. No tractors on display, but there were some hit & miss engines...both running & just displayed. Y'all missed a great time...maybe next year? Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01.jpg   02.jpg   03.jpg   04.jpg   05.jpg  

06.jpg   07.jpg   08.jpg   13.jpg  

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,121 Posts
    it looks from the pics those that went had a great time. thanks for the write up and the pics. i enjoyed looking and reading it.
    Superglidesport and rwmeyer like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements