• 3 Post By OxPath
  • 4 Post By mark02tj

Thread: New York Farm Show

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Thanks

New York Farm Show

The New York Farm Show is February 21-23, 2019, at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse. It's a 300,000 sq.ft. show with 400+ exhibitors. All the big names are there along with many area dealers and manufacturers. Entry to the show is $5.00 and parking is free.

I'll be going out on Thursday, the 21st. Anyone else attending this show?
    Kennyd, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 3 others like this.
    - Phil -
    LT160 Garden Tractor
    3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - Edge Tamers

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,234 Posts
    I can’t make, work Thursday and Friday and Saturday I already promised Emma I’d take her my aunt’s house to see her baby pygmy goats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 01:19 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I see Cazenovia Equipment for JD is in the Dairy bldg.
    I will try to get there but no promises. Most of the exhibits don't hold much interest for me as I don't farm or have animals.
    Can't go Thursday, we get our granddaughter for a while that day.
    Have fun.
    OxPath, BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    2032R, 220R FEL, 270B Backhoe, RT1157 Tiller, 59" 2000 Snow Blower, LR 2072 Rake, OTC Cab, CL Subsoiler, 3pt Tow Hitch, UA 42" Forks, IMatch with Kenny's Hook, Kenny's Bolt-On Hooks

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 1,416 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OxPath View Post
    The New York Farm Show is February 21-23, 2019, at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse. It's a 300,000 sq.ft. show with 400+ exhibitors. All the big names are there along with many area dealers and manufacturers. Entry to the show is $5.00 and parking is free.

I'll be going out on Thursday, the 21st. Anyone else attending this show?
    You really need to find a job. All of these shows will tire you out. At least, with a job, you can rest from time to time.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 660 Posts
    Have fun, Oxpath. We’ll get to go to the Farm Progress Show at the end of August in Decatur, IL.

I noticed the link above still has some 2018 information on it. The site has not been completely updated for 2019.
    Last edited by ilmo; 02-21-2019 at 07:46 AM.
    OxPath, BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The show was okay, but nothing to write home about. I'd consider it a dairy oriented show as the dairy related exhibits seemed quite numerous compared to other farming. No surprise here. There are some large crop and orchard operations in the state, but dairy is still king.

About every item and service you would use on a dairy operation was represented. The common machinery brands were represented and there were a lot of farm organizations, insurance brokers, solar sales, cheap tool sales, banks, finance companies and that sort of booths. It's had the feel of a really big county fair, without the midway or shows.

The Deere exhibit displayed equipment from the three big dealers in the central / upstate New York region: Cazenovia Equipment, Land Pro Equipment (formerly Lakeland Equipment) and the Hudson River Tractor Company. The machines and staff from the three dealers were intermingled and though they had a nice exhibit, it wasn't anything you couldn't see at a well stocked dealer.

The crowds were small enough that you could have good, in-depth conversations with vendors or reps of products in which you had an interest and that is how we spent the majority of our time. Those one-on-one talks made the show worth the trip.

The bad part of the show is that it's in numerous buildings, the furthest being about 1/4 mile apart. I walked the exact same distance at this show as I did on a short day at the NFMS show in Kentucky, but the long walks in Syracuse were out in the wind and not indoors like Kentucky.

No photos as there wasn't anything special that I cared to get photos of.
    - Phil -
    LT160 Garden Tractor
    3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OxPath For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (02-22-2019)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 1,416 Posts
    The show was okay, but nothing to write home about. I'd consider it a dairy oriented show as the dairy related exhibits seemed quite numerous compared to other farming. No surprise here. There are some large crop and orchard operations in the state, but dairy is still king.

About every item and service you would use on a dairy operation was represented. The common machinery brands were represented and there were a lot of farm organizations, insurance brokers, solar sales, cheap tool sales, banks, finance companies and that sort of booths. It's had the feel of a really big county fair, without the midway or shows.

The Deere exhibit displayed equipment from the three big dealers in the central / upstate New York region: Cazenovia Equipment, Land Pro Equipment (formerly Lakeland Equipment) and the Hudson River Tractor Company. The machines and staff from the three dealers were intermingled and though they had a nice exhibit, it wasn't anything you couldn't see at a well stocked dealer.

The crowds were small enough that you could have good, in-depth conversations with vendors or reps of products in which you had an interest and that is how we spent the majority of our time. Those one-on-one talks made the show worth the trip.

The bad part of the show is that it's in numerous buildings, the furthest being about 1/4 mile apart. I walked the exact same distance at this show as I did on a short day at the NFMS show in Kentucky, but the long walks in Syracuse were out in the wind and not indoors like Kentucky.

No photos as there wasn't anything special that I cared to get photos of.
    The good news is that you didn't get into trouble at this show.
    ColonyPark, OxPath and PJR832 like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    The good news is that you didn't get into trouble at this show.
    No trouble at the last show ... that I remember.
    DRobinson, ColonyPark and PJR832 like this.
    - Phil -
    LT160 Garden Tractor

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks

About every item and service you would use on a dairy operation was represented. ........

Sounds like the exhibitors were milkin' it.

'05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements