Green Tractor Talk banner

John Deeres at the Kingaroy 2019 Annual Rally, Queensland

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Aussie John 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Late last month, the Kingaroy Vintage Machinery Club, located in the South Burnett Region of South East Queensland held their annual rally with a good turnout of tractors, cars, trucks, bikes and engines. Although the theme was bright red colour, there was also a good display of the green stuff. Because of the extreme drought on-going here at present, even the ground was bare red dirt instead of green grass. The red volcanic soil here is renowned for growing peanuts. This year, I was a visitor, not an exhibitor as I traveled 150km which is a bit far on my 4040 and my Farmall F14 is not ready to exhibit yet.

Here are some photos of the classic JDs that were on show along with a couple of Aussie built Chamberlains, a Super 90 (GM 3-71 powered) and a high clearance Canelander. Both from the earlier 60's and later on, Chamberlain was bought out by John Deere.

An interesting private collection arrived during the morning, transported on a Mack semi trailer and Volvo rigid truck & dog trailer. The owner's wife was driving the Volvo.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.