Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Maybe a Fall get together?

1. Top | #1
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Thanks

Maybe a Fall get together?

It has been mentioned more than once to have a fall get together, (I know someone mentioned a BBQ here in the northeast not so long ago when we were up to our elbows in alligators) so we can put faces to screen names and just have a great time meeting each other. I know we are from all areas of the map and these things can be difficult to put together. How about posting some ideas like interest, where this could take place, maybe a JD event already in the works and even possible vendor locations.. What do you all think? Worth looking into or am I just a hopeful fanatic? Woodstock started on a whim and look what happened! (just an example by the way) Thanks , Jeff Taylor
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,148 Times in 2,305 Posts
    Like you say - it's tough because of the distances involved.

Shane at Mutton has already put this idea out there. He is fairly centrally located plus to include his fall event with us involved is a big plus I think. Plus at Mutton's we would have lots of equipment to play with.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...onvention.html
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,068 Times in 3,006 Posts
    Mutton's seems like a good spot but they would need to confirm willingness (of course). Heck they may even sell one of us something.
    If dieselshadow goes, I'm not.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    tj1
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Mutton's seems like a good spot but they would need to confirm willingness (of course). Heck they may even sell one of us something.
    Like I just posted in another thread,, Funny stuff Giz..
    Gizmo2, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Thanks
    I don't know that I'd be able to get out to the midwest for a convention but it would be nice to have a regional gathering. I wonder if we could convince one of the area dealers to host something? Maybe a New England gathering?
    Superglidesport, BigJim55 and tj1 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

8. Top | #6
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    I'm not sure there would be enough beer in an entire state if you, dieselshadow and myself all showed up somewhere at the same time!!
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

9. Top | #7
    tj1
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    I don't know that I'd be able to get out to the midwest for a convention but it would be nice to have a regional gathering. I wonder if we could convince one of the area dealers to host something? Maybe a New England
    gathering?
    Regional would be good too, not sure Jim if you mentioned a BBQ this past winter, someone did around our parts?. I realize traveling is not in the cards for a whole lot of people. I would really have no issue going almost anywhere I can drive! Sulleybear mentioned his trips to Sturgis,, I can't tell you how many people around here head to Sturgis and love it, But that's just me, I would parley this into a nice needed long vacation.. With that said; I would be totally open to heading 12 hours to Fort Wayne! It's central for a whole lot of people.. wait what's in Fort Wayne??? All the way from Mass. I bet there would be other vendors who would also be interested in getting together. We "are" all FAMILY... Jeff
    Superglidesport, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Jeff

10. Top | #8
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,342 Times in 2,611 Posts
    I'll go where Gizmo goes. He'll inadvertently gets rid of all the rif-raf with his pictures of him and his hot tub. We've seen it and are immune to his antics.

Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    I'm not sure there would be enough beer in an entire state if you, dieselshadow and myself all showed up somewhere at the same time!!
    So much beer, so little time.....
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Dieselshadow is my Hero.

11. Top | #9
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,068 Times in 3,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    So much beer, so little time.....
    Ain't life tough sometimes?
    farmgirl19, Levi and tj1 like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

12. Top | #10
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,342 Times in 2,611 Posts
    Ain't life tough sometimes?
    How would you know? Oh yeah...you had to wait for a few weeks until your new truck showed up. Poor fella....
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Dieselshadow is my Hero.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast