always hard to find..antique tractor pull this saturday

Thread: always hard to find..antique tractor pull this saturday

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-15-2019 @ 10:21 PM
    Thanks

always hard to find..antique tractor pull this saturday

If your in the Lawrence KS area saturday afternoon with nothing to do, at 4 pm there is the antique tractor pull at the fair grounds. Run what ya brung, straight outta the field class and some souped up old timers. Come on out and enjoy the afternoon

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:08 PM
    Thanks
    tlock0331, I am your neighbor in Overland Park. I did not know Lawrence had a fairgrounds and of course, did not know about the antique tractor pull. Can you give me some more details?????? Although I prefer the diesel super stocks, I sometimes go the the antique tractor pulls, such as last year at the Agriculture Hall of Fame in Bonner Springs. I am considering going to the Platte County Fairgrounds for their Antique Tractor Show a week from this weekend. Grnspot110 said he also might be there.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    This week is the douglas county and Leavenworth county fair. They are both doing a demolition derby saturday night too. Mclouth had a super stock pull last weekend. In september is the threshing bee. I think they are doing a super stock pull that weekend too. The Platte co fair is usually a good time too. I wish joco fair was worth going too, but they dont do anything, the older 4h kids dont seem to stick around long, I wish they would do more...like move to a better fair ground ...me or my brothers have thought about running for the fair board to try to change it hahah

Oh yea tonight was the l&g tractor pull at lawrence, douglas county fair has a website

2013 FAIR SCHEDULE | dgcountyfair.com

Threshing Bee

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info on the Douglas county fair and the McLouth Threshing Bee. I am old enough to have actually participated in a real threshing bee many years ago, although only as a water boy. There was a steam engine running the thresher as would be expected. I looked over the big tractor pull for McLouth and might consider going to that. Don't know yet about the Antique tractor pull Saturday. Platte County Fair had a big tractor pull in July, but when I found out that it was only diesel trucks, I decided not to go.

I agree on the Johnson County Fair. It is pretty useless. I do not go to it. If you are not in 4H, there is not much there. Why do I have to drive so far to find a good tractor pull with the big guys?

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Sometimes I like the big super stock, but I like the antique or farm class stuff more. Unhook your disk and hook up to a sled haha.

I have some pictures from my great granddad when they were breaking sod in ne kansas, 40 to 50 bottom gang plow behind 3 big steam traction engines.

The guy that owns the rim shop over in baldwin, last year he had a sale and they sold a lot of steam traction engines, oil pulls etc. Pretty big sale

This year at the ottawa power of the past show they are featuring red tractors. Me and my neighbor may try to take a couple tractors when they do deere again

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    How do you find these. I have not been able to find a reliable source for tractor pulls and antique tractor shows.

Sent from my Sprint EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 4 beta
    JD 4066R CAB

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I get three weekly papers, grass and grain, high plains journal and green acres, they dont cost all the much for the subscriptions. Mostly local auctions and articles and what not

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I am getting ready to leave for Lawrence shortly to visit the fair.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    For info, the antique tractor was canceled due to wet grounds

Sent from my Sprint EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 4 beta
    JD 4066R CAB

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Yea they screwed up by having the demolition derby last night.....who has a demo derby BEFORE a tractor pull...dumbasses.....

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements