Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Vehicle windshield wiper suggestions

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 960 Posts

Vehicle windshield wiper suggestions

Mrs. CP has a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe V6, 7 passenger that we bought new. Since day one, we have had issues with the windshield wipers. They do not last but 3 months, and even before that the wipers tend to streak heavily. I use Spray Way window cleaner and rubbing alcohol to keep the window surface and the wiper blades clean, but still get streaking. I want to put RainX on the windshield to see if that would help, but she HATES RainX. The streaking goes away when switching to a new blade, but is back within a month. I always buy the blades at a locally owned auto parts store. Their prices are very reasonable and they carry Anco brand. I usually get the plain Anco blade in the yellow box and then the plain winter Anco blades. I have never had this be an issue on any other vehicle. In fact, when I traded the Outback for the Silverado last year, the Outback still had the original blades on them after 3 years. Is there a particular brand or style of wiper that anybody recommends?
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    I've had great luck with Bosch Icon blades - have had the same sets on both vehicles for years. Not a chatter or a streak ever.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-22A-ICO.../dp/B005JU5VH8

Sun is the worst thing for wiper blades - it degrades them quickly.

Another issue with streaking - where is the car parked both at home and at work? I think I remember you being like me and have to have the vehicles in the garage at home. How about at work? Is it parked under or near a tree? How about a nearby factory?

With that said - a proper cleaning may be in order. I use only Invisible Glass which really works well.

My suggestion would be to get a pair of Icon blades and give the windshield a good cleaning with Invisible Glass when you install them - see what happens.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (03-21-2017)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 960 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    I've had great luck with Bosch Icon blades - have had the same sets on both vehicles for years. Not a chatter or a streak ever.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-22A-ICO.../dp/B005JU5VH8

Sun is the worst thing for wiper blades - it degrades them quickly.

Another issue with streaking - where is the car parked both at home and at work? I think I remember you being like me and have to have the vehicles in the garage at home. How about at work? Is it parked under or near a tree? How about a nearby factory?

With that said - a proper cleaning may be in order. I use only Invisible Glass which really works well.

My suggestion would be to get a pair of Icon blades and give the windshield a good cleaning with Invisible Glass when you install them - see what happens.
    Thanks Stan. Yes, you remembered right, always in the garage. At work it sits in a wide open parking lot with no trees or factories. At this point, I am going to try a different blade. I will take a look at those. Thanks.
    Marlin likes this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    I use two sets of wiper blades, one for winter and one for the rest of the year. I have had good luck with the Bosch ICON and the TRICO NeoForm wiper blades on my truck and my wifes Equinox. In the winter time I switch over to the cheapest framed wiper blades available because of how beat up they get from the ice, freezing and thawing with defroster, road sand/salt.
    etcallhome, ColonyPark and Marlin like this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to voxombmx1 For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (03-21-2017)

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,194 Posts
    I second the Bosch Icon.

This is what I use on our vehicles. I buy them from the local NAPA. I installed them on Mrs. FW '13 Rav4 last year. She told me they made a big difference. When her new Highlander wipers need replacing, I'll install these.
    Michael

2019 JD Z540R 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other stuff.
    ---------------------------------------

" If there's no one around to smell me, do I really stink"? - John Wells - Brewster County, West Texas.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to flyweight For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (03-21-2017)

11. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Thanks
    I'll add to the Bosch fan club. That's been the only brand that have held up on my Tundra.

I'm not sure what the issue is for me but I was never all that concerned about it with previous vehicles. Any brand seemed to work equally well. But for some reason the others either fall apart or do a poor job on the Tundra.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (03-21-2017)

13. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    I'll add to the Bosch fan club. That's been the only brand that have held up on my Tundra.

I'm not sure what the issue is for me but I was never all that concerned about it with previous vehicles. Any brand seemed to work equally well. But for some reason the others either fall apart or do a poor job on the Tundra.
    I got to thinking more about this - CP with a Hundai(?) and your Toyota -

We know that steel that comes from overseas is sub-grade. I wondered about the windshields - are there different qualities of glass?
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

14. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    Hiya

Woot.com has Bosch Evoultion blades for 8 bucks today. They are going fast so if you want some better be quick.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tomd999 For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (03-21-2017)

16. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd999 View Post
    Hiya

Woot.com has Bosch Evoultion blades for 8 bucks today. They are going fast so if you want some better be quick.
    What's the difference from the Icon's. I have these in my cart and then noticed.....

Edit - I see the Icons are better - going to stick with what works for me.

Thanks for the heads up though!
    Last edited by coaltrain; 03-21-2017 at 09:27 AM.
    etcallhome, DRobinson and Marlin like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

17. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Thanks
    Another bosch fan here. I watch for sales and pick them up then.

Just curious why she hates rain x on the windshield? I use it, but still use wipers and it really chases the water off the windshield.
    332 GT w/ 50" deck, trac vac
    LT178 w/ 38" deck

I heat my home & workshop with two coal stokers and have a vintage JD smoker!!!

The EPA just loves me.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Titleist1 For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (03-21-2017)

19. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast